Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Unofficial Lady Gaga Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't listen to pop at all but I love me some Lady Gaga. It's just so damn catchy. I haven't listened to a full album yet, but I'd like to. There are already several songs by her I like.

Also I'd hit it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomsars wrote:
Also I'd hit it.

So you like little dicks?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:
But images of all her stupid outfits, particularly the Kermit thing, are still burned into my mind so I can't quite get over the fact that she's also an idiot. That said, performer stupidity never stopped me liking music before, so I might as well roll with it.

Ok, so she's dumb because of her taste in dress and her decision to be interesting and showy at performances. Gotcha.

That said, I don't think you'll ever be able to really get her with that attitude that you have to shut her performance style off from her recorded, produced music. See: the music videos, statements she makes about the music and her shenanigans. You have to take this all as a whole if you want to understand anything that's she's doing.

It's more about the fact that the flamboyant style and performance stuff overshadows the music. It shouldn't be like that, for anyone, ever, no exceptions.

Like I said in the bit you conveniently decided to get rid of from that quote: the more I hear of her music, the more I'm convinced she's really good... which is exactly why it's a shame that it's secondary to the other stupidity that she insists on pushing. That's also why it's lucky that music isn't a visual medium and I can listen to it without having to deal with all that nonsense.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:

Like I said in the bit you conveniently decided to get rid of from that quote:

It's great that you like her music, but I took that out because I was talking about something else.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
It's more about the fact that the flamboyant style and performance stuff overshadows the music. It shouldn't be like that, for anyone, ever, no exceptions.

Like I said in the bit you conveniently decided to get rid of from that quote: the more I hear of her music, the more I'm convinced she's really good... which is exactly why it's a shame that it's secondary to the other stupidity that she insists on pushing. That's also why it's lucky that music isn't a visual medium and I can listen to it without having to deal with all that nonsense.

I can see why some people may be turned off from her because of her flamboyant style... but have you read any quotes from her? Do you know much about her other than the silly outfits she wears in pictures? She doesn't take herself seriously in the slightest. She's quite literally a real life troll. I find her style hilarious, as does she. People who get up in arms over it further enhance the hilarity (and no I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the people who are practically offended by her existence).

I'd take a flamboyant character with a good voice than another same-old same-old pop star clone again. She gets bonus points from me for at least being different. All I'm gonna say is that the woman has to be a genius... or just crazy. Apparently she's written songs in like 10 minutes, not to mention that only some really creative mind could come up with the artsy shit in her videos that she wears. I just find her fascinating, and half of the fun is the style and art of performance and such. IMO, music is an art that is even better when it goes hand in hand with other art mediums such as dance, fashion, etc... it just enhances the experience for me. Otherwise people would just go to concerts and listen to the band play behind a curtain. :P

Personally, I find Lady Gaga fantastic. If you haven't already, go buy The Fame Monster (the one that has The Fame on it as well). If you regret it, you can blame it all on me.

Like her or hate her, her catchy songs, crazy style and mystery penis are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I can see why some people may be turned off from her because of her flamboyant style... but have you read any quotes from her? Do you know much about her other than the silly outfits she wears in pictures? She doesn't take herself seriously in the slightest. She's quite literally a real life troll. I find her style hilarious, as does she. People who get up in arms over it further enhance the hilarity (and no I'm not referring to you, I'm referring to the people who are practically offended by her existence).

I'd take a flamboyant character with a good voice than another same old same old pop star clone again. She gets bonus points from me for at least being different.

All I'm gonna say is that the woman has to be a genius... or just crazy. Apparently she's written songs in like 10 minutes, not to mention that only some really creative mind could come up with the crazy artsy shit in her videos that she wears.

Like her or hate her, her catchy songs, crazy style and mystery penis are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

Ooh, man I was waiting for someone to mention that. This is exactly why I love her antics. It's totally different from lots of other pop stars out there, so why not go along with it. It's real fun to sit back and watch the people who fuss over her shit :P
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we discussed her in music today.

Personally I love Lady GaGa, but we discussed how she changes her image so well....TOO well. She may run out of "images" in the future "considering she has a new one EVERY MONTH) and just die out.

Hey guys, which artist do we know today is the only person to have all songs on one of her albums hit #1 on the billboard charts? We know her as someone different today, Paula Abdul. What happened to her? Couldn't change her image enough, so eventually she just died out.

However we may see Lady GaGa making amazing hits in the next 10 years, she may not even exist in the next 2 years, due to changing her image too much. Thoughts?
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
half of the fun is the style and art of performance and such. IMO, music is an art that is even better when it goes hand in hand with other art mediums such as dance, fashion, etc... it just enhances the experience for me. Otherwise people would just go to concerts and listen to the band play behind a curtain.

This is what makes her so crazy good; she's not only the performer, but she's the composer, designer and choreographer--not to mention that she does NOT lip-sync her live performances, which is both insane given her choreography yet not unbelievable given the vocal quality of her live performances. Yo, Taylor Swift winning the emmy that is just some straight-up political BULL--SHIT; I mean I love my Taylor and all but come ON The Fame far-outmatched Fearless in terms of sales and popularity. Also Gaga wasn't off in her Grammy performance :P
machchunk  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NovaXD wrote:
I mean I love my Taylor and all but come ON The Fame far-outmatched Fearless in terms of sales and popularity.

Yea, I know you like Gaga, but this is actually wrong. The Fame was released in August 2008 and has sold 2.5 million copies in the US; Fearless was released in November 2008 and has sold 5.4 million. Fearless also appeals to more than one market; it has #1 singles on Pop, Country, and AC.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Bump
Telephone Music Video

Oh my god.
Thoughts on this?
I just saw it and there was SO much win in this for me.
There was a great amount of strange and bizarre to win me over in this. The outfits were ridiculous, over the top and a bit strange (Especially the cigarette shades, the beer curls, and the cheetah outfit). What won me over the most in this? The motherfucking Pussy Wagon. I loooved this so damn much. Great video, strange, sexy and downright bizarre. Watch it!
Nazo64  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i don't quite listen to Lady GaGa's stuff, but i heard "Speechless" and i fucking love it.
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the video. I got a good laugh out of "I told you she didn't have a dick." It was ridiculous and over the top, as it should be.

Also, LET'S MAKE A SANDWICH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: