Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Buckethead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites is The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock. The first song, being Thai Fighter Swarm, might put some people off, but it's a cool album. Baseball Furies, Final Wars, the four part song Lurker at the Threshold, Oakridge Cake, and Gigan are all pretty sweet. Peppers Ghost is also a pretty cool one. I recommend both of those albums. And maybe Cuckoo Clocks of Hell if you're into crazy metal that likes to change to weird parts a lot lol.

I like most of the albums Bucket puts out, just sometimes he makes those noise/messing around albums that just aren't that great. Most of Bolt On Neck, Needle in the Slunk Stack, Cyborg Slunks, etc. Though at least he makes a lot more good albums than bad ones.

kslater22  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna have to say my favorite buckethead album is population override. its such a cool album, it really shows that he is an incredibly talented guitarist and its also a lot different from his other stuff

i also recomend in search of the. its a thirteen part thing and its so good, you wont be able to buy it anywhere only a few copies were made you can download it fairly easily
really cool thing about in search of the. is that he actually drew the covers for each individual cd, thats why there is so few copies available
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesus christ how many albums does he have?

btw nottingham lace = favorite song =)
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead_discography

28 studio albums

Including guest appearances and compilations albums he totals 99. I'm pretty sure he just records everything he does

How could I have forgotten to mention Nottingham Lace too. Definitely one of my favorites too.
AzZ  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Buckethead is one of those artists that is just so God damn awesome no matter your taste in music. His musical style varies to the point where almost anybody can listen to one of his songs and have a good chance of enjoying it.

I really should get more into Buckethead, seeing as the only songs of his that I've heard are Jordan (obviously), Soothsayer, Braingate and Final Wars.
Definitely need to get some more of his songs. Electric Tears sounds like a quintessential Buckethead song/album, and I feel kind of guilty for not having it.

Also, I think he should keep the mask, seeing as he's had it for so long he simply wouldn't be Buckethead without it.

Electric Tears and Colma are amazing, but I agree with the other guys, listen to his heavier stuff first.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kslater22 wrote:
im gonna have to say my favorite buckethead album is population override. its such a cool album, it really shows that he is an incredibly talented guitarist and its also a lot different from his other stuff

i also recomend in search of the. its a thirteen part thing and its so good, you wont be able to buy it anywhere only a few copies were made you can download it fairly easily
really cool thing about in search of the. is that he actually drew the covers for each individual cd, thats why there is so few copies available

NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't download In Search of The! The first 999 copies were hand drawn and sold for $200. The generic version is available for $100 here: http://travisdickersonmusic.com/store/buckethead_catalog.html

I don't have the set but people who own it don't recommend it to new fans because it has a lot of experimental stuff.

Fugitive wrote:
Southparkhero wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead_discography

28 studio albums

Including guest appearances and compilations albums he totals 99. I'm pretty sure he just records everything he does

He doesn't record everything he does. The albums "From The Coop" and "Acoustic Shards" have stuff that was unreleased for up to 20 years. Funnel Weaver is an album full of 49 songs that never made it to a regular album. Jordan has been recorded but never released on an album (except for GH2). There are other unreleased songs like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1KyrsyCxQ and the "Love Song for the Dead" in Young Buckethead.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't have the set but people who own it don't recommend it to new fans because it has a lot of experimental stuff.

personally i think its great, there is a lot of different kinds of songs, it pretty much sums up all of his music, it has everything. id recomend it to new buckethead fans
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing an emotionless mask playing such incredibly expressive music is something I wouldn't trade for anything ever.
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though, the mask changes from time to time! It's the lighting, but I swear it's like it's moving or changing expressions!

But yes, Buckethead is an insanely huge influence on my work in Bluefusion, and he's one of my favorite guitar players of all time! You can especially hear the Bucket influence in Thirteen and Android Anarchy, I think. Potentially Lost in the Dusk too, but only near the end.

My favorite Buckethead album, which I have signed, by the way, is Anatomize by a Thanatopsis, I Think. =) Bucket's jazzy playing mixed with the epic keys and drums, brilliant <3 I'm glad there are lots of fellow bots over here on SH.

RIP RBN
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really shouldn't have bought Giant Robot as my first Buckethead album today, because a lot of the talking I find annoying, though I Come In Peace and Onions Unleashed were pretty funny, Post Office Buddy freaked the shit out of me.

Oh well, I still have 10$ on iTunes to spend, does anyone want to reccomend some single songs for me? (besides Jordan, Soothsayer, and Nottingham Lace)

Last edited by B-Fuzz on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like random sound clips and stuff you won't like much of Buckethead's early work.

I personally love it.
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
I really shouldn't have bought Giant Robot as my first Buckethead album today, because a lot of the talking I find annoying, though I Come In Peace and Onions Unleashed were pretty funny, Post Office Buddy freaked the shit out of me.

Oh well, I still have 10$ on iTunes to spend, does anyone want to reccomend some single songs for me?

-Siege Engine
-Nottingham Lace
-Soothsayer
-Spider Crawl
-Nun Chuka Kata (nvm, that's on Monsters and Robots)
-Padmasana
-Watching Boats with my Dad
-Whitewash
-King James
-The Redeem Team
-Stretching Lighthouse
-Spell of the Gypsies
-Jordan
-Welcome to Bucketheadland
-I Love My Parents
-For Mom (Early Version)

give each of those a listen on YouTube first. They're my favorites at least. More standard works of his too. None of those contain talking (minus Welcome, but that has guitar over it the whole time) and creepy shit.

EDIT: Nice squeezing in your edit there so I recommend three songs you ask me not to.
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I second King James, and Siege Engine. But if it's on there, I suggest checking out more of the Thanatopsis stuff, it's all instrumental jazzy awesomeness <3 Vitreous Humor is one of the catchiest songs I know!

RIP RBN
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've heard Welcome, as it's on Giant Robot, and it's pretty cool (besides the centipede woman crap at the end which also creeps the shit out of me ), and I'll give those others a listen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
B-Fuzz wrote:

Oh well, I still have 10$ on iTunes to spend, does anyone want to reccomend some single songs for me?

-Siege Engine
-Nottingham Lace
-Soothsayer
-Spider Crawl
-Nun Chuka Kata (nvm, that's on Monsters and Robots)
-Padmasana
-Watching Boats with my Dad
-Whitewash
-King James
-The Redeem Team
-Stretching Lighthouse
-Spell of the Gypsies
-Jordan
-Welcome to Bucketheadland
-I Love My Parents
-For Mom (Early Version)

give each of those a listen on YouTube first. They're my favorites at least. More standard works of his too. None of those contain talking (minus Welcome, but that has guitar over it the whole time) and creepy shit.

EDIT: Nice squeezing in your edit there so I recommend three songs you ask me not to.
All of those songs are great! But I would also like to add onto this list.

-Gigan
-Gorey Head Stump 2006: Pageant of the Slunks
-Night of the Slunk
-Binge and Grab
-Imprint
-Bedlam's Bluff (This is a weird one from Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, but it's heavy parts are BAD ASS.)
-Baseball Furies
-Mad Monster Party
-The Brain and the Chariot (Not much guitar in this, but I don't see how anyone can hate this song. It's like you have to head-bob to this.)

There's plenty more that are awesome, but these are all that come up off the top of my head at the moment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: