ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Top 10 Neversoft contributions to the music video game genre
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BShea  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Top 10 Neversoft contributions to the music video game genre Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I was kind of on the fence about posting this here since I usually don't post my work on SH unless it's news that hasn't broken on this site as of my publishing, but I figured we had enough Neversoft employees and former NS-ers that it might be a nice way to sort of honor what they did with the Guitar Hero series.

Basically I looked back at all of the great innovations that NS did with the series from GH3 on and counted down the most important ones.

Hope you guys like it. To all the Neversoft employees that read this, thanks for everything you did with the series.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-25487-Music-Video-Games-Examiner~y2010m2d19-Top-10-Neversoft-contributions-to-the-music-video-game-genre
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll drink to that.

RdNetwork  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, really nice job, and thanks again Neversoft for everything you've done for GH players.
DarkFoxMrd  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leff sent this out to everybody here at work.

Totally lovin' it. Thanks for all the appreciation!
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorites have to be 5 lane drums, expert+ and every possible instrument combination.

Some really great additions and even if some of you may be gone, what you achieved is still put to use by millions of people every day.

Thanks you, Neversoft.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS are the Legends Of Rock guys !! Keep rocking !!
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with number one. GHtunes has been one of my favorite things ever in a game

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ! I claim #10 and #8!
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice list! Overall, the only thing I would have to add would be the GH5 challenges. And, if you threw in the Wii version, well, let's just say I've broken a few vases and tackled my friends nearly every time I've had a Roadie Battle party. Ingenius mode.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking here now has made me see how far Neversoft took the genre and refined it into its current form. I'm especially in support for #2 (even though I *like* being a vocalist, even when no one wants to) and #5 (makes bass more fun, what can I say).

I say well done with the article, and a very fitting send-off for Neversoft

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice list, there, Shea!

It certainly does compile NS's top 10 most innovative and best inclusions to the fanchise.

Cheers.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
NexustEra  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At first it seemed like a very niche mode that would only appeal to top players, but before Neversoft knew it, players of all ability levels were grabbing that extra pedal just to see if they could make it through a song on Expert +.

Huh? It's by definition a very niche mode that only appeals to top players. Why even try to claim otherwise? It is what it is.

Anyway, a pretty decent list. However, I would have taken something out and put in the Battles. Regardless of what people think of them, it's pretty cool that they had artists record original music for the game for a special mode.
BShea  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NexustEra wrote:
Quote:
At first it seemed like a very niche mode that would only appeal to top players, but before Neversoft knew it, players of all ability levels were grabbing that extra pedal just to see if they could make it through a song on Expert +.

Huh? It's by definition a very niche mode that only appeals to top players. Why even try to claim otherwise? It is what it is.

I'm anything but a top tier player, but I can barely make it through expert modes on drums (Smash Hits I've only beaten on Medium thanks to Raining Blood and TTFAF), but I went ahead and bought an extra pedal just to see if I can get through some of the X+ songs. Painkiller and TTFAF still elude me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly? Having lost interest in music in the mid 90s (that time was fucking terrible in the UK charts), Neversoft were pretty much responsible for re-introducing me to good music with the Tony Hawk series, particularly THPS2 which featured what I long considered to be the best song of all time, therefore they're pretty much responsible for my music obsession over the past ten years or whatever.

Neversoft? Fucking legends. I owe 'em a massive gratitude, did so even before they got near the plastic guitar scene.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
memesis  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I'm surprised there isnt a mention of party play. A great list none the less
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: