Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Songs everyone knows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorhead - Ace of Spades (surprised it hasn't been included)

You know how there's some bands that have one/few particular song(s) that people remember as soon as the start and those who aren't really into the band don't know anything of their other stuff? I still can't really figure out how only AoS came out on top. I mean, GH:WT had Overkill, which is by all means a better song than AoS. Both albums are chock full of hits, but for some reason (until the DLC anyway), only those two were included. Regardless of video games, Motorhead had already put out their debut, Bomber, and Overkill before AoS. I'm surprised nothing came of those albums in terms of recognition as opposed to Ace of Spades.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post a little more than just a list of songs (especially when that list is only a few songs long).

Even though this is ScoreHero I'm surprised to see a lot of metal being mentioned in a thread about the most recognizable songs. Aside from maybe Enter Sandman or Iron Man I don't think there are many metal songs that most people would know. At least, I didn't know a lot about metal until getting into it a bit through GH/RB.

I was going to recommend a few 90's hits but sadly they're probably not that recognizable to younger people or older people (<13> 50, give or take).

Classical pieces like Beethoven's 5th or Brahms' Lullaby are probably the most recognizable overall for all ages, because even if you don't know their names, which most people probably don't, almost everyone has heard them.

Also
GuitarHailz wrote:
Some of these seem like strange choices... I'd think songs like Hey Jude or I Wanna Hold Your Hand would be more widely known than Lucy and Good Morning.
Agreed, the older Beatles songs are more recognizable, even though their later stuff is obviously very popular as well. Yellow Submarine is one of the exceptions though.
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about the Beatles songs. People who don;t listen to the Beatles know Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds due to the whole LSD thing. It's definitely more known than Hey Jude or something.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
I disagree about the Beatles songs. People who don;t listen to the Beatles know Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds due to the whole LSD thing. It's definitely more known than Hey Jude or something.

I have to disagree, almost everyone I know only knows Hey Jude as far as Beatles songs go. But maybe the people I know are just weird or something.

OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericName wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:

I have to disagree, almost everyone I know only knows Hey Jude as far as Beatles songs go. But maybe the people I know are just weird or something.

Well, we're probably in different age groups. I'm a Sophomore, and most Sophomores at my HS know LitSwD and not Hey Jude.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be contrary to the truth, and the fact that I experienced this amongst a bunch of young teenagers, but it seemed to me as though everyone knew the song 'Stacy's Mom', by Fountains of Wayne.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
bobaloochi  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not known worldwide, I'd say most people who have ever owned a Nintendo console (and many who don't, as it's even been played in commercials for Nintendo) know the SMB1 overworld theme.
SuperShredder91  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Had A Little Lamb

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Chad-Shreds

Hiya
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Lady in Black been mentioned yet? You know, the song by Uriah Heep? The one probably everyone knows. It's a very simple song - only two chords are played in it on the guitar. It's a song for beginners on the guitar, so I think that everyone who at least tried to learn and play the guitar should know it.

Also, it's a really awesome song, so I'm sure a lot of people know it. Just saying.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
jisberg13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds has nothing to do with LSD. John Lennon wrote the song about a picture that his son drew.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: jisberg13
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure everyone knows Back in Black or Highway To Hell by AC/DC

due to sporting events, movie sound tracks, radio airplay, and general overplayedness in every situation ever
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
Has Lady in Black been mentioned yet? You know, the song by Uriah Heep? The one probably everyone knows. It's a very simple song - only two chords are played in it on the guitar. It's a song for beginners on the guitar, so I think that everyone who at least tried to learn and play the guitar should know it.

Also, it's a really awesome song, so I'm sure a lot of people know it. Just saying.

I like to think I know a fair amount about music, certainly more than the average "everybody", and I have never heard that song.

I am surprised by people saying that people know Lucy in the Sky over Hey Jude. Paul McCartney performed Hey Jude at the most watched American event of the year, that being the Super Bowl.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jisberg13 wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds has nothing to do with LSD. John Lennon wrote the song about a picture that his son drew.

I know, I meant the whole thing about how people say it has to do with LSD. It's just something that makes me think everyone knows it.

That, and it's a cool song.
MetalManiac3021  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:

It is an awesome song, but I'm not sure if too many people are familiar with it let alone know Uriah Heep.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say for songs everyone knows (Incoming wall of text):

AC/DC - Back in Black
Aerosmith - Dream On
Aerosmith - Last Child
AFI - Miss Murder
Avenged Sevenfold - Almost Easy
The Beatles - Hey Jude
The Beatles - Yesterday
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Blink-182 - All the Small Things
Blink-182 - I Miss You
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness
Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames ¯\(°_o)/¯
The Doors - Light My Fire
Evanescense - Bring Me to Life
Faith No More - Epic
Foghat - Slow Ride
Foo Fighters - Best of You
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Green Day - American Idiot
Green Day - Basket Case
Green Day - Holiday
Green Day - Time of Your Life
Journey - Any Way You Want It
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
The Killers - When You Were Young
KISS - Rock and Roll All Nite
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven ¯\(°_o)/¯
Linkin Park - Bleed it Out
Linkin Park - In the End
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird ¯\(°_o)/¯
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metallica - The Day that Never Comes
Nickelback - Too many to mention (They all sound the same anyway, don't they?)
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
Queen - We Are the Champions
Queen - We Will Rock You
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Dani California
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)
Seether - Fake It
Seether - Remedy
Shinedown - Second Chance
Sum 41 - Fat Lip
White Stripes - Icky Thump
White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
The Who - Baba O' Riley

Yeah.

EDIT:
Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream

EDIT 2: Other songs I'd list are in the OP.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***

Last edited by BlueTornado on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: