ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone else not likeing how you activate SP?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RonBurgvndy  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Anyone else not likeing how you activate SP? Reply with quote

Okay, I'm having a lot of fun with this game but activating SP is killing my combo's. Im using the RB drum set so this may be the problem. Is the GH drum set easier? Any suggestions?

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
GH:WT

Last edited by RonBurgvndy on Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RonBurgvndy
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically the sets don't always respond the way that they should. It doesn't always recognize that you are trying to activate SP when you hit both of the cymbals or pads. I've played on both and the same thing happens on both. For best results: hit them hard, precise, and on beat. That's your best chance of activating successfully. Remember that the next note after you activate will be automatically hit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's really confusing, half the time I break combo, half the time I get lucky and get to keep my combo...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
Yeah it's really confusing, half the time I break combo, half the time I get lucky and get to keep my combo...

yeah, a lot of times I get so distracted by trying to figure out when and how to activate that I break an easy combo...

I dont like this system of SP.

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RonBurgvndy
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE the new way to use starpower It's horrible, you can berely activate sp without losing a combo. I hope they get smart next time around.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be optimal points-wise, but I always tend to activate on the note right after a snare hit. It's just easy for me to go, for example, in a simple rock beat of

to instead play

(Colors are wrong in that example due to them being freticons not drumicons, but you get the point)

I've only broken combo doing this I think twice. And it was good enough to help me get a world-first FC (Nuvole E Lenzuola) and 10k above second place.
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost like there's some hidden condition that has to be active, also. The timing window in this game is so loose that you can do a roll from yellow to blue on the RB kit during a fill area and the game will activate Star Power even though you technically didn't hit them at the same time, because the yellow and blue fall into the same timing window. So why wouldn't it just activate every time, it's not like I don't know how to hit yellow and blue at the same time, and even if I was slightly off it would still work.

That said,

tordana wrote:
This may not be optimal points-wise, but I always tend to activate on the note right after a snare hit. It's just easy for me to go, for example, in a simple rock beat of

to instead play

(Colors are wrong in that example due to them being freticons not drumicons, but you get the point)

I usually do that too, and it usually works. My hands are in the "right" position for the star power activation, I just have to move over one pad.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
EffectZ  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
I actually like the SP activation stuff, to be honest.

Same here. It took some time to get used too, but now I really like it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EffectZ wrote:
Azurite wrote:

Same here. It took some time to get used too, but now I really like it.

I agree 100% as long as it activates when you want it to activate.

It's unfair to judge whether or not you like the new SP activation method if your set doesn't always activate when you want it to.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:

God of Drums has spoken.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:

The idea of it seems like it would be better. But it doesn't seem to work correctly. There are plenty of times when I try and activate it at a reasonable time and it breaks my combo with no activation.

I'd take RB's system over this sketchy way of doing it any day.

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited what I wrote previously in this thread, and wrote:

It's unfair to judge whether or not you like the new SP activation method if your set doesn't always activate when you want it to. Although this happens quite often for most of us, you need to be blaming the set for this, not the actual way of activating.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
I edited what I wrote previously in this thread, and wrote:

It's unfair to judge whether or not you like the new SP activation method if your set doesn't always activate when you want it to. Although this happens quite often for most of us, you need to be blaming the set for this, not the actual way of activating.

I don't know, maybe its just me (but I don't think it is, because I've talked with a few other drummers about this) but it doesn't just seem like the kit. My kit doesn't drop notes that often and its hardly ever the activation pads that drop them. When trying to activate it during simple beats it doesn't always go off. It seems like a flawed system to me, and even if it did work how its intended. Its out of the way and doesn't contribute to your drumming like RB's system. RB allowed you to be creative and add some interesting fills a long with an easier activation.

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RonBurgvndy wrote:

I don't know, maybe its just me (but I don't think it is, because I've talked with a few other drummers about this) but it doesn't just seem like the kit. My kit doesn't drop notes that often and its hardly ever the activation pads that drop them. When trying to activate it during simple beats it doesn't always go off. It seems like a flawed system to me, and even if it did work how its intended. Its out of the way and doesn't contribute to your drumming like RB's system. RB allowed you to be creative and add some interesting fills a long with an easier activation.

Well I agree that even on good kits that it happens. I believe it's because the kit doesn't realize that you are trying to activate SP. It may recognize both hits and still not activate. This obviously would happen when you break combo and still hit the yellow/orange note that comes down. This is still a faulty problem with the kit, rather than the actual way you are trying to SP. Now I'm not some WT Kit Fanboy (if those exist?) and I'm not going to keep bringing up these excuses forever. They should have made sure this system works every time and worked only when you wanted it to work. If they couldn't get it to work, then they either should've stuck with Rock Band's way of activating or came up with something totally different. Obviously these companies still haven't learned to test their products before they send them out, and we still have to suffer for all of their stupid mistakes. Yet we still remain the stupid people who buy them. So who can blame them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: