ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Chickenfoot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fugitive  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Chickenfoot Reply with quote

Well, this Christmas my brother got me Chickenfoot's album. After, just before opening Hospice (probably my favorite all time album), I have to say I was intensely disappointed. I don't think I've ever heard a good super group... they all just kind of suck...

Ugh, I don't even want to get started on this band. This album and this band are just horrible. I can barely listen to it. It's like horrible 80s pop/rock/shit. I mean, I thought Satch could at least redeem them, but the solos are either really short, pretty simple (not technical like Satch's usual work) or nonexistent. They just don't do it for me.

Does anyone actually like this group? And even if you don't, what are you thoughts on this band? And super groups in general?
Uunoftw  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the lineup I was like :o. Then I heard a song and went like :|. Then I looked at the lyrics and cried (no, not really).
The songwriting is beyond poor and instrumentally it's nothing special.
I'll just stick to my Satch albums.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 0756262955296727
Venge  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Them Crooked Vultures, this super-group is really just a backing band for one of the members and the others are there for name recognition. This might as well be a Sammy Hager album titled "Chickenfoot." If you don't like him, but are interested in one of the others--especially Satch--pretend like you didn't hear about this and move along, move along.

I actually do like them, but only three songs are getting space on my music player. And they're not likely to stay there long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: