ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SHWiki logo (Hailz's ones official. This=Archive now)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely like this one a lot better, but once again the "graciously documenting the documenting of our future arthritis" is white text with a black stroke. I know what it says, but my eyes fight to really make sense of it. It might just be a personal pet peeve. I love adding strokes myself, but for some reason the readability is really effected when the text is so tiny (blame the typography class I'm in right now.. my prof would kill me if I added stuff like that >_<).

Good work though. I like the track you're on. Whoever made that RB font did an okay job, but I really don't like the S that was used, so I just kept mine the way it was.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Random: I think "graciously documenting the documentation of our future arthritis" sounds better. Thoughts?

That's what I've been using since the start. And that's what was on the page, so...

I will edit this if I can find a way to make the pixel text not drown out, without turning it black, unless that's the only way out.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Random: I think "graciously documenting the documentation of our future arthritis" sounds better. Thoughts?

That's what I've been using since the start. And that's what was on the page, so...

Heh, see, I fail at reading. (Leave me alone I'm dyslexic :<)

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
duck  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the first logo because of the rock meter, that looks awesome.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: I Duckzorz I
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, I like Cyberwaste's a lot, aside from the Visitor font. It kind of fits, but it's definetely hard to read. I like the stroke more also, but with such small text, it's kind of a pain. Maybe a different font?

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying out some different fonts to see what I like... what Carrot told me in IRC was that he'd like to see what we can come up with without using game fonts.

Just something basic here. The flames got a little messed up and I can fix that, but the font is what I'm looking for thoughts on. I like the font for "wiki" a lot.

1KJ08mq.jpg
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really like the font on that one Hailz, the text is a little light but other than that I really like that one. Maybe try some black (or at least darker) text? Just a suggestion, I have no artistic skill so I'm probably not the best person to listen to .
Cyberwaste  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I'm trying out some different fonts to see what I like... what Carrot told me in IRC was that he'd like to see what we can come up with without using game fonts.

Wow, that looks badass... I love that font, what's it called? I can't be bothered looking it up.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
shooter21198  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that new Hailz logo should be the logo
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shooter21198SH
mjdude23  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shooter21198 wrote:

Agreed, but as footballtom said the text should be just a tad darker. I don't know about black, I think that might make the flames look kind of funny. But yeah the text looks great!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjdude23 wrote:
shooter21198 wrote:

Agreed, but as footballtom said the text should be just a tad darker. I don't know about black, I think that might make the flames look kind of funny. But yeah the text looks great!

Thanks guys. I'm in class right now but I'll play around with that logo a bit later today.

Cyberwaste: http://www.fontspace.com/livin-hell/spinal-t-fanboy
http://www.fontspace.com/last-soundtrack/rock-show-whiplash

Two of my favorite fonts

1KJ08mq.jpg
TheFrank  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if you are going to use the Guitar Hero font for it please move the left side of the H on "Hero" up more seeing as the only reason it was skewed like that in the first place was because of the G that was on top of it. Now there is no G on top so there should be no reason for it to be skewed down like that.

I'm certainly not an artist or anywhere close but I'm suprised the artistic people on this site hadn't caught on to that earlier.
Cyberwaste  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Cyberwaste: http://www.fontspace.com/livin-hell/spinal-t-fanboy
http://www.fontspace.com/last-soundtrack/rock-show-whiplash

Two of my favorite fonts

Thanks. I don't know about this version of it... Maybe it's just me but the gradient on the main text looks strange... But I love the colours on the flames in the back, and the wiki... I'll probably give it one more shot, but I think I'm outdone here.

psxfreak101 wrote:

Last edited by Cyberwaste on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random tries:

1KJ08mq.jpg
Deimos  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

That one is by far my favorite, style-wise, but I don't like the large 'O' much.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: