ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GH2 "Not-so-sightread" rivalry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malum wrote:
Is it too late to join?

Nah, I think it's kind of "sign up until Johnny says it's over". I signed up a few days late and I'm in it.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, if there's still room I'd love to join. Haven't played through GH2 in years. should be fun!
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Nah, I think it's kind of "sign up until Johnny says it's over".

Basically this...
In reality, as long as you record your scores before hand, this can go on indefinitely even if I start using this site less and less frequently. It's not like it's huge amounts of work to run this, though I can't be arsed to do it all the time, I'd probably just update it weekly or less often.

This kind of rivalry isn't time constrained so it really doesn't matter when you do it. Though really, once a majority of people are finished, it loses the rivalry aspect and is more something that you can do on your own to see how you would have measured up against the other's who have already finished. After a while (month or two) this would probably be ideal: people can post their score/FC counts and say how they would have fared, but don't necessarily need their scores recorded on the spreadsheet.

On a different note, who the hell FCs Kicked to the Curb but not Salvation or Possum Kingdom :S

EDIT: Malum and Chaos, which systems were you planning on using?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
On a different note, who the hell FCs Kicked to the Curb but not Salvation or Possum Kingdom :S
Niiiiice job on missing Salvation! Well done!

Seriously though, getting KttC for this rivalry is pretty damn sweet man (and I'm saying that despite finally FCing it rather quickly myself just a few days ago after doing this rivalry). Also Possum Kingdom is completely and utterly impossible! >_>

I'm kinda glad this rivalry existed, as it did actually provide me with more GH2 FCs eventually! Yeah I did still have FCs remaining in GH2 on-disc on the expert difficulty not named Jordan! (lol 360 exclusives) Forgot how fun most of those were. It motivated me enough to finally knock off the remaining 5, but holy crap was Life Wasted a pain in the balls D:
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
EDIT: Malum and Chaos, which systems were you planning on using?

Ah, my bad. I'm using 360.
TQSG  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished inputting my scores. Can't wait to see how badly I did in comparison to everyone else. :v

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQSG wrote:
Just finished inputting my scores. Can't wait to see how badly I did in comparison to everyone else. :v

I make you look like UKOGmonkey odds are.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got a new GH2 disc for both ps2 and 360, and I'm back home for two days before going back to school for two days and graduating o.O

First song I played was six, totally bombed that XD Let's see how I do on the rest of these previously unplayable songs...

Oh yeah, please tell me this rivalry is still alive? I haven't heard a peep in two weeks, I hope I'm not the only one left at this point :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Oh yeah, please tell me this rivalry is still alive? I haven't heard a peep in two weeks, I hope I'm not the only one left at this point :p

I think it's like, an ongoing thing, like Johnny explained a few posts back. I mean I haven't posted any new scores in a while myself, I don't feel like playing a lot of the songs I have left. I really didn't do well at all, anyways.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell I beat my high score on Monkey Wrench by 800 LOL XD

Also missed like ten notes from the end in mother. Not cool >.>
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
What the hell I beat my high score on Monkey Wrench by 800 LOL XD

Did you 6* it :B
inv4der  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've filled in all my boxes but I'm confused as to where I would input my Detonation and Bury The Hatchet scores.

Also I FCed Hush and it's not shown as such on the multiuser list. (Might want to double check that all my FCs are up there.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, seems I finished in second place after psx. Not too shabby. Got a surprise CMH FC, followed by a two miss run of CYHMK

Lots of little mistakes here and there. FC'd past the intro of TLTB for instance, and past all the hard bits in FTK, only to miss in the verse/ending respectively. Also missed in the very beginning of KitN, and nowhere else

Oh well, this was a lot of fun, and helped inspire me to improve my GH2 scores, which I think I have done a pretty good job at so far. Thanks again for the rivalry, Johnny.

Now to play the 360 version and unlock all the exclusives again :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Johnny I'm going to have to pull out of this rivalry, you can delete my column. Unfortunately, I chose not to bring my TV/xbox to my apartment for the summer, as I want to do well in this class. Didn't get around to playing gh2 this past week, as I was grinding gh3 :p
NU Grad 2015
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

, well we'll miss you CT. See ya in a few months :P.

I'm pretty sure everything is up to date. I fixed your stuff inv4der, if anyone else notices nongreen FCs of theirs, please let me know. As of now, we still have 28 (+5 360) unFCed songs as a community xD. Considering some of the ones we do have, the lack of Collide, Possum Kingdom, LTMR and Woman is kind of funny.

Anyways, congrats to those who finished and good luck to those still going.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: