ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tuesday's Gone Fill (You Know Which One)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Tuesday's Gone Fill (You Know Which One) Reply with quote

This fill is the only hard part of the song aside from the length. And of course, it's at the very end. This is how I hit it, and I can FC it 9/10 times now.

The setup:

You may be wondering why I want a green pad right next to the red. Well, this is how the fill is charted on RB (O is bass).

Normally this would involve a TON of shifting from left to right with your left hand. But with the green cymbal right next to the red pad, I just cover the greens and reds with my left and and blues with my right. The sticking is as such (Remember, all greens are hit on the cymbal during this fill, so it is NOT a crossover.)

L B L L B R L B R R L L L B
(B is for both hands, of course; I left the foot out because it should be obvious where you use your foot)

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hurts my head.
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... This was the exact place I choked at on my almost FC run. Though I dunno how to do that with a stock GHWT kit... >_>.

Is there an easy way to do that fill on a stock GHWT kit?

ace5993  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RndmPrsnViola95 wrote:
Ugh... This was the exact place I choked at on my almost FC run. Though I dunno how to do that with a stock GHWT kit... >_>.

I don't think you can call it a choke when it's the only remotely difficult part of the song >_>
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8.25 NPS seems like it'd be best to try it with only L hand on the roll, and the R doing the cymbals. It's about the speed of all the hard songs on RB if I'm not mistaking that are like that part.

Or if there's trouble trying it straight lefts, during the blue part cross over to hit the red with R

Chart May be useful to see these methods with correct freticons.

Also, this is the same speed as just about everything in Demon(s), so I know personally this is what I'd try first.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'll give that a try with my cymbal, seems to make it alot easier.

I used to crossover from green to red with my left hand which didnt really work out, thanks for the tip!

And that kit looks pretty awesome with the double bass /jealous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toodooloo wrote:
And that kit looks pretty awesome with the double bass /jealous

Thanks, but I wouldn't be jealous if I were you. My homemade bass "drums" (Remo practice pads screwed onto a wooden frame) are falling apart. The one on the left used to be my main one, but I cracked the vertical wooden plank from general wear and tear. Also, to use double bass I have a Twin Rocker. It sucks. It's okay for speeds around Dyer's Eve and whatnot, but certainly not good enough for many X+ charts. Also, after about 30 minutes of use or so, it will start to register double hits for no reason.

Side note:
I switched away from my cell phone (finally) for screen shots. I'm using my new iPod Nano's video feature and just taking print screens of the video. I accidentally left the picture in PNG format though, so it ends up being a huge file for a relatively small picture. Better remember to convert it to a JPEG next time.

ccmoose  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but they were completely unrelated topics.

RndmPrsnViola95 wrote:
Is there an easy way to do that fill on a stock GHWT kit?

Well, this is how I would do it because the R and B pad are right next to each other and you can't shift the cymbals or pads around. I wouldn't want to attempt a "sweep" from a cymbal to a pad just because of the spacing. The dots are for spacing, so disregard them, and B means both hands. I didn't put bass in because there is no purple freticon that I know of, and the bass drum is pretty obvious for this fill.

L B L L. B L L B L. L L L L B

If you can't sustain the triplets for that long with your left hand but you feel comfortable jumping from the red bad to the orange cymbal quickly, you could always try this.

R B L R B L R. B L R L R L B

This may seem crazy, but it actually is a pretty natural feel to me. Try it out on slow first of course.

Toodooloo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ccmoose"]
Toodooloo wrote:
Also, to use double bass I have a Twin Rocker. It sucks. It's okay for speeds around Dyer's Eve and whatnot, but certainly not good enough for many X+ charts. Also, after about 30 minutes of use or so, it will start to register double hits for no reason.

So, would you suggest a kickbox+2 real e-drum pedals as a double bass setup instead of the twin rocker then?

I've been thinking about getting the twin rocker because ordering a kickbox from the US, buying 2 real pedals and a beater will cost way too much.

Or I could just get a single Rock Pedal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bump that thread : I remembered this one one hour ago and decided to try to FC this fill on a WT kit. I got it first try, this is easy, you just have to play all the R's and B's wih L and the cymbals with R.

Did it on vid :

Cool

Hope this'll help people to FC it. I'll maybe try to get the 1st 5 column FC of the song x)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who can't hit the fill by playing all red/blue notes with their left hand and is still looking for a reliable sticking method... here's mine:

LBRLBR.LBRRLRLB (B=both hands)

I've found this to be quite intuitive (3 x LBR), after I put some practise into it. Hope this helps
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: