ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Upcoming albums you're looking forward to?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parama  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Upcoming albums you're looking forward to? Reply with quote

I figure one of these threads will probably be useful. Post here about upcoming albums that you're looking forward to.

Would it be a good idea to list them in the OP? I can try to keep track but no promises.

Anyways, albums I'm looking forward to:

Haken - Aquarius
Going to be the studio debut of the band. They released a demo album a year or so back, and it's really, really good. Anyone who's a fan of Dream Theater will definitely like the band, there's a loy of similarities but there's still a lot of originality and creative energy there as well. The album is coming out in January of this year, so it's something to look forward to at the start of the year.

Pain of Salvation - Road Salt (Parts 1 & 2?)
Originally intended to be a double album, though the rumor I've been hearing is that it's going to be split up and released at two separate times in 2010, one in the Spring and one in the Fall. Pain of Salvation is an amazing prog metal band, one of my favorites of all time. All their albums thus far have been great (yes, even their most recent, Scarsick, while not as good as the previous albums, was still a pretty solid album in comparison to a lot of other bands. I mean, it came out the same year as DT's Systematic Chaos... can't get any lower than that, really.) Anyways, it's supposed to have a large 70's influence, so it's going to be something different yet hopefully just as great as masterpieces like The Perfect Element I and Remedy Lane.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new EELS album in just over three weeks... they're one of those bands where I'll just buy anything they release, without question. Except their last album 'cos I've had no money to spare. Chances are I'll download it, and the new one, then buy them when I've got a bit of cash.

Oh yeahhhh, there's a new Liars album on the way too, called Sisterworld. There's one song available on their Myspace (also free to download from the site linked therein), takes a minute and a half to kick in, but when it does... daaaamn.
www.myspace.com/liarsliarsliars

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overkill - Ironbound
I've already heard the album and if you like some quality Thrash, this is the album to get next year. It's better than Immortalis I think which had some solid tunes, but this has a good mix of old school and new.

Anthrax - Worship Music
This is out next year, hopefully sometime before summer. There were some good songs on their last release and now that they have John Bush back, it should make for a good album since I'm hoping they are going faster and harder with this release.

Ozzy - Soul Sucka'
HORRIBLY SHITTY TITLE for the album, but Ozzy let Zakk go and got themselves the guitarist Gus G from Firewind and should hopefully make for an interesting release if Ozzy gives him some say in the sound of the album.
OCEAT  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Ok Go album, Of The Blue Color of the Sky, looks good, if they continue what Oh No started. It might be a little more indie this time around, though, which isn't a problem for me.
I got Cosmic Egg when it was released in October; that had been my big release I was awaiting.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCEAT wrote:
The new Ok Go album, Of The Blue Color of the Sky, looks good, if they continue what Oh No started. It might be a little more indie this time around, though, which isn't a problem for me.

The new single (appropriately titled 'WTF?') sounds like Prince. I couldn't even get through the whole song.

Personally, I'd rather they go back to the first album sound. I still think the first three tracks on the first album (Get Over It, Don't Ask Me and You're So Damn Hot) are the best songs they've ever done... and given they've done nothing I've liked since, the best they'll ever do.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
TheZ116  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally looking foward to the new Vampire Weekend album.

Yep, there's another one.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sandiegodrummer PSN Name: thez116
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziltoid 2, Deconstructed, and Ghost by Devin Townsend.
I am most excited for Ziltoid 2 however.
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANYTHING by Pomplamoose
and Jack Conte
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
ANYTHING by Pomplamoose

Holy fuck, I never expected to see them mentioned on Scorehero.

They really are too lovely for words. And I think I might be a little bit in love with Nataly. I urge everyone to watch this to see why, and hear them turn one of the worst songs in the world into something brilliant.

Never checked out Jack Conte's solo stuff until now, reminds me a bit of Martin Grech at times... which is about the highest compliment I can imagine. Definitely gonna be buying me some of that when I've got some spare cash.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to The Betrayed by lostprophets which comes out in a few weeks. I've been following this band for a long time now, they were one of the first bands to get me into rock music, from that I went on to expand my musical horizons greatly. Great band, awesome guys, and amazing to see live.

I'm also waiting for the third album from Bullet for My Valentine (not sure of the title, or if it has one yet atm) and the long awaited debut of We are the Ocean

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
clawmaster2 wrote:
ANYTHING by Pomplamoose

Holy fuck, I never expected to see them mentioned on Scorehero.

They really are too lovely for words. And I think I might be a little bit in love with Nataly. I urge everyone to watch this to see why, and hear them turn one of the worst songs in the world into something brilliant.

Never checked out Jack Conte's solo stuff until now, reminds me a bit of Martin Grech at times... which is about the highest compliment I can imagine. Definitely gonna be buying me some of that when I've got some spare cash.

Heh, thank Daisy Owl for pointing me in Conte's direction. Which pointed me to Pomplamoose. That rendition of Single Ladies was also brilliant. I'm a sucker for cute girls as well :P
Definitely gotta get some money to get their stuff..
vanrulzz  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clawmaster2 wrote:
ANYTHING by Pomplamoose

:O

other people in the world that like pomplamoose... lolwut awesome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have a name yet, but it's supposedly coming out soon but the My Chemical Romance album is something I'm looking forward too. I love the last 3, they're awesome, and really it's supposed to be different from the first 3, so I remember reading. Since "I Gave You My Bullets, You Gave Me Your Love" was radically different from "Three Cheers" and "The Black Parade", with the about the same with the other two, I think it will be amazing.

Also, on the list would be, the new Blink-182 album, "American Ghetto"(Portugal. The Man), and the new Avenged Sevenfold album.
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Ozzy - Soul Sucka'
HORRIBLY SHITTY TITLE for the album, but Ozzy let Zakk go and got themselves the guitarist Gus G from Firewind and should hopefully make for an interesting release if Ozzy gives him some say in the sound of the album.

My thoughts exactlly.

And on one other note....

THE TBA ATHEIST ALBUM!!! I cannot wait. I just cannot wait and possibly cant think of a better way to put it.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolishit put out LOLI JUICE already so that crossed off the album I wanted the most. Runner ups included Atheist's TBA album and Anthrax's Worship Music.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: