SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The 360 LP Tilt Sensor Adjustment / Disable Guide - UPDATED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZackS wrote:
So you can play GH3 with the mod you made a few posts up? I know I should assume you've tried, but I just want to know before I rip the thing apart again looking for clues.

Actually I haven't tried to play GH3 with it yet (I'm primarily a Rock Band guy nowadays). Let me check this out tonight first before I get ahead of myself but if it indeed does disable GH3 play, it would be a relatively straightforward mod to add an on/off switch to the accelerometer disabling connection. The guitar would have 2 separate sensors so your SP would go off if either triggers, so you are back to your original problem. But you'd still be able to switch it back for RB play.

Last edited by BriGuy on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZackS  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know how that goes. If that's the case here, it's pretty sad that Activision would end up blocking their own guitars from functioning with over-zealous hardware detection.

And who knows, maybe the check is only performed at startup and I could turn it back off once in game.
jcstahl1  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no issues playing GH2 or 3 with the modded tilt sensor. the "new" SG/LP swap i'm doing has this mod and is using the original SG tilt sensor with an on/off switch and it works flawlessly.

http://www.myspace.com/jcstahl1customs
~~A proud owner of a rare wired 360 Les Paul~~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCStahl1
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little heads up/warning for those who replace the accelerometer with another tilt sensor. I was playing RB2 with some friends, one of whom was using my modded LP. When on the song select menu, the category would switch every once and a while when no one was hitting any buttons because when he adjusted his sitting position, he'd tilt the guitar and it would change our category.

Mystery solved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for this mod. My LP was giving me a lot of trouble with the tilt sensor, and I was about to go crazy. I did this mod and it works great. Actually what I did was change the sensitivity to 6g, since it was way easier than soldering to pin 7 and had the same effect: now star power won't go off by itself. I was going to make a switch to turn it on and off, but I had so much trouble soldering to that tiny little circuit board (this is my first mod and I have very little soldering experience ) I decided against it. Instead, when I get WT I'll just let the guitar that comes with it be my "tilting" guitar, and the one I modded will be my "select" guitar. It works because I suspect select-activating will be close to impossible for me on the WT guitars anyway.

Thanks again . And I definitely recommend changing the sensitivity to 6g instead of using pin 7. Trust me, on 6g, it's virtually impossible to tilt-activate anyway.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to an older thread that has a few sucessful and unsucessful attempts at this mod:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47916

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys !

Sorry my english is poor , and before beginning any modification , I want to know something :

If I only disconnect the resistor between blue dots , and dont do anything else , does the guitar tilt only with back button or it doesnt tilt anymore?

Thanks for your response

Mike
eddyf  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsubamike wrote:
Hello guys !

Sorry my english is poor , and before beginning any modification , I want to know something :

If I only disconnect the resistor between blue dots , and dont do anything else , does the guitar tilt only with back button or it doesnt tilt anymore?

Thanks for your response

Mike

If you disconnect the blue dots and don't do anything else, the guitar will actually continue to behave the same way, just as if you hadn't done anything. You have to also connect the other two points to get the sensitivity to change. But I wouldn't recommend connecting them without disconnecting the blue dots first, because it would probably cause a short circuit between high voltage and ground.

Current GHIII Goals:
Tsubamike  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddyf wrote:
Tsubamike wrote:
Hello guys !

Thanks for your response

Mike

If you disconnect the blue dots and don't do anything else, the guitar will actually continue to behave the same way, just as if you hadn't done anything. You have to also connect the other two points to get the sensitivity to change. But I wouldn't recommend connecting them without disconnecting the blue dots first, because it would probably cause a short circuit between high voltage and ground.

ok thanks !

I find in the option of GHWT a way to disconnect the tilt of instrument , problem clear
WhammyHappy  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone tell me how hard is it to activate with 6g?

Guitars Ive owned and had problems with: 9
# that have worked: 2
eddyf  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhammyHappy wrote:
can someone tell me how hard is it to activate with 6g?

It's nearly impossible on mine. I have to jerk the guitar up very fast and jump at the same time. Needless to say pre-tilting does not work.

Basically, if you're worried that it's going to go off by itself, it's certainly not. And if you're worried that it'll be very hard to tilt-activate... yes, it probably will. But at least it's still possible, whereas with the lolwut pin 7 mod it's literally impossible.

Current GHIII Goals:
olliesmit  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Capacitor Reply with quote

hello, can anybody please tell me any information about this capacitor. I lost mine and need to buy a new one.
PhoenixMagic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Wonderfull !!! Reply with quote

Hello all and thanks a lot for the 360 LP Tilt Sensor Adjustment / Disable Guide.

It's wonderfull, my sensor can run when i active the switch

I think putting a mercury sensor to replace the switch

Thanks thanks thanks !!!!
Turahk  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After posting on 2 other threads I finally found this one showing me exactly what I needed to know.
And after a bit of thought I have a couple ideas (that I cannot test myself at this time) that may help with the sensor issue.

1. Installing a mercury switch (or similar for those who dont want to risk mercury poisoning if they acidently break the switch open) in a "closed" position instead of a toggle switch to disable the sensor.

In theory this should enable tilting the guitar normally, you may have to have the guitar in the tilted position at game start, but hey it should fix the overactive tilt sensor...

2. Certain diodes have resistance settings, has anyone tried using different diodes to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor?

I would test these myself, but I am currently waiting on the parts to come in. I was given a timeframe of up to 3 months for delivery

olliesmit wrote:
hello, can anybody please tell me any information about this capacitor. I lost mine and need to buy a new one.

The capacitor is electrolytic and can be purchased from most electronic parts stores, the one you need it 2200 micro ferad (spelling? its been a while since i have had to write that out without symbols) at 10v, just be sure to put the polarity of the cap onto the battery wires properly.

1 last thing... the tilt sensor i have is labeled
S7360
QMIAD

Would the fixes actually work on this particular chip?
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I can't solder worth shit and the "low-tech" solution is not working for me. What would happen if I just pulled the accelerometer off the circuit board completely?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: