ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Band Hero Guitar FC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight-Rider  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghfan3257 wrote:
Ok, here's my take on the top 5 hardest guitar songs.

5. Paralyzer - Verse 1 is really awkward, takes time to learn.
4. Picture to Burn - Super chokable during banjo solo, and also after the solo.
3. I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Chorus chords are broken, trill is super chokable
2. I Want You To Want Me - This is difficult, but it doesn't take long to understand the solo, which is actually pretty easy tbh.
1. Rio - This chart is really annoying, the Sax Solo sliders that you can't strum during the YYBB section because you'll overstrum, meaning you have to tap it, making it easy to miss the notes after it, and the strumming after the solo is so easy to mess up on, this is pretty underrated in my opinion. I had much more trouble with this and IWYTWM.

What's with all these unneeded thread revivals lately? Though if I were to put my hat into this ring I think I'd put my bet on Black Cat, I Heard it Through the Grapevine, and Take a Picture.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MidniteRidr2
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Cat easily took the longest IMO.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
greenbaymackey  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at 64/65 and I've still never hit Paralyzer's Verse 1.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbaymackey wrote:
I'm at 64/65 and I've still never hit Paralyzer's Verse 1.

Try seeing it as instead of and downstrum it all. Those bits are nasty but not nearly as hard as anything I would consider hard.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Freezard  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently picked up this game after a 5 year break from GH and I finished the last four songs I had not FC:ed. The toughest for me were:

4. Love Is A Battlefield - Long song, kept missing a random note every time, it's not even placed high up in the tier list which made me depressed.
3. Rio - Actually not that hard just had to practice the strumming part for a long time, managed to FC the song immediately twice in a row after that. I did strum the slider notes in the solo and had no problems with it.
2. Paralyzer - Thought the song was just not meant for me and that I would never FC it, took a lot of practice and mashing the Verse 1 pattern into my head and eventually I started hitting them more consistently. First two times I managed through Verse 1 I choked on the fast strumming parts instead, kind of embarrassing.
1. I Want You To Want Me - Just a lot of places where you can miss a note, for example I had a run where I comboed the song until the outro which isn't even that hard. Solo 2 with the fast strumming part was the hardest for me.

I did play Black Cat again as well and I personally don't have much problems with the solo, you can use both hands which made it much easier for me at least.
ChihiroShirei  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Heard It Through The Grapevine was the nasty one for me. The trill at the end was a nightmare to be consistent at since it slowly speeds up and doesn't really go to the rhythm of the song (not to mention that you have to hit the two chordy bits before getting there.)

Black Cat is probably the toughest song to do if you aren't already good enough to hit the solo by the first time you pop in the disk.

Black Horse and the Cherry Tree felt horribly confusing the first several times I played it, but it went really early since it was actually fun to play.
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how this topic gets bumped like once a year or so hahaha

black cat is the hardest technically, grapevine was by far the most annoying to fc and i spent probably as much time on it as i did every other "hard" song combined

also wow i havent updated my sig in like 5 years
JosephL  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal hardest top 5:
5) Lifeline: no, really. I have this strange (to me) thing that, whenever I have to stretch my hand a lot, I get a bit nauseous. That made this harder for me.

4) Kids: this song was so bad that it was affecting my ability to FC it.

3) Black Cat: obviously, even though it was #30 for me. I just decided I wanted it, then went after it.

2) I Want You to Want Me (Live): I hate anything that involves two frets and funky timing.

1) YMCA: I'm not an adept tapper, so this took me six days.

As for some of the harder ones/honorable mentions:
*I FC'd Paralyzer on my 2nd try, then never again in 50 future runs.
*I FC'd Grapevine on my 5th try or so.
*In a Big Country's last solo trolled me hard.
*Gasoline's first verse just wouldn't fall for me. Until it did.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great breakdown, I think pictures of you is a little too high though, in my opinion. It was the second song I ever fced on BH (first being ABC, which is also the only song i currently have on the leaderboards)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: