ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Upcoming albums you're looking forward to?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow: They have a prequel album coming out early 2010. Claudio says that it's their best stuff ever, and it'll be interesting to hear their new drummer (he's pretty sick). Also, the special edition of the album is going to come with a full fledged novel in the Coheed universe. This is my most anticipated album coming out next year.

Aloud - Unnamed Full Album: This is one of my favorite bands, the only reason it's not my most anticipated is because they've said it's a relatively large departure from their previous 2 albums. This tends to worry me as I absolutely love their sound on the first two albums.

The Material - Unnamed Full Album: This is another great independent band that's said their new album features a different sound. This is good as while I love their currently released music, their last ep was a little too poppy. Supposedly they're moving away from the Paramore type sound to something more metal/rock.

Lights Resolve - Unnamed Full Album: Another great band working on their first full album. They're on the verge of great things, and the two singles they've released sound amazing (one of them was recently a free download in Rock Band).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations by MGMT. I have 1,000+ plays from 1 1/2 albums alone :|
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time - Wintersun

As far as I'm concerned Wintersun's self titled album was one of the greatest metal albums in existence. Jari is an absolute genius. And between technical difficulties and drug rehab, this album is over 3 years late. From what is sounds like though, it's going to be even better than his first.

Quote:
As of the commencement of recording, Jari Mäenpää has stated that the album length runs over 65 minutes, and it will be a concept album.[1] Furthermore, according to Mäenpää, the album's sound will be highly intricate. Each song is said to contain about 200 tracks.[1] The album's complexity is one of the main reasons for its slow production process. As of April 2007, drums, bass and all the guitars have been recorded. Kai Hahto has recently stated on the official site that due to studio intervention, progress is being made, but has also announced that they will not be giving any more release dates at this time, so as not to disappoint fans if they are not met.

No one can tell me that doesn't sound, for lack of a better word, epic.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely Bullet For My Valentine's 3rd album.

...Thats about all.

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't look this stuff up. There are just too many bands I would buy a CD from. :/

That said, the new Dillinger Escape Plan and Circle Takes the Square albums will probably be day one purchases.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm excited for Motion City Soundtrack's My Dinosaur Life coming out in a few weeks. there's a couple songs up on their website already, sounds pretty cool. also the new My Chemical Romance, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and Shout Out Louds. Also Blur are still planning on releasing their new album this year, but who knows how that'll turn out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm excited for Motion City Soundtrack's My Dinosaur Life coming out in a few weeks. there's a couple songs up on their website already, sounds pretty cool. also the new My Chemical Romance, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and Shout Out Louds. Also Blur are still planning on releasing their new album this year, but who knows how that'll turn out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
and it'll be interesting to hear their new drummer (he's pretty sick).

Yeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZncEPhWUDsw

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Ninmi  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately Corgans new pumpkins project Teargarden by Kaleidyscope. The plan is to release 11 EPs consisting of 44 tracks in the next 3 years or so, one song at a time. And all for free :P. The first song "Song for a Son" is already released and I thougth it sounds allright. Hopefully it'll get even better later on.
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeTalkPretty - Unnamed Full Album: Another indie band I follow just announced that they're done tracking their debut album (after two awesome eps). The band is pretty sick, and I love the sound of the female lead singer. She's from Romania which gives her an interesting tonality and accent in her English singing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a whole lot coming out that im really excited for other than testaments new cd
i guess slash's new solo album should be interesting
uLtRasHoT  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...here's what I'm looking forward to in the future:

Metallica's 10th studio album

After listening to Death Magnetic, I was thrilled (and glad) that Metallica went back to their famous style of hard rock/thrash metal. If they could make their music a bit more unique on their next studio album, then that would be awesome! Hopefully Metallica will have their eyes set on making a album soon!

I am also interested in future albums from AC/DC, Megadeth, The Offspring, Judas Priest, etc. I can't really remember any of them announcing new albums just yet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Ghetto by Portugal. The Man. They're pretty much my favorite band, so yeah. Their releases keep getting better. Apparently the album has been played in full live already. The jealously I have of the people at those events kills me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After saying there would be 2 new albums this year, a cover album and a DVD was released so hopefully Reel Big Fish will get a new album out this year. I've seen pictures on Twitter that look like they are recording, so Iwill wait.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the New DEP album. Hearing Farewell, Mona Lisa made me quite excited.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next Living End album.

I'm anticipating this album not only because The Living End are my all time favourite band, but there is a song that was said to be saved for the next album because it was too good to be a Bside and it didn't fit in White Noise. That song is entitled Rats, in which was played a hand full of times in secret gigs through out Melbourne in Feb 08. The album is expected to come out at the end of next year, if not, at the start of 2011.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: