Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What songs to learn ?? New to Guitar.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: What songs to learn ?? New to Guitar. Reply with quote

Ok,so i know there are some Real Guitarists on SH and i just today got myself a guitar and amp for christmas (But i'm not aloud it yet ) and i'm wondering what are easy songs to learn on guitar ??

Oh, and for anyone wondering, it's a Brand New Vintage Metal Axxe Razer !! Black Edition.

Any input appreciatted !!
qays1991  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that your sig has Dragonforce on it and you got a electric guitar that has the word 'Metal' in its name, I'm gonna assume you're into the sound of METAL.

if you're a really beginner, or intermediate, I don't what your level is, you could easily just pick up the Hard Rock Guitar Songs for Dummies, they got a pretty decent song selection there like Iron Man, Rock You Like a Hurricane, Carry on Wayward Son, Bark at The Moon..

(wait a minute, aren't most of these songs on Guitar Hero??) no comment?

if you're a beginner, focus on some really easy riffs...if you're an intermediate, focus on some of the tricky solos and tricky riffs, if you're advanced, focus on the whole solos, hence the songs.

of course easily enough if you don't care about all that sh*t, then by all means, do a whole song!

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
olle92  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have any specific song suggestions here. But my advice to you is to play alot of different music. Even genres you don't normally like. It will help you alot.

GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginnner with basic knoledge of guitars, (strum, slide , Hopo's, bends, chords blah blah blah.)

Lol about the metal, you're right !!!

Actually, i was thinking that i might try out some Tier 1 GH Songs.... It seems like an idea !!

and about teh different genre's, maybe, a mate was telling me about some well known White Stripes song that i can't remember the name of !! I'll try hunting that down !!

Thanks guys !! Gonnna wait for some more replies, see what some other guys think !!
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just so you know, metal is one of the hardest genres of music to play well on guitar. Don't expect to be great at it very quickly. Also, since you're into Dragonforce I'm going to assume that you aspire to play pretty fast. Speed comes with accuracy which comes with practice. Don't play something fast if it ends up sounding like shit. Play slowly but with accuracy. After enough practice, you'll be accurate enough that you can play faster. Don't get ahead of yourself. This isn't Guitar Hero by any means.
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't try to run before you can walk. Get the theory and basics down before you even think about songs.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, go with your chords and theroy and when u get maybe start slowly into easier songs. Just a quick question, are you new to musical insturments (as in piano and etc.)?
EpicPwnager  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the best player, but alot of songs I've found helpful to teach myself were Unholy Confessions (Teaches palm muting, alternate picking, and pinch harmonics). I would also Scream by A7X is great song to learn to help your picking. Oh, and Welcome Home (intro, Coheed and Cambria) and 96 Quite Bitter Beings by CKY (intro) are helpful with sweeping.

For the finger...movements (lolwut) I recommend the intro to YYZ by Rush, and the lead parts to the Deththeme (which I still can't play D: )

Before you get into this stuff though, if you've never played guitar before, are you planning to self teach or get lessons?

If your going to teach yourself and have never plated guitar before, go for the REALLY easy stuff-

Iron Man
Smoke On The Water
Freebird (just the intro. Teaches the G, F, A?, and C chord. Maybe D. Not quite sure. Haven't memorized my chord names or anything)
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only just starting on musical instruments.

I've been looking at some stuff and i'm gonna be taking lessons and teaching myself a little.

I think i'll taking the advice on learning chords (LUL WAT A7X?? & LUUUULL WAT FREEBIRD !!!)
EpicPwnager  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
I'm only just starting on musical instruments.

I've been looking at some stuff and i'm gonna be taking lessons and teaching myself a little.

I think i'll taking the advice on learning chords (LUL WAT A7X?? & LUUUULL WAT FREEBIRD !!!)

Lmao, Unholy Confessions is actually suprisingly easy.
And the beginning of Freebird is just a few chords
If you could play the whole song
You're Jesus.
Majestic122  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Learn power chords
2. Play Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls
3. Profit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a great thread about easy songs a LONG time ago. Yeah, you're new to guitar so you should learn theory, chords, scales, etc... but you need to treat yourself to playing songs now and then or you'll get bored. Anyway, this thread collected a lot of songs, so here it is:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44016
qays1991  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one more thing.

Like a user said here, distortion is cool, but I wanna add, try not to practice with it too much. It'll kinda draw you back from hearing what you're actually you're playing. I suggest either you practice just by using a clean tone, because
1) This would help you to hear what you're actually playing more accurately and
2) You might not agree with me on this, but subconsiously, if you say, practice DAYS FOR DAYS with just distortion until you get the notes right, you'll kinda get bored faster once you can it at full speed, maybe not instantly, but it'll happen, trust me. However, if you first practice on the clean channel, and lets say after 1 MONTH 4 DAYS 3 HOURS 66 SECONDS you finally get the notes right, and you finally insert the distortion channel, I guarantee you're gonna think something along the lines of 'DAMN, IT SOUNDS SO GOOD, AND I'M PLAYING IT CORRECTLY!!'

Heck, better yet, don't even play it trough the amp, just practice without it, which includes the 3rd factor) You won't be bothering anyone and you don't have to put up with people saying 'Turn that fucking amp off!' and also, that satisfaction feeling which I described in the 2nd point, will be MUCH GREATER by practicing without your amp then playing with it.

TRUST ME!

and of course, the most IMPORTANT rule which some people just can't be bothered to be fucked with, either it's arrogance or low tolerance, practice SLOWLY! I suggest you find the speed where you can play it right

Take this analogy, let's say you just started learning how to drive, and you finally got your license, and you bring it to a whopping 200mph and you break all your bones and damage your whole body including your sex organs except for the necessary bones and brain parts to drive. Hence, you should practice at maybe 10mph? Find the speed which you can drive where you definitely won't get into an accident.

I just wanna stress it again: Take the riff/lick/series of notes or a section of song you're practicing, and find the speed where you can play without mistakes, I suggest once you do, practice it even just slighty slower, and then quick up the pace slowly until you can finally shred that guitar as fast as a turtle!

(It sucks that I'll never be able to play my own custom )
DPooch  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always found the opening riff to Evanescence's "Tourniquet" to be really catchy, give that a try.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: