ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
HeroMaster47 - Completing the Collection (GH80s, GH1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PinkiePie91 wrote:
Best guitar for PS2 100% the SG. Not sure how hard they are to find nowadays, but mine has seen some shit and still works mostly perfectly well.

SO MUCH THIS. They're pretty small compared to later guitars, but by far its the best PS2-era guitar you can possibly buy.

And holy shit, damn good job on Purple Haze!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably should add that I'm a lefty in regards to guitars, don't know if that would really affect anything.

Anyway, giving bass some love now, started with WT, gone through the whole setlist and bagged 56 FCs. Nothing too insane, most of the setlist is loleasy and I could go for the FGFC if it wasn't for BYOB. I just can't get the rhythm down on that one on bass or guitar.

FC List:
No Sleep Till Brooklyn
What I've Done
Beat It
About A Girl
One Way Or Another
The One I Love
Eye Of The Tiger
Stillborn
One the Road Again
Shiver
Some Might Say
Today
Obstacle 1
Band on the Run
Up Around the Bend
The Joker
American Woman
Hotel California
Go Your Own Way
Feel the Pain
Sweet Home Alabama
Beautiful Disaster
Livin' on a Prayer
You're Gonna Say Yeah!
Mountain Song
The Middle
The Kill
Are You Gonna Go My Way
Kick Out the Jams
Love Removal Machine
Spiderwebs
Demolition Man
Freak on a Leash
Aggro
Float On
Vinternoll2
Ramblin' Man
La Bamba
Everlong
Toy Boy
Pretty Vacant
Escuela de Calor
Santeria
Re-Education Through Labor
The Wind Cries Mary
Rooftops
Weapon of Choice
Hey Man, Nice Shot
Our Truth
Antisocial
Mr. Crowley
Crazy Train
L'Via L'Viaquez
Trapped Under Ice
One Armed Scissor
Never Too Late

HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm back (again). What has it been, 3 years? Wow. Time flies, doesn't it?

Anyway... playing GH again. Getting back into it as I work on getting good at real guitar. Kinda forgot how fun GH actually was.

As for goals... mainly just looking at working on X Bass scores; the primary goal is to get on to bushidox's bass leaderboard, then overtake my old account (B.nAught47) which currently sits in the top 20 at ~84mil points.

So yeah, going to be pretty casual, just providing the odd update maybe once a week. Probably do most of the scores on weekends anyway. I'll keep a little chart up of how I'm going on progress if anyone's keen to have a look.

Nice to see this place still going after all these years. Always liked this community and always felt welcome, no matter how many years I disappear for.
HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally purchased the last two games I needed to complete my main series collection; being the PS2 exclusives, 1 and 80s. I just finished going through 80s for the first time (1 hasn't arrived yet), and got 5 FCs, Bathroom Wall probably being the best of the bunch.

80s is probably the worst of the games I've played (next to Rock Band 3; I despise that game.) The majority of the songs are just not fun to play, with many of the first couple of tiers being the typical 80s heavy metal 1 chord per measure stuff with a stupid hard solo after the 2nd chorus. The last tier is pretty great, though. Seventeen probably gets the nod for being the most fun song in the game for my money.

Will definitely need some advice for GH1. I'm well aware of the problems with the HOPOs, so some tips on how to deal with them effectively would be great.

Also got the first Rock Band, just as a little side note. That game has a tremendous setlist; almost the total opposite if GH80s. So many terrific songs.

Last edited by HeroMaster47 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps1 ? damn thats old

Must be nice to play GH80s game for the time in 2020, must be something !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeroMaster47 wrote:
Anyway, update time. Aerosmith has had a few more songs taken down, and one solitary FC from World Tour: Purple Haze (Live)

FYI, I successfully disputed the takedown of my drums FC of Purple Haze recently. I listed it as commentary and entered some nonsense about my playing being a commentary on the rhythm of the song.

Video stayed up. I think they don't care much to personally look it over if your channel is small enough. And they have to do respond or do something with the dispute within 30 days, so I think after 30 days it was just resolved by default.

EDIT: Funny how responding to a post from just one page back means I'm commenting on a 4-year-old issue. So apologies if this was not a relevant comment anymore.

Last edited by Ontwikseltsaar on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
HeroMaster47  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
ps1 ? damn thats old

Must be nice to play GH80s game for the time in 2020, must be something !

Oh dear, did I really say PS1? Gosh, that's embarrassing. I'm so not used to using my PS2 for anything that I forget it exists sometimes...
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeroMaster47 wrote:
Will definitely need some advice for GH1. I'm well aware of the problems with the HOPOs, so some tips on how to deal with them effectively would be great.

Unfortunately, the general consensus is to ignore 99% of HOPOs altogether and simply strum every note you see regardless. Obviously, it takes some getting used to, but luckily the easiest 20 songs or so are slow enough where you can mostly downstrum everything anyway, which is easier to keep rhythm imo. Two other "highlights" of GH1 are the lack of hyperspeed and practice mode, which makes figuring out tough sections even more annoying.
Outside of that, I do think the game still is enjoyable in its own way. Hitting tough sections really requires you to know the speed and number of strums, so each FC feels a bit more special, personally. I started with GH1, so I'm a bit biased, but I think a decent amount of the charts are pretty fun, so hopefully you enjoy it more than 80s lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, GH1 arrived in the mail yesterday, so I spent the last 2 days going through the game. It was pretty great, I must say. Lot of fun charts, great song choices in the main setlist (I find myself singing along to many of them )

These are the FCs I claimed on the way:

I Love Rock & Roll
I Wanna Be Sedated
More Than a Feeling
Killer Queen
Hey You
Stellar
Caveman Rejoice (total fluke)
Behind the Mask
Callout
Hey
Sail Your Ship By

Thus my GH journey comes full circle, with the final main series game I've played being the very first one. Time to go for FCs properly.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: