ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dutch get-together (summer break)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
Let's just cover every single instrument :P

If it's gonna be a two-day thing, I might as well bring things like a drum set, or let's check the resources... What's available? I have a few guitars for the 360, and one for wii (although I'm assuming we're going to use a 360), mike, etc.

Things I might be able to bring:

- PS3
- WT Drumkit
- BH Drumkit
- GHIII Les Paul
- BH Guitar
- Mic (lol)

All for PS3 btw. I don't know what I can bring with me in the train though :P (I could bring more stuff if I can get a ride somewhere between Amsterdam/Amersfoort).

Quote:
January 16th is probably not a good idea for me. I'd suggest something like sat/sun 3/4 jan., but I don't know if that's "too short day" (wut?) for you guys. That still júst within my holidays

Alright, that works for me as well - wait, no... it doesn't. I just realized I have some casual badminton tournament that weekend. It's not too big a deal though, so I might be able to cancel it (it's kinda like Band Hero: fun for a while but not as good as the real thing, i.e. Guitar Hero).

WhYYZ wrote:
WarlordTm wrote:

Where is this get-together going to take place?
- WhYYZ's place??? (our combined travel time will be kept to a minimum as Amsterdam is kind of central to where the rest of us live)

Well, I don't have a really responding drumkit so....
I have neighbours who are racists, and I'm tanned so they'll try anything to stop any kind of fun. (As in call the police becuase I'm drumming a hour or 3... Whiners...)

Ok, I'm scratching the Christmas get-together (btw, did they not even knock on your door and ask if you'd please quit drumming?). I *might* be able to host it myself, but I'm not sure if I can be home alone for a whole day, which is pretty much mandatory for a get-together (in my case, I consider myself lucky if I can drums for 2 hours a day).

Also, since we actually barely know each other, let's tell something about ourselves. I'll start:

So yeah, the real name's Tim, I was born and raised in Hoorn and I'm currently 19 years old. I got my VWO diploma last year and am currently studying Game Design & Development at the Utrecht School of Arts. I also play badminton at the Hoornse BV about 2-3 times a week and I'm competing in the regional competition with the rest of my team.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbert's place sounds fine to me, if he's alright with it.

Alright, so my real name is Thom (some people on other forums actually thought my name to be Socijs: "hence your youtube account SocijsOntwikseltsaar, mirite?"). I turned 18 two weeks ago (25th of november). I do VWO, and I'm in my exam year. I finished a bilingual course two years ago (after the third class) - TTO. I'm planning on studying maths (probably fundamental maths, not technical or applied, so that's like what most people think is the most boring, blackboard stuff) after I finish VWO.
In my spare time I like to play guitar (acoustic, although I have an electric one) and I expect to be taking drum lessons soon. See www.youtube.com/SocijsOntwikseltsaar for another of my hobbies, and I play tennis (after having tried football, table tennis and running).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarlordTm wrote:

Ok, I'm scratching the Christmas get-together (btw, did they not even knock on your door and ask if you'd please quit drumming?). I *might* be able to host it myself, but I'm not sure if I can be home alone for a whole day, which is pretty much mandatory for a get-together (in my case, I consider myself lucky if I can drums for 2 hours a day).

No, I'm 1,93m and quite big, so they are afraid of me

I'm Ricardo, 18, I'm studing at the IPABO, Amsterdam. (Yes, I'll be a teacher.) If i'm not playing Guitarhero, then I'll be playing Weerwolven van Wakkerdam. O, and I have a birdnest on my head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought, 16th of januari sounds good, actually :P (sorry, I keep switching)

But can anyone else give their thoughts on all this? :P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
On second thought, 16th of januari sounds good, actually :P (sorry, I keep switching)

But can anyone else give their thoughts on all this? :P

I prefer 4th~8th Januari, because of OV-cards.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ninth is a no-go for me, because I have a birthday then. :\ Any weekdays are a no-go per definition.

The first available weekend that I have is the sixteenth of January.

At my place, there's a 360, two X-Plorer controllers, one Rock Band drum kit and a USB microphone, along with copies of RB1, RB2, TB:RB, GHIII - GH5, including GH:M and GH:SH. A friend of mine is borrowing GH2 and I'm borrowing GH5.

I'll do some introductory text later. For now, I'll leave you guessing as to what my name is.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the 16th MIGHT be possible for me, although I'm not completely sure, I think there was something important to do then, but I forgot what and I can't exactly remember it right now .-.

I could also bring my (modded) Xbox 360 for which I obviously have all games (including GH:VH) and all of the imports for GH5 (Smash Hits, World Tour, World Tour DLC (got the free stuff + Dueling Banjos + Bloodmeat) + Band Hero), but as my topic says in Misc Game Discussion, it won't work when I'm offline for some reason.

Could also bring my non-modded one but that would be kinda useless, wouldn't it? ;P

Can also bring the GH5 controller o:

Anyway, too late and tired to write an introductory text right now, so I'll do that later...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a 360 today :P So I might be able to bring that too. The only games I have, though, are GH3, GHWT, GH5, GHM, RB2, hehe.
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who could bring a GH:WT drumkit for the Xbox 360? Playing GH on RB drums kinda sucks . I'll definitely look into taking all my stuff for PS3 with me, as I'll probably meet up with Ricardo (real names, yay) in the train around Amsterdam... although, if you can drive, it would be that much easier for me to bring all of my stuff. You're supposedly a big guy, so you could help me carrying

@ Robbert: do you have a wireless internet connection in your house? It might be useful for Band vs Band if we decide to bring another Xbox. Also, a second console means a second TV, anyone?

P.S. updated OP with the stuff everyone can/might be able to bring.

P.P.S. What? Almost €25 for a train ticket to Rijsen (not that I'm short on money or anything).
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)

Last edited by WarlordTm on Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ haha, midnight post win :P

you have to know, though, that my GHWT isn't working perfectly anymore, i can't play Overkill, Assassin, Parabola (noes!).

It would be cool to still get that side-gettogether going, but I don't know if that's even remotely possible.

I ***might*** be able to bring my drumset, it occasionally overhits, but works ok.

Also, how's that top-secret stuff working out for ya? I bet no one even saw this thread
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
It would be cool to still get that side-gettogether going, but I don't know if that's even remotely possible.

I'm pretty sure I can't host this side get-together, and I know Ricardo can't host it, so that leaves either you or H.T... although the trip would be a pain for either of you who won't be hosting it.

Quote:
I ***might*** be able to bring my drumset, it occasionally overhits, but works ok.

I have a MIDI-cable for tuning my drumkit, so I could easily fix your drumkit's sensitivity if you can bring it with you.

Quote:
Also, how's that top-secret stuff working out for ya? I bet no one even saw this thread

Ssssssssssssh... we're not allowed to talk about the 70P-53CR37 part. Besides, people won't understand all of the Dutch sayings we lazily translate to English (seriously, "too short day" lol).

Last edited by WarlordTm on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be able to host a get together while still living with my parents, since they own a small hotel. There's always guests staying here, who we might wake up =E

And the overhitting of my drumset has nothing to do with the sensitivity, which i already adjusted numeral times with the free tuning cable/software from redoctane.
My green and red pads didn't work when I got the kit, so I tried the Popsicle stick trick, which helped, until the wires that controlled the overhits detached from the sensors, so I tried taping, then more taping, more taping, and finally soldering it together, which worked in the end, but I need to see if nothing broke again.

The reason I can try and FC stuff now is because I hooked my GHWT drums up with my Roland TD-9K kit with a MIDI cable (I got one of those).
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost forgot, I have RB2 with over 300 DLC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could host the side-gettogether at my place anytime between the 16th and the 28th of January. I don't know if people could sleepover because I don't have alot of space... Either we're gonna have to just make it one day or find some solution ;P

I also don't really have a decent TV, I use my 26" monitor to play on my Xbox 360 ;P (It can output Full HD though, so it's not like it'll look ugly)

Anyway, the info: My name is Hendrik Tjitte (it's a double name, so please don't call me "Hendrik" ;P). Most people call me H.T. for short. I'm currently 20 years old and I reside in Bolsward. I'm currently doing "Multimedia Vormgeving" (Multimedia Design) at Friesland College in Leeuwarden. I used to do VWO, then HAVO, then GT, because I'm pretty lazy ^^

My main hobby is pretty much just gaming. Not just Guitar Hero, I play everything from NES to Xbox 360 games. Got all current-gen consoles too.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reakt00r wrote:
I could host the side-gettogether at my place anytime between the 16th and the 28th of January. I don't know if people could sleepover because I don't have alot of space... Either we're gonna have to just make it one day or find some solution ;P

So we're basically looking at a second get-together after the first one, if people are interested. Let's just see who's interestedfirst, then we can go into detail.

Quote:
... (it's a double name, so please don't call me "Hendrik" ;P). Most people call me H.T. for short.

Fixed ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: