Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rock Revolution - Konami joins the party
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sluggo  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Rock Revolution - Konami joins the party Reply with quote

Looks like Konami wants a piece of the Rock Band / Guitar Hero market, and is planning their own game with new drum / guitar controllers.

More competition = win, I say.

Also, there's a trailer floating around showing Metallica's "Am I Evil." ZOMG.

Quote:
KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT, INC. REDEFINES THE RHYTHM GENRE WITH ROCK REVOLUTION

Industry Leader Turns Up the Volume With New Music-Based Franchise for the PLAYSTATION®3 system, Xbox 360™, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™

Authentic Drum Peripheral Delivers Unparalleled Music Game Experience

EL SEGUNDO, CA - May 15, 2008 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced Rock Revolution, an unprecedented, authentic music-based video game that will re-define the rhythm genre. Brought to market by the company that created the music video game category, with breakthrough titles such as DanceDanceRevolution®, Karaoke Revolution®, Beatmania and Guitar Freaks, Rock Revolution provides an unmatched rock experience. Breaking new ground with its definitive drum experience, Rock Revolution also gives players a chance to rock out on the bass and lead guitar. Designed by musicians, Rock Revolution will be available with the most realistic drum peripheral on the market at launch for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

"Rock Revolution will be the most innovative and realistic rock game to hit the market, that will provide a quality drum peripheral and music that players will appreciate," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "As the originator of music-based games, we are dedicated to bringing fans a truly preeminent music experience. With Rock Revolution, we put the emphasis on the drum kit, delivering an experience unlike any other."

Rock Revolution features an extensive music selection on the game disc, along with a wide variety of downloadable songs available at launch for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system versions of the game. Additionally, title offers a variety of innovative single-player and multi-player modes.

A unique aspect of the Wii version is the interactive use of the controls with the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk for an air-drum and air-guitar experience. Rock out anywhere with the Nintendo DS version, using the stylus for intense rhythm matching sessions.

Rock Revolution is scheduled to launch this Fall for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 system and the Wii™ and DS™ video game systems from Nintendo. For more information, please visit www.konami.com.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't they just bring Guitar Freaks/DrumMania to america?

At any rate, I'm already going to favor Konami.

Perfect/Great/Good ratings FTMFW.
shooter21198  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setlist
the Same Topic on the Rock Band Site wrote:
Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/15/konami-jumps-on-the-band-wagon-with-rock-revolution/
Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/390879/konami-announces-rock-revolution
Shacknews: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=863
Gamesradar, thanks to trashthisdumptim: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/rock-revolution/preview/rock-revolution/a-20080515114629958066/g-20080515104419102038

Trailer, thanks to Chris Vance: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34044.html

Songs in trailer:

Scorpions - No One Like You
Quiet Riot - Cum on Feel the Noize
(No One Like You...again)
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood
Heart - Magic Man
Diamond Head - Am I Evil (could be Metallica's cover)
Whitesnake - Still of the Night
Soundgarden - Spoonman
(Youth Gone Wild...again)

Songs from Kotaku article:

Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop
Kiss - Detroit Rock City
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Blink-182 - All the Small Things

Songs from Shacknews article:

System of a Down - Chop Suey
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills
Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief

Songs from Gamesradar article:

Foo Fighters - All My Life
Korn - Falling Away from You
Papa Roach - Last Resort
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Fallout Boy - Dance, Dance
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again

Rumored songs (no link confirmation yet):

Ratt - Round and Round
Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi
Pantera - Walk
Muse - Knights of Cydonia
Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34044.html

doesn't look like it will be very challenging :/
GanonMetroid  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buMf00d wrote:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34044.html

doesn't look like it will be very challenging :/
I seriously doubt that that's the highest difficulty. Konami is better than that.

Videos. Guitar Hero accomplishments. Rock Band accomplishments. GH customs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv Ganon PSN Name: PanOfMopsicle ICQ Number
Savaged  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that setlist I swear I'm at a MetalSkool concert.
Awakener  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

99% of the BEMANI fanbase are pissed off at Konami for this. Everyone (including me) wanted GF/DM in America.

Plus, this isn't even being made by Konami, which is "lol wut" right there.

PS3/360 - Zoe Mode: The guys behind Dancing With The Stars
Wii/DS - HB Studios: Their only other works are EA's Cricket and Rugby games.

I know I may end up getting it if it gets good reviews, but it'll behind the rest of the GH games and RB - and if my track record is anything to show for it, it'll be a very, very long time before I get it. (GH1 12/05 | GH2 12/07 | GH3 or RB 12/08?)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awakener wrote:
99% of the BEMANI fanbase are pissed off at Konami for this. Everyone (including me) wanted GF/DM in America.

And for the most part that is their ONLY reason for being pissed off at Konami. Granted, yes, they are pretty much just jumping on the bandwagon with this type of game in America, but there is NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL simply porting over GF/DM, translating it, and selling it would work.

The songs are too short.
Too much of it is crappy J-Rock/J-Pop/J-whatever.
The songs that people ARE familiar with (Paranoid being one of them) are covered so poorly it's funny.

And for Konami to make GF/DM AS WE KNOW IT feasible to sell to Americans would simply cost them too much money. So we are stuck with what seems like a GH/RB rip-off. Just don't be so quick to complain about not getting GF/DM without actually thinking about it.
Jinzo  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will fail, big time. There is no one single outstanding reason to get it. I ask myself "Why should I get this game?" and I can't find an answer for it. It's too much like Guitar Hero and Rock Band. A good handful of the songs can be found in GH and RB, the others are too much like the stuff that's in RB.

To really separate themselves and make a unique game to the American market:
They should've taken the good American-like songs found in GF/DM and spotlighted those, turn the shorter ones into longer versions, and even try and get a few on rotation in American radio stations and television.

Keep the keysounded gameplay.

Extend the existing controllers, making the guitar 6 or 7 frets and the drums have hi-hat, snare, 3 toms and two cymbals, optional double-bass support without modding circuitry or any of that stuff the hardcore RB guys are doing.

Midnight Sun long version would be great with a toggle-able vocal track. Heaven Inside, Gently, The Rain Sings For Me, Fire In The Dark, Blood And Thunder, Dragon Blade with a toggle-able vocal track, there's a bunch of stuff they can use. Heck, they can even replace Japanese lyrics with English ones. They have a great in-house set of musicians and this would be a great opportunity to get some new stuff from them, and since it's in-house they can do a lot more with the songs that GH and RB can't do with master recordings.
Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Jinzo says I think they will fail. Developing these kinds of games costs a lot and takes a long time and they are already behind in the competition.. They will have a tough time.

Two songs really get my interest though, but I wouldn't buy a whole game for two songs.

System of a Down - Chop Suey
Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief
Matt  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing the good/great/perfect ratings... if Konami strays away from that, they lose their only unique feature.
Mark 8:36
MACGYVERRRRRRRRR  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
I'm not seeing the good/great/perfect ratings... if Konami strays away from that, they lose their only unique feature.

Seems like only perfects increase the multiplier, but that's about it.
Hastyle  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost me at the gamesradar song list(Fall Out Boy sucks, coming from an actual musician who actually hates them, not just Pete) Then I was really lost at Avril Lavegne.

Well, more likely than not Chop Suey could mean double bass pedal =]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: berserkerjay666
Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idf Konami wants to distance itself from the pack, then they should try something different: Keyboard! I don't know how it'd work, but it would be a pretty good idea... could be fun.

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
RAWRIAMSPOON  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of funny how it says that Konami is breaking new ground with this, even though it's an obvious copy of Rock Band/Guitar Hero for its success. I'm not saying Konami made Guitar Freaks or Drum Mania after RB/GH, but they're only bringing it to the US to ride on success of the two already established franchises.

Konami shouldn't be this GAAAAAAAH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: