ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Left 4 Dead 2- DLC and Mutation Selector Hitting July 24th. Woo-Hoo!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit Valve! L4D/L4D2 for $10!?!?!? Totally bit on this one. The servers are getting hammered right now, but I can wait a bit to kick zombie ass.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only played the last area and finale, but it seemed alright. Very nice to play the original and best survivors again. Still not enough to get me back into L4D longterm, but it was nice to play around the new campaign and No Mercy again. A couple nice minor changes to No Mercy such as going back to the original area design for the finale that has the roof building open instead of closed on top.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another reason to hate PC gamers- their download of The Sacrifice isn't glitchy as fuck.

Here's a sampling of some of the stuff I've run into since the add-on got released this morning:

In Online Campaign (SP seems to work fine):
>Docks are clipped in Sacrifice 1- in other words, if you step on them, your character hangs off and needs to be pulled up.
>Tank in S1 shows up as a hunter with tank health/powers
>Tons of other objects are clipped- you can walk through shipping containers, walls of brick, etc.
>Two people have told me that they were given the add-on for free after adding the update
>S2 literally can't be passed in online MP- when you go to the end of the ship, your characters fall through and die in the water
>Can't walk up the walkway to the health station near the mill in S2
>Can't walk down the crane leading to the ship in S2

In Versus:
>Everything about the above holds true, with the added "bonus" that infected will occasionally get spawns of 5 seconds or less even if four players are present
>Tanks will randomly lose control, even with a full aggression bar
>Many objects are clipped to the point that the Spitter can't bounce anything- her shots just sail right through. Likewise, the hunter has a rough time wall-jumping.
>In No Mercy 4, random zombies will become still as a statue and unpassable. You can't kill them, move them, anything. With so many small corridors, it means this level is virtually unplayable.
>In NM2, survivors and infected walk right through the subway cars as if they don't exist
>In NM1 and 2 and S1-3, Francis appears to either be not walking at all (gliding around the ground) or with his hands permanently stuck out in a Christ-like pose.

Seriously, it's great to have the new content and all, but we paid and then waited an extra day for THIS? In a word, it's unacceptable.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently all that stuff's been fixed already. Game on.

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
It's not fixed. Everytime I play the second lvl in single player, the game locks up, then closes. I haven't gooten further than that, and I've tried it 3 times so far. Same spot every time btw.

3926 0220 0199 1364
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
fUNC wrote:
It's not fixed. Everytime I play the second lvl in single player, the game locks up, then closes. I haven't gooten further than that, and I've tried it 3 times so far. Same spot every time btw.

There was a small patch/server update last night, so you should be good to roll. I haven't had any issues with No Mercy or The Sacrifice on XBL since Wednesday.

~Kyle~

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sort of confused and reading up on it doesn't seem to help. If you buy it once is it playable in both games, or do you have to pick one or the other? Do you get more content for one purchase over the other? You get No Mercy in L4D2 if you buy the DLC, correct?

Also, is it worth it? I thought The Passing was okay, but not great, only cause for some reason I thought meeting the old survivors would be more exciting and it felt a little bit of a letdown. The idea of playing as them again sounds quite a bit more enticing. So what's the verdict?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I'm sort of confused and reading up on it doesn't seem to help. If you buy it once is it playable in both games, or do you have to pick one or the other? Do you get more content for one purchase over the other? You get No Mercy in L4D2 if you buy the DLC, correct?

Also, is it worth it? I thought The Passing was okay, but not great, only cause for some reason I thought meeting the old survivors would be more exciting and it felt a little bit of a letdown. The idea of playing as them again sounds quite a bit more enticing. So what's the verdict?

One download, but L4D1 only gets The Sacrifice (and without melee weapons/new infected, no less). L4D2 essentially gets eight maps instead of three with every feature intact, although five of those maps are No Mercy. In fact, you could argue that one of the three Sacrifice maps (which is a slightly altered version of The Port from The Passing that changes the finale from a game of Scavenge into a Survival-esque map that can throw upwards of five tanks at you) isn't new at all.

Is it worth it? I thought so. For one, the quips from the original survivors quickly make you realize just how bland the L4D2 survivors were. One of my favorite new exchanges went something like this:

Francis: You're awfully chipper for a guy who's about to be eaten by a pack of zombies.
Louis: Francis, having a positive outlook got me where I am today.
Francis: About to die in desolate brick factory? That's where I am too, and I got to complain about shit the whole time.

So yeah, The Sacrifice itself is mostly more of the same with a better cast. No Mercy, however, is a revelation with the L4D2 add-ons. Spitters and Chargers turn what was already a fantastic campaign into a nail-biter with close to zero hiding spots. If you hated going around the top of the construction site in NM4 with Smokers and Tanks, you'll love trying to get four people to the end with Chargers and Jockeys thrown in. It's unquestionably a better value on the PC (L4D1 + 2 are only $10, and the DLC is free), but, like you, most of the people I play with are on the 360, and I don't regret paying 3 1/2 Rock Band/Guitar Hero songs for the new content whatsoever.

~Kyle~

joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was $10 on Thursday. It stopped being on sale Thursday at 4pm pacific time. lol That was a really awesome deal though. I bought both the games for my friend who went away to college a month ago.

I really enjoy the sacrifice. I think the finale is a blast. You have to fight a shit ton of tanks, and less hordes. That is more fun IMO. Then the end is intense when the one guy goes down to turn on the generator and everybody is wait and watching making sure they don't get messed up pretty badly.

The first horde you have to fight on the first level is also really intense because you have to fight off a tank while fighting the horde. When I did it the first time, I think I swore at least 12 times. haha

3926 0220 0199 1364
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank runs on Mutation are hilariously fun.
I had a team completely rage quit on mine once though. Fun stuff.
Guile's theme also fits all too well for the runs.

The Sacrifice is also terrific, UNLESS you have a team with horrid luck or just a crap team. I ran into a game where we were mobbed too many times, people kept splitting up and not helping one another. Lots of friendly fire. Basically we all went down a few times and had to use a health kit or two before we hit the safe room about 5 minutes away. The finale was just awful too. It took my friends and I a few tries before we nailed it finally though.

No Mercy also seemed to have gotten harder! But it's lots more fun the way they redesigned it :P
Garwood  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking love playing No Mercy on Left4Dead 2.

It was on the bottom of my list for the original but it's super great now.

TAAAANNNKK!!!!! was really fun too but I think it's gone by now isn't it?

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
CloudFuel  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAAAANK - Nah, shouldn't be gone until Thursday. They were normally releasing new mutations every Thursday before The Sacrifice.

Regarding The Sacrifice. The maps (minus the finale) are long and offer a couple of nice choke/insta-kill spots & the crescendo scenes are pretty slick as well.

The finale was great up until the cut-scene at the end... they really dropped the ball on what should've been a much more climatic event. I know trailers are supposed to show the best of in order to get you interested, but when the trailer FAR out does the finale - that's a problem! There was no suspense or anything. It would've been great to try and hold your own against 3 tanks or something along those lines.. but nope, just a quick hit - down - and done.

No Mercy totally makes this DLC worth every dollar (imo). I loved no mercy in L4D1 and even more so in L4D2.

* Tighter games thanks to the better point system in L4D2.
* Tougher games thanks to the L4D2 special infected
* Better camaraderie thanks to the L4D1 characters.
* More variety thanks to the L4D2 weapons.

I like how they didn't change the levels much, but did take out some of the obviously easy insta-kill spots... making it just a bit more balanced.

This gives me hope that Dead Air, Death Toll, Blood Harvest, & Crash Course will find their way onto L4D2 as DLC...

Also hoping they'll eventually fill out that Lighthouse map from L4D1 survival into a full out campaign and port that to L4D2 as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wouldn't put all the L4D1 campaigns in L4D2. L4D1 would stop being sold completely.

I really do hope they keep making more campaigns. Maybe some with more than 3 levels. :/

3926 0220 0199 1364
Garwood  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the number of opportunities there have been to get Left4Dead < $10 and the success of Left4Dead 2 I seriously doubt the original is still selling enough copies to make it worth NOT converting the maps.

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true

Also, the new mutation is so god damn difficult. Any one else try it yet?

3926 0220 0199 1364
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: