Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
'Favorite' band ever?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RevPlague  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: 'Favorite' band ever? Reply with quote

(The purpose of this is for me and others to see the favorites of people on scorehero, not to flame others choices and preferences in music. Please keep that trash out of here.)

So, a while back, I was asked what my favorite band in the world was. The answer came to me easily, In Flames. However, over the past few months, that has shifted to UnderØath. (yes I know the altkey code for that. 0216) So, what I'm asking scorehero is;

What is your favorite band, and why?
and if somebody was to ask what your favorite band of 'all-time' was, would you define that as your current favorite band? How would that be defined?

So mine is without question UnderØath. I find their lyrics very inspiring, (although I AM Atheist.) and I think their music is very different. They use a lot of odd progressions in their guitars, and the drums are a blast to play. I'm also very impressed with their skill levels, given the fact that their drummer also does a lot of clean vocals over some rather fast/complex drum beats.

So share. (:
-JØnny.Plague
dabears116  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrokeNCYDE hands down...

>_>

<_<

>_<

I could never pick a favorite band, and since my preferences tend to slowly change, I could only give you a list of my current top ten bands (order does not matter)

This is not fully representative of my favorite genres however. d-beat/crust/anarchopunk, doom metal, post-rock, hip-hop, and jazz are genres I also love a lot, although I couldn't call any artist in such genres that I am aware of one of my top 10 at this moment.

Some guy at my old school once wore a merzbow shirt to class so we all threw stones at him and kicked him in the head until he died lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DaBears116
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite band of all time is Atheist

I spent some time about a year ago trying to figure out what my favorite band of all time was and I set some guidelines and I told these to a friend of mine when he asked me how is he suppose to pick what his favorite band is.

I said:

You should love all their music.
You should buy their stuff.
You should be interested in learning about them.
You should get excited on possibility that they're coming within a 400 mile radius of you.

They should be original.
They should be well-established (at least have a CD out)

One thing you have to remember is that you don't know all the music that is out there, so even if you're completely in love with a band and have all the first presses of their CD's, you may someday discover a band that you love even more. You never know, I guess what matters is just being able to enjoy the music.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably narrow it down to Animals as Leaders or Ayreon, with Dream Theater at a close third.
I'd rather categorize for separate genres, though, but overall it usually comes down to those. If, for example, you asked for favorite rap artists I would say tech N9ne / Bone Thugz / DMX, but to me rap is usually not as interesting as other genres, so they don't come close to the groups I mentioned at first.
Incognito  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have so many bands that I love, but for me it's Radiohead, I remember seeing the video for 'Paranoid Android" and thinking the video was cool, not paying too much attention to the song at the time. I would've only been 12 or 13 at the time and I forgot who did the video. A while later I saw the music video for "Just" and I remember being blown away by the song and video.

This lead me to get 'The Bends' and shortly after 'OK Computer', where I made the connection to "that song with the cool video". Little did I know "that song" would to this day be one of my favourite songs from one of my favourite albums.

EDIT:

The videos for reference...

Paranoid Android NSFW!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHiGbolFFGw

Just:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIFLtNYI3Ls
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never say who my favorite artist is. Simply because once I get into an artist's work, I get into an artist's work. At this moment, I don't particularly have a favorite artist, but I am enjoying Death From Above 1979, Lady Gaga, and Incubus. An all time favorite is usually out of my grasp.
Shadowstep  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:

Excellent choice sir....

Definitely THE MOST underrated band of all time. Period. No discussion.

As for my favourite band though.... I'd say mine would have to be Mastodon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to say Judas Priest! I like the fact that each album sounds different, yet still stays great quality year after year. I've seen them live and its even better than the albums. Rob Halford's voice is just amazing

Dream Theater is probably number 2
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite band of all time is Black Sabbath. They were the first band I ever loved. There are plenty of other bands I like to say are some of my absolute favorites (Therion, Atheist, Cynic), but Black Sabbath is above all, the most influential band to me and my musical tastes.
louster200  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never pick a favorite band. It's too damn hard. I think I can narrow it down to 4 bands that are my favorites of all time.

Green Day - They are the first band I really got into and I own all 10 studio albums + International Superhits.
Weezer - It's Weezer! Do I need to say more? BTW, you are not a fan unless you have the Blue Album. My favorite CD in my collection.
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - Bought all 3 CDs in a flash after I first bought Second and Eighteen. I love these guys.
OK Go - Some of the greatest music videos and have great CDs. Now all I need is OK Go, their first CD, and I'll have all their CDs.

Music<3

MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowstep wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:

Atheist underrated? I don't think so... They get mad respect from just about every serious metalhead I ever talked to.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
dabears116  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowstep wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:

Excellent choice sir....

Definitely THE MOST underrated band of all time. Period. No discussion
How can any band declared to be the most underrated band of all time be underrated at all? And Atheist is extremely popular and critically acclaimed amongst metal fans these day, they are not even close to underrated.

Some guy at my old school once wore a merzbow shirt to class so we all threw stones at him and kicked him in the head until he died lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DaBears116
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tough to narrow it down since I like so many different bands, but I'd say Mercyful Fate is my current favorite band. One of the greatest Heavy Metal bands along with Black Sabbath (also one of my favorites, I'm actually listening to Vol 4 right now.). Also, I agree with you guys about Atheist, far from underrated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalheadNorm wrote:
Shadowstep wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:

Atheist underrated? I don't think so... They get mad respect from just about every serious metalhead I ever talked to.

Well you must know a lot of awesome people. Every metalhead I've ever talked to doesn't even know who they are (besides you guys offcourse).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadowstep wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:
Shadowstep wrote:
MetalheadNorm wrote:

Well you must know a lot of awesome people. Every metalhead I've ever talked to doesn't even know who they are (besides you guys offcourse).

Alot of 'metalheads' in my school don't know who Chuck Shuldiner is, much less Atheist.

Kill me.... please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: