Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RIP The Rev
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniel192  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold, but it is always bad to see such young and inspiring musicians die.
R.I.P.
diddin  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well apparently, he had some kind of bad heart condition and his heart just gave out. RIP Jimmy, he was the most talented member of A7X by far and I'll definitely be making a tribute vid later.
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJackpotter wrote:
It seems that every good musician dies before 65:
Kurt Cobain, Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Cliff Burton, Michael Jackson and now Jimmy Sullivan!
Goddamn motherfucking bullshitty cocksucking double anal shit! (Sorry for the nonsense swearing, but i just feel sad and frustrated!)

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The before 65 part, or comparing The Rev to any of those legends...

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyewin8 wrote:
TheJackpotter wrote:
Kurt Cobain, Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Cliff Burton, Michael Jackson and now Jimmy Sullivan!
Goddamn motherfucking bullshitty cocksucking double anal shit! (Sorry for the nonsense swearing, but i just feel sad and frustrated!)

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The before 65 part, or comparing The Rev to any of those legends...

Every musician mentioned in that post died before age 65. Sounds pretty straightforward.
ZekeKatana  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avenged Sevenfold was a good band and I'd hate to see them breakup, but I honestly can't see them without The Rev. When I went to see them live, The Rev was always energetic and brought life to the stage.
(- '.'- ) This is Bunny. Copy and paste into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

LunchB0X-SuPreMe  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fugitive wrote:
A7X is a guilty pleasure of mine. I get heat from some of my friends for liking this band, but I like what I like. Really a shame he went.

Natural causes at 28 though? My money is on some kind of drug OD. What do you guys think?

yup, usually natural causes is a medical term for Cardiac arrest, which means Cocaine

b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 is the shittiest year of all time, billy mays, michael jackson, two of my grandparents, and now the rev?! This sucks so much the rev is one of my favorite drummers, and it hurts even more knowing that, i was in his prescence less than a year ago. I am just terrified that a7x won't try, or be able to find a replacement for him. I had been working for the past 8 hours and at all hours of the work day i've had the rev's extraordinary drumming in my head. I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't like avenged sevenfold, i just want to thank those of you who are at least showing their condolensces to the band, the rev's friends and family and us fans of a7x, thank you for being respectful.

you will be missed

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
FlawedByDesign  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZekeKatana wrote:
Avenged Sevenfold was a good band and I'd hate to see them breakup, but I honestly can't see them without The Rev. When I went to see them live, The Rev was always energetic and brought life to the stage.

I don't think anyone can ever replace him, but I'm sure they'll find someone they work well with who will keep the spirit of A7X's music alive.
I'm really sad that I never got to see them live, but I agree with you -- even if you just watch some videos on YouTube featuring Jimmy, it's clear that he was an energetic, lively, positive guy who just liked to have fun and make people laugh, even at his own expense.

RIP Jimmy Sullivan. We'll miss you. D:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
eyewin8 wrote:
TheJackpotter wrote:

Every musician mentioned in that post died before age 65. Sounds pretty straightforward.

You obviously don't realize that millions of people die before the age of 65. He could have used a younger age than that. 65 is pretty old...

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
Moneybags137  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
2009 is the shittiest year of all time, billy mays, michael jackson, two of my grandparents, and now the rev?! This sucks so much the rev is one of my favorite drummers, and it hurts even more knowing that, i was in his prescence less than a year ago. I am just terrified that a7x won't try, or be able to find a replacement for him. I had been working for the past 8 hours and at all hours of the work day i've had the rev's extraordinary drumming in my head. I know that there are a lot of people out there who don't like avenged sevenfold, i just want to thank those of you who are at least showing their condolensces to the band, the rev's friends and family and us fans of a7x, thank you for being respectful.

you will be missed
And many more respectable/famous people died. And many bad things have happened. But that's off topic.

On topic. I always wanted to see them live but I never could. Now if I go it just won't be the same. The music that they made will help me and maybe everyone remember him all the better. The Rev is going to be missed by everyone and he was one of the best drummers in my eyes. Very sad to see him go. It will be hard to find a replacement that was as awesome as he was. R.I.P Jimmy

My Acc
Total Fcs [86] Latest: [Same Old Song and Dance]
Best(In terms of the Fc list): The Seeker
El jefe[4-7-09]
The log[4-10-09]
[51/70] FGFC GH3H
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: moneybags137
virascore  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZekeKatana wrote:

A7X was the first band I wanted to see live... but it won't be the same sho without the Rev.

R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, 12/28/09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Xx V1R4 xX
pezboy715  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJackpotter wrote:

Let us not forget John Bonham, Randy Rhoads, Keith Moon, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Holly, and John Entwistle.

I always wanted to see these guys live, and I'm absolutely crushed that I never will get to with the Rev present..........

The Rev is one of my greatest drumming influences, and he will ALWAYS be a part of my drumming repertoire for the rest of my life, and I WILL pass his legacy on to anyone I can influence just as I would any of the other greats mentioned above.

RIP James "The Rev" Sullivan - Many, including I, have no shame in admitting that tears have been shed in the news of your passing, and your legacy WILL live on.

Rock your ass off in the Afterlife for each and every one of your loyal fans.

akira50000 wrote:
lots of other drummers have a different drumming style, they may seem unorthodox. Such as the drummer for Rush, and other various bands, perfect example is Led Zeppelin. They're drummer lost one of his arms in a car crash after making the first album, and he went on drumming with just one arm.

RIP James "The Rev" Sullivan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: pezboy715
TheJackpotter  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I think it would be right, but:
If Metallica replaced their bassist and Alice in Chains and AC/DC replaced their vocalist, why can't A7X replace The Rev too?
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJackpotter wrote:
It's not that I think it would be right, but:
If Metallica replaced their bassist and Alice in Chains and AC/DC replaced their vocalist, why can't A7X replace The Rev too?

lets face it, its a lot harder to find a replacement drummer than a bassist for a metal band (if you want to consider a7x metal or not doesn't really matter), and a vocalists voice can be imitated or just straight up replaced by someone with a better voice.

in all seriousness, who could be a replacement for the rev?!

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
lets face it, its a lot harder to find a replacement drummer than a bassist for a metal band ... and a vocalists voice can be imitated or just straight up replaced by someone with a better voice.[/quote]

This is somewhat true for a bassist, but even a vocalist can be really hard to replace. In many ways, the vocals are what define bands (outside of genera where vocals seem to be an afterthought, like black metal or something). Even though M. Shadows' voice can, at times, leave a lot to be desired, they just wouldn't be the same with a new vocalist. I'd say it's easier to find a new drummer, unless the original drummer was incredibly unique, such as Neil Peart. If need be, I believe AX7 could find a replacement drummer.

Moving on, I mourn the loss of a fantastic drummer. I can understand if people don't like the band, but I don't get how they can deny the technical skills (not even the creative, purely technical) of the Rev and Synyster Gates. Anyone whose ever played Afterlife in RB2 should know this (at least for Gates). I've heard people say it's a shame they've lost "their only skilled member". It pisses me off.

But I digress. I hope his death wasn't brought on by drug habits or any foul play, but all we can do is wait and see the results of the autopsy.

Rest in peace, Jimmy Sullivan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: