Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bands you used to like
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redlar  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Bands you used to like Reply with quote

Ok, so are there any bands you used to quite enjoy, but you now don't enjoy? I mean like.. at all enjoy them.

For me, the most noticeable thing is Avenged Sevenfold. I used to quite like Avenged Sevenfold, and a fair few of their songs. These days, I can't even stand to hear A7X, or anything with M.Shadows in it. The musicianship is still there, I still understand they're good at what they do, I just can't stand the lyrics, or M.Shadow's voice anymore. Shame, as I managed to catch the last A7X show before The Rev died, and I really wasn't into the songs at all.

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
Twang  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here for A7X. They used to be a guilty pleasure of mine (back when I still had those), but now it's not even that. I guess you could say Waking the Fallen got me in to heavier metal, but now...I can't even say that means anything to me because I fall in and out of love with heavy metal pretty much weekly.

I was a pre-teen during the height of that whole nu-metal business. I used to be really in to Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park. I only ever listen to them for nostalgia now.

I was pretty huge on Danzig for a while. I don't dislike him like I do the other bands I've mentioned, but I don't listen to any of his music anymore, and don't plan to do so any time soon.

All I can think of right now.

EDIT: And Nirvana.

Last edited by Twang on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
MrPizza1771  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd have to go with Bon Jovi or Green Day

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mr Pizza1771 PSN Name: MrPizza17
redlar  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:

I was a pre-teen during the height of that whole nu-metal business. I used to be really in to Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Linkin Park. I only ever listen to them for nostalgia now.

Sounds very familiar, i expect a lot of people to have this apply to them. Linkin park was one of the first acts that got me into metal. Limp Bizkit is good for comedy value, I've still got all their albums somewhere. And I still love Korn, the best nu-metal act in my opinion. Nu metal may of been a bit.. well call it what you want, but it did lead to a lot of future metalheads. (In my experience, anyway.)

Npeaen wrote:
See! There is a benefit to wasting away far too much time on fake plastic guitars!

More... plastic guitars...
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlar wrote:
Twang wrote:

Sounds very familiar, i expect a lot of people to have this apply to them. Linkin park was one of the first acts that got me into metal. Limp Bizkit is good for comedy value, I've still got all their albums somewhere. And I still love Korn, the best nu-metal act in my opinion. Nu metal may of been a bit.. well call it what you want, but it did lead to a lot of future metalheads. (In my experience, anyway.)

Indeed, Linkin Park really got me into this whole music thing when I was I think 9-12 or something. I don't mind Korn, but the others are just nostalgic.
Incognito  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not too many bands that I listened to when I was younger, but don't anymore, Korn stands out for what really got me into metal music, I was definitely in the young teen angst years when I liked them. They still have a few good songs, but I don't care much for most of their material anymore. If it wasen't for them I might've not gave System of a Down's self-titled a chance, which is now one of my all time fav. albums.

Another is blink-182, as much as I don't care for them I do owe them for heading me in the right direction towards finding out about other great punk bands. Blink lead me to NOFX, then to The Ramones and Sex Pistols, then to Dead Kennedys etc...
SuperJerry  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Day. Their older stuff (Dookie, Insomniac album) is classic. Their new stuff... could really care less to hear to be honest. Not good.

Korn. They were one of my favorite bands growing up, and then something happened. I don't know if it was Head leaving the band or what, but their new stuff... nowhere near as great as it once was. Once again, not a big fan.

Metallica. After the Black Album... all downhill. Sure, they've had hits but come on. No way are their hits even remotely as good as anything prior.
stumper93  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Green Day....aww man, I knew like all the words to the American Idiot album....then they faded away and they weren't "cool." But with their new album, didn't even get interested.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many I could list:

-Eiffel 65
-Green Day
-Linkin Park
-Avril Lavigne >_<
-Dragonforce
-Barenaked Ladies
-Trivium
-Bullet for my Valentine
-Korn

Could probably get a few more but I don't care to find every band I used to like that I don't now...
JLynn  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, there was a little-known band named Nickelback. They released The State, and it was really good. They soon released Silver Side Up, and it was also good. Little-known band got a lot more well-known all too quickly. And their music got worse.

I don't know if anyone even remembers The State.
vaultitup  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Day for sure...

Credit to Karatechess
sean2490  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to listen to Dragonforce and Atreyu when I was 10-11. It's funny how the majority of some bands fanbase can come from that age group. If I was in a band where every time I played a show there would be all these preteens in the audience, I'd probably quit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't wanna be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie,
baby bye bye bye (bye bye)

Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
AGwaG  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:

but actually

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:

^^

Oh man...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: