Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Between the Buried and Me
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought Paralax II, second album of BTBAM I own (after colours). Have a little bit of THC still lingering in me from about an hour ago and this album is so good.

After these 2 albums, what would be the next best in terms of melodicness?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatsausage wrote:

TGM
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ TGM is undoubtedly in terms of prog and melody BtBaM's second best album behind Parallax 2.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatsausage wrote:
Just bought Paralax II, second album of BTBAM I own (after colours). Have a little bit of THC still lingering in me from about an hour ago and this album is so good.

I will be in a similar state later tonight. Glad to hear this is worth checking out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fffffffffff double post

Last edited by Yusuke on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So apparently at the BTBAM/Coheed show in San Diego, Adam Fisher from Fear Before heard they had been playing Ants of the Sky/Prequel to the Sequel during their sets on this tour.

So he showed up and did the guest vocals for Prequel. This is the second time this has happened since Colors was released.

And they closed with Selkies.

AND I WAS FUCKING FRONT RAIL.

HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw them feb 17th, damn amazing show. They sounded exactly like the album. And seeing Paul sweeping through Selkies and AoTS was amazing. I loved the hoe down. Flawless performance all around.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them last night, the last day of their tour, and it was amazing. They were all dressed up for the Radio City Music Hall. XD

The setlist was:
Astral Body
Lay Your Ghosts to Rest
Ants of the Sky
Prequel to the Sequel
Extremophile Elite
Selkies: The Endless Obsession

I wish they did something from Silent Circus or S/T, but overall it was AMAZING.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't know you were there. I saw them on Thursday in Boston, then again on Saturday in NYC. Same setlist. I was hoping for a song from TGM, but no complaints.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I also saw them March 1st. Same set as HellAshes I believe.

It's weird leaving the ScoreHero bubble, because everyone at the Austin show standing around us was like "who is this band?" and I had to tell them who they were and what songs were playing. Pretty weird, since as far as this thread goes I'm not a gigantic fan. Truthfully I went for Coheed (which was also AMAZING... Afterman is probably my favorite album by them now), but BTBAM was still quite enjoyable.

I'm definitely enjoying the newer album though, I think Astral Body is the best song

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
CamelTower  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've posted in this thread before, but I have been listening to BTBAM for the last few months, on and off usually while studying. I honestly can't get into Parallax 2, I don't know why I don't like it that much. It's not like I don't like the band, I love Colors and Alaska, and enjoy Silent Circus/Misdirect... I see everyone raving about the newest album and I'm left feeling as if there's something wrong with me for not liking it more and more after listening to it for longer. Perhaps it will click with me eventually.
NU Grad 2015
Knux2007  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them on the Thursday show at the House of Blues. This was my third time seeing them, and I think this was just as if not better than 2011! I loved the setlist (would've been perfect with something from Silent Circus [...Mordecai]), and they played with so much energy and enthusiasm compared to the other shows.

Best RB3 Bass FC so far: Antibodies Bass(7/83)
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamelTower wrote:
I don't think I've posted in this thread before, but I have been listening to BTBAM for the last few months, on and off usually while studying. I honestly can't get into Parallax 2, I don't know why I don't like it that much. It's not like I don't like the band, I love Colors and Alaska, and enjoy Silent Circus/Misdirect... I see everyone raving about the newest album and I'm left feeling as if there's something wrong with me for not liking it more and more after listening to it for longer. Perhaps it will click with me eventually.

This post is a few months old, but I feel the same way. The first two albums were forgettable outside of a few songs. Alaska and Colors were both really great. TGM was "eh". I actually like Parallax 1 quite a bit, but I'm not a fan of Parallax 2. Although I do admit I feel kind of burnt out on BTBAM. I used to think they were absolutely amazing but now I just think they're good.

Oh, and they announced a huge fall tour recently, anybody going to that? They're playing Parallax 2 in full.

HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be seeing them October 18th. I'm also a very big fan of Faceless and Safety Fire so this should be an awesome AWESOME show for me.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
omerta.bcp24  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so psyched to see BTBAM, Faceless, and The Contortionist in one show, holy shit. Still waiting on my chance to see Vildhjarta, and even Meshuggah...damn, come over to the US please, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: