ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thank you, Activison.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rewinding and playing the same section a second time doesn't add to your streak, nor does it add to your note total. is that dificile difficulty hard, or expert?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyt, the way rewinds add to your note total is like this:

first play: <-- rewind on blue
second : :R:rewind ends:B:

Also I think there maybe a difference based on cross fade squeezing. I haven't played around with this... but you get a combo tick for every beat in cross fade. If you re-center on beat, if you center early this may cause the loss of a note.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was saying was that rewinding doesn't affect the total notes hit at the end of the song.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Kane40  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rewind itself doesn't change the streak, but "squeezing" in a rewind section seems to do so.

And "difficile" is Hard.

Grimnir wrote:
If you re-center on beat, if you center early this may cause the loss of a note.

As stated by higgatron, 31 notes with only 1 rewind difference. It's really a big gap

Seems we need game designers to come to this forum

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember how many notes can be ticked to your combo at once. Two taps (chord) only count for 1 but if you're at a beat faded, fade back, and have a note that's 3.

But i do think there is another force acting here to change total notes that we don't know yet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work now. Link is the same as last time: DJHeroControllerThingy.zip
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nardi11011 wrote:
It should work now. Link is the same as last time: DJHeroControllerThingy.zip

PM'd you so we can stop hijacking this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so some experimentation with cross fade "notes" (ie what adds to your combo)

It seems to be a measure of time. Every x time in cross fade == note. This does not seem to count beats or measures, so if you fade early and exit late it could potentiall add a note to your multiplier in many instances across a song based just on how you play the area.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
gh---1--- and rb1 and didn't think to look any further

There was something wrong with RB's engine?
Maybe I should make a music game with a 10-second timing window, I'm sure you'd love it.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BemaniAK wrote:
Grimnir wrote:
gh---1--- and rb1 and didn't think to look any further

There was something wrong with RB's engine?
Maybe I should make a music game with a 10-second timing window, I'm sure you'd love it.

Obviously you saw the reference and on reaction posted your defense to rb. This is obvious because timing window had no part in my posts. <_<

I don't think timing window is the problem, in dj hero or rock band. And I haven't said anything close to it either <_< But I -DID- go over what I do have a problem with dj hero, and how it draws from gh1 and rb2... Maybe you should go back and read the post you replied to <_<

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
I don't think timing window is the problem, in dj hero or rock band. And I haven't said anything close to it either <_< But I -DID- go over what I do have a problem with dj hero, and how it draws from gh1 and rb2... Maybe you should go back and read the post you replied to <_<

Considering that since Parappa and Beatmania this whole genre's been a copy-paste job (Since there's never been much room for innovation) I didn't think you'd have a problem with engine similarities.
Since GH1 was unresponsive, and you piled in RB1 into the same pool as it, it's pretty easy to come to a conclusion that you think a tight timing window=clunky and unresponsive.
I don't care for Rock Band either, by the way, compared to Guitar Hero games I got incredibly bored of Harmonix's incredibly easy charts and stopped playing (Which was weird because GH2 was like a Masterpiece in that regard), if they could make harder and more fun charts then I'd like it because its Engine is one step closer back to Drummania/GuitarFreaks' gold mine of an engine.

I'd say this game's engine is too loose.
When you can tap more times than you need to and still combo, and randomly scratching on complex scratching sections can get you 4 stars, it needs tightening up.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comparison to gh1 is that there is no practice mode, the gameplay is buggy, and the graphics have some problems. The menu's are also shit, as is co-op (only 1 player can use the effector at a time in local co-op) and vs (you have to play completely different in vs in dj hero than you do solo b/c of no rewinds)

The comparison to rb is that there is only 1 mod speed and it's has hardly any effect. Speed mods are essential to these games, especially at a high level of play. Hand in hand with this is the scroll rate which varies by song tempo, which means you have to adjust your sight to the screen and timing with each song you play, rather than a universal scroll speed allowing the player to transition between songs, and play new songs, without problems. Also, it has a strum limit similar to rb, which is completely ignored as the charts contain sections which require more inputs than the controller can send.

the rhythm genre may be a "cut and paste" job as far as game general game design goes... that is something you could say about any genre. Game engine, and game design however vary quite a bit between two companies releases. Just look at ddr vs piu, or gh vs rb. There are many many differences in their engines and game design. I'm not complaining about these differences. The games SHOULD be different, as they cater to their market, and keeps themselves distinct from their competitors.

However the game engines buggyness is something that we really should not be seeing at this point in gaming development. They aren't going to patch it to fix it, and we don't know if they're even going to fix it in their next release. there are serious problems with this game that need to be addressed if it is going to be a major seller to either the casual or core players.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes more sense.
But it's not like they looked at GH1 and said "We'll have kind of inconsistent controls" and looked at RB2 and said "Okay, one speed mod"

Grimnir wrote:
the rhythm genre may be a "cut and paste" job as far as game general game design goes... that is something you could say about any genre. Game engine, and game design however vary quite a bit between two companies releases. Just look at ddr vs piu, or gh vs rb. There are many many differences in their engines and game design. I'm not complaining about these differences. The games SHOULD be different, as they cater to their market, and keeps themselves distinct from their competitors.

But the only real difference they could have made is scoring, which would take it too far away from the ____ Hero formula.

DDR and PIU are the same, but one has diagonal notes and a center note, GH and RB are the same but one has a tighter timing window.
Difference in games is more cosmetic than simple differences like that.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BemaniAK wrote:
That makes more sense.
But it's not like they looked at GH1 and said "We'll have kind of inconsistent controls" and looked at RB2 and said "Okay, one speed mod"

Grimnir wrote:

But the only real difference they could have made is scoring, which would take it too far away from the ____ Hero formula.

DDR and PIU are the same, but one has diagonal notes and a center note, GH and RB are the same but one has a tighter timing window.
Difference in games is more cosmetic than simple differences like that.

that's kinda bs <_< the differences between gh and rb are far beyond a tighter timing window. Which I don't even really believe... Give me the proper visual spacing on rb (aka hyperspeed, aka NOT overlapping notes), and fix the strum limit, and you'll likely see similar results between games. As a frequent and high level player of both of these games, i firmly believe this is true.

The differences that matter, which go FAR beyond scoreing, are the engine problems, like strum limits. This is a serious problem in rb and djhero because they both have sections charted faster than this input limit, which would be fixed by using a different format <_< It's a well known controller input issue, and in my opinion, pretty ridiculous for any gaming company charting these input timing requirements to format system to limit the player so that they cannot do it "properly" (ie playing notes at the proper time, rather than starting early / ending late, or being forced to alt-strum when downstruming on time is more convenient)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually hate adding to collective "BAWW" threads like this one, but......

I could deal with the hyperspeed being a cheat (Although it shouldn't.) but this is just too stupid for me not to rant about.

Why do the graphic effects cheats disable saving? I really want to know how background effects are grounds for disabling features of the game.

The cheats in DJ Hero are the opposite of GH and RB cheats for crying out loud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: