Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Any SHers in a real Band?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Any SHers in a real Band? Reply with quote

Hey everybody. I was wondering if any one here was in a real band? (By "real" I mean not Rock Band or Guitar Hero) If so, what style do you play, where do you play ect. Links to videos or myspace pages would be awesome.

I'll start by posting my band :

My Band

Our Bio wrote:
We're Stone Head from southern New Jersey and for the past year we've been sitting around playing together and we've decided that it's time to take our music to other people instead of just ourselves. We're influenced by bands like Black Stone Cherry, Alice In chains and Audioslave and we certainly hope that you can enjoy what we have to offer musically as much as we do. We would really love to hear your comments and feedback on our material so please, post comments! Enjoy

I'm the bassist. We all contribute to writing the songs. The song "Sudan" is the only higher quality song on our myspace and the rest were recorded in garage band.

Okay, that's us. Now how about you guys? What riff-age is SH capable of?
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year my friends and I hope to be starting a band. I would be on drums, one friend the guitarist, on the lead singer/saxaphonist, and we would need to find a bassist.

We plan on doing lots of Beatles, all three of us are die hard Beatles fans. And we might not need a bassist for that. (no offense to Paul)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm in a high-school "band" with my best-best-friends, does that count? We haven't written any song yet, but we can create cool metal riffs and jam every now and then. I'm the 2nd guitarist, and I play drums occasionally. JoelC151 is the official drummer. Since I've bought my double bass pedal, there's a LOT of songs we can play (Laid To Rest, for example), but we still haven't finished a whole song, lol.

We're also working on a Metal medley for a local contest, we'll see how it comes out once it's completed.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
olle92  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a band with 3 friends since about a year back. We all kinda play everything but in the "official lineup" I'm the drummer. When we get together we mostly play covers, but we do have our own songs too. We have been playing mostly for fun but we've been getting more serious since we realized that people actually thought we were good

We've had quite a few gigs in the last few months, but nothing big. At some schools, company parties and actually a wedding We haven't gotten around to recording any of our songs yet due to lack of equipment but it's coming.

I don't really know how to describe our style but some major influences are Led Zeppelin, The Who, Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, GnR... i guess But a big influence for me personally is Carter Beauford, the drummer of Dave Matthews Band. Also I think having a chick on vocals puts a unique touch to the music since not alot of bands who play that kind of music have female singers.

When we get around to recording, wich should be very soon, and create a MySpace page I'll post it here if I remember.

EDIT: Undead, you better post that Metal Medley on here when it's done

EDIT2: Yeah, we don't have a name yet.

Last edited by olle92 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
pman5595  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm in my high school's 9th grade concert band-*gets shot*

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Octavian  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play drums in an All-cover death metal band. Called. "Raid the Asylum."

We just recently started writing original material....(mainly melodeathesque stuff.)

But because everyone in the band prefers different kinds of metal, it'll add some pretty nice variety to our song writing.

My brother plays bass
A weird Indian kid named Akbar plays guitar and he is insanely fast •_•
And I my bro does vocals as well.

We are really unknown...but we do ocassionally get gigs at small places.....like....parties....and stuff
Klaww  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we want to be in a band, my friend and I do, though we cant find a bassist and singer. Though when we do play we usually play grunge-like stuff. we are were going by the name conspiracy, but it might already be taken, so we went with armoured love, until we found it could be meant as condom D:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
we want to be in a band, my friend and I do, though we cant find a bassist and singer. Though when we do play we usually play grunge-like stuff. we are were going by the name conspiracy, but it might already be taken, so we went with armoured love, until we found it could be meant as condom D:

Well, that only makes it better in my book. Keep it!

ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope on forming a band, its just that there are little to no people in this area my age who have a reasonable grasp on music I have in mind. I am most definetly going to form a pop rock band in high school, but I am really looking in forming a Prog metal band and possibly a Tech Death band. I play guitar for the most part, but I really want to work on my clean vocals and growls so I can do vocals to. I right now do metal band names for friends and have several ideas in mind for my own, but like I said, can't find enough members .
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the guitar player in a band called High Anxiety. We are all friends from the North New Jersey Area (really close to New York in our case) and we write music with alternative, metal and some jazzy-type influences perhaps.

Here's the myspace page, the recordings are all pretty sloppy and we need to get more of our songs up there but there you go.
Slagr  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my friends and I are looking to form a band. We have a pretty great drummer, and perhaps a singer, but my guitar skills are limited to self-taught improvising for about a year, and the guy we want as a bassist can not be convinced to get a bass (trust me, this kid will be John Myung one year after he gets the thing). Another issue will be style... our drummer is a traditional metalhead whereas I'm more progressive, out singer is a punk fan, and our bassist likes indie and techno almost exclusively. Hopefully those influences will merge successfully?

Last edited by Slagr on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unless each of your views is radically different, I'm sure that each of you liking/being influenced by different genres will get the creative juices flowing and can most likely make some pretty damn good songs

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Metaloid  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slagr wrote:
Another issue will be style... our drummer is a traditional metalhead whereas I'm more progressive, out singer is a punk fan, and our bassist likes indie and techno almost exclusively. Hopefully those influences will merge successfully?

indie progressive metalcore that would be epic dude.

Raikri999 wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Fun Fact: I am not obsessed with Dream Theater (nor Metallica). Yay for being part of a %1 percentile!
SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER!!!!
qays1991  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:

We're also working on a Metal medley for a local contest, we'll see how it comes out once it's completed.

good luck on that dude! I'd like to hear it as well. If you have trouble trying to arrange the songs, just messsage me or something, I dunno, but a lot of my musician friends say I'm good at arranging music.... I didn't think so at first, but I changed my mind when this...'critic' came up to me and said that my piano part for this choral work was really good and had much feeling...and I had to arrange the piano part by myself and played for the critic, on that same day! (basic chords were there but bass lines and what not were open for arrangement...)

Metaloid wrote:
Slagr wrote:
Another issue will be style... our drummer is a traditional metalhead whereas I'm more progressive, out singer is a punk fan, and our bassist likes indie and techno almost exclusively. Hopefully those influences will merge successfully?

indie progressive metalcore that would be epic dude.

that would be insanely cool! I'd like to have a listen to that when you guys have good sound recordings...or recordings!!

anyway, I'm also in a band, name is 'Iramabahtera' which translated...you could say the beat of.. flow and everything? basically everything goes, and the beat/music always flows..as in goes well.

A world music band I guess? I dunno what's the genre, but we have a bass as well, guitar, the arabian oud, flute, drums, keyboard (me), violinist, singer, and some other traditional percussion instruments, and also the gulintangan which is sort of like a...if I'm not mistaken, gamelan. Our blog is http://www.iramabahtera.blogspot.com. And we'd play traditional songs, to wedding songs for (duh!) weddings, and modern songs if we have gigs at a restaurant or a bday party or some other function like company meetings..

I think we're ok though, but I still find it weird how some people say 'wow your band is good!' and that some people in my country actually know the band, especially in this situation

person: 'Hey, do you know Iramabahtera?'
me: 'Uhm...yeah...'
person: 'wow how do you know?!'
me: 'er...I'm in it'

and the person would just give a startled face? ahha

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
Benster26  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in a band, there is 3 of us. But none of us are confident enough to sing so we dont have a singer yet. We go through different genres, like we all choose say one indie song, then onece we have done them really good we choose other songs from another genre. We are quite lucky, because at school they have really good recording equipment so we can record our stuff.

We may even start doing our own stuff to!

Back on the 11th!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: