ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Your Worst Chokes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Your Worst Chokes Reply with quote

Well, every good player has to choke sometimes, an I had my most devastating choke so far yet. I was playing Sweet Home Alabama on drums today, it was right before the final 2 sustains, I activated starpower but my hand automatically responded to the next note as well, so I hit a blue where there was no blue, and broke my combo. I was so angry I threw my drumsticks with such force one of them stabbed through a chair. No lie. What are some of your worst chokes? [/img]

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was already a thread about this in Accomplishments of all places, and it got to about 5 replies before lock. That'll probably happen with this one too.

In the meantime, choking Monsters Chorus 3 twice. (They were both PFOs after I had FC'd the song, so it wasn't a big deal.)

Edit: Just saw that this was in drums. In that case, I don't have any to speak of. Carry on.

Last edited by RichardGHP on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't FC a song without choking first, so, there'd be way to many to name for me.

edit: Richard, this is Drums :P

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cult Of Personality. I know the outro is not that easy, but I missed easy shit there. Twice. I can't believe it.

Also, Sad But True. AWW COME ON, I swear my pedal overhit

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Marbler  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orange symbol overhit so many times while trying to fc trippin on a hole in a paper heart. eventually got it, but god damn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Marbler
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:

lrn2readedits

Despite the probable short life of this thread, it could be interesting to see some bad chokes. I'll keep my eye on this one.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

lrn2readedits

Despite the probable short life of this thread, it could be interesting to see some bad chokes. I'll keep my eye on this one.

There is already a thread like this in Misc. GH Discussion, so I doubt the thread was locked strictly for its content. Possibly because it was in Accomplishments, while a choke isn't an accomplishment much.....

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
hheemm  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an FC up until the outro on Younk Funk. I missed 10 notes from the last note. Also, on So Lonely, I choked on the outro roll sustains.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
SuperMarioTRH  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the last double-bass note at the end of Crazy Train... I missed I think the last green or the last bass on Schism and I already got a bad reverse choke on Scream Aim Fire =.=

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst choke ever would have to be missing the broken sustain in Stranglehold's outro, only 3 notes from the end .
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my worst was at the end of Trapped Under Ice, I missed a cymbol in the last tom break, 70ish notes from the end. I literally swung and missed it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst choke was on Tuesday's Gone. About 15-20 notes from the end there was a WTF part I missed at... could've been 1st WT drums FC. Was still good for global 1st though

CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My worst drum choke was probably on my sightread of RARAN. I FC'd to the outro and missed the last note of the last roll. ...>_>
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

lrn2readedits

Mine was before yours :P

CryofthePlanet wrote:
My worst drum choke was probably on my sightread of RARAN. I FC'd to the outro and missed the last note of the last roll. ...>_>

I did that in a Full Band session. can't remember if I was the only one who cost us the FBFC

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
DoomScythe101  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is probably missing the 14th to last note in Do You Feel Like We Do (Live). I was extremely pissed that I sat through the song for 13+ minutes, just to miss the 3151st note. I don't think I will ever play the song again.

I also had quite a few chokes on Shout at the Devil at the weird last double bass on X+.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: