Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Buckethead
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenjiHero7  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Buckethead Reply with quote

Unarguably a very talented guitar player. The image he has made for himself (or hasn't, I guess!) in my opinion makes his shows alot more interesting. I'm finding people that don't like the fact that he isn't a "normal" performer, obviously because of his bucket/background story etc.

I'd like to discuss that and any other topic of interest concerning Buckethead. Would you prefer him to reveal himself and continue on with his career or have it remain as is? Discuss.
Cheeseball  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd honestly like him to remain this way. He just is so cool. He can wear a bucket and a Micheal Myers(spelling) mask and still rock, so I say, keep it up!

RaNdOmK1d94  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the whole secrecy behind the mask and how he makes stories in his songs adds a real mystery to him, and makes him standout.

PS3 Trophies | Addicted to Call of Duty!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: RaNdOmK1d94
karatechess  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the mask and bucket, definitely. It's like Wilson on that Tim Allen show "Home Improvement." Without the running gag about not being able to see his whole face makes him a more interesting character instead of being just another witty neighbor.

Also, I went on a giant Buckethead spree lately and downloaded about 7 albums. My favorite would probably have to be "Crime Slunk Scene." Any thought on your favorite?
Cheeseball  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Albino Slug. It's a cool album.

vanrulzz  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monsters and Robots is my fave, but Albino Slug comes close

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electric Tears is probably my favorite overall album. It speaks to me the way few albums can. That said, I love his other stuff almost as much. Albino Slug is brilliant, and I could pick out various songs on pretty much every album that I love.
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckethead is one of those artists that is just so God damn awesome no matter your taste in music. His musical style varies to the point where almost anybody can listen to one of his songs and have a good chance of enjoying it.

I really should get more into Buckethead, seeing as the only songs of his that I've heard are Jordan (obviously), Soothsayer, Braingate and Final Wars.
Definitely need to get some more of his songs. Electric Tears sounds like a quintessential Buckethead song/album, and I feel kind of guilty for not having it.

Also, I think he should keep the mask, seeing as he's had it for so long he simply wouldn't be Buckethead without it.
dclapp  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he should remain the way he is because that's what made him stand out in the first place. His talent and image are based off his apperance.

blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! I saw him in August at the Gothic Theatre. I own 16 of his solo albums plus Octave of the Holy Innocents and The Dragons of Eden. I've been waiting 7 months for the new tour songs to appear on an album. I hope the next one comes out in January and has those new songs instead of being another Follies album.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:

Definitely need to get some more of his songs. Electric Tears sounds like a quintessential Buckethead song/album, and I feel kind of guilty for not having it.

Don't get Electric Tears as your first Buckethead album. It's his softer stuff, so you probably won't appreciate it as much as if you've heard Monsters and Robots or Enter the Chicken first.

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

Don't get Electric Tears as your first Buckethead album. It's his softer stuff, so you probably won't appreciate it as much as if you've heard Monsters and Robots or Enter the Chicken first.

THIS

But, if you like Electric Tears, you should definitely go for Colma and Acoustic Shards next. I don't think Albino Slug would be a bad first album to start out with either, or even possibly Crime Slunk Scene. In fact, I recommend all these albums eventually, order isn't necessarily that important, but I do agree that Electric Tears should not be your first. It's VERY mellow, and actually evokes a lot of emotion. I don't know that you could fully appreciate it without hearing some of this other work first.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

THIS

But, if you like Electric Tears, you should definitely go for Colma and Acoustic Shards next. I don't think Albino Slug would be a bad first album to start out with either, or even possibly Crime Slunk Scene. In fact, I recommend all these albums eventually, order isn't necessarily that important, but I do agree that Electric Tears should not be your first. It's VERY mellow, and actually evokes a lot of emotion. I don't know that you could fully appreciate it without hearing some of this other work first.

I don't know about starting with Crime Slunk Scene. It is full of high pitched guitar that could annoy a lot of people. I don't have Albino Slug but I heard it has some crazy songs.

A Real Diamond in the Rough might be a good first. It's pretty mellow but it has some more rockin' and funkin' songs.

My favorite album is definately Inbred Mountain but it takes many listens to start enjoying it. It's just a masterpiece.

I'd recommend Giant Robot if you're okay with voice samples. It has so many classics like Binge and Grab, I Love my Parents, and Want Some Slaw.

Actually, there aren't really any albums that are "Good First Albums". It really depends on the listener's tastes. To some people, Electric Tears might be a good introduction. For others, Cuckoo Clocks of Hell could be a good first album.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant the song Electric Tears, not the album. I don't know Buckethead well enough to buy a full album, but I listened to Electric Tears (song) today and I just got an urge to buy the song. A full album is a little far-fetched right now but I really should get some more of his songs in the meantime.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
I meant the song Electric Tears, not the album. I don't know Buckethead well enough to buy a full album, but I listened to Electric Tears (song) today and I just got an urge to buy the song. A full album is a little far-fetched right now but I really should get some more of his songs in the meantime.

The rest of the album isn't quite as mellow as "Electric Tears" but they're still pretty darn mellow. You're going to be collecting all of the albums in no time!

When you start, here's the website to buy from: http://tdrsmusic.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: