ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Itouch vs. Zune

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkdguy93  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Itouch vs. Zune Reply with quote

i'm really debating on witch one to get. i can't really decide. they both are $200 so money is no biggie. could someone help me on witch would be the better decision

50 FC's on Expert Guitar. \m/

Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess 100% all items, all hearts peices, all bugs everything. oh yeah and i did it twice
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it depends on what you're interested in.
The zune is most likely going to contain 30 gbs or so, you if you have a lot of music, this one is a good choice.
Itouch's will range from 8-16gb which isn't as much memory, but it also has apps, a neat interface, big screen, and all of that stuff.

Basically, if you want a bigger memory MP3 player, get a zune, or another mp3 player of similar memory storage.
If memory isn't quite as important, and you think you'll want to get a handful of apps and such, then get an itouch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so their isen't really anything special about the zune?

Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess 100% all items, all hearts peices, all bugs everything. oh yeah and i did it twice
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
Itouch's will range from 8-16gb which isn't as much memory, but it also has apps, a neat interface, big screen, and all of that stuff.

Me and my bro have 32g ipod touches, and I think they come in 64 gigs as well.

Imho I like Ipods (in general) alot better
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganondorf901 wrote:
JohnnyGrey wrote:

Me and my bro have 32g ipod touches, and I think they come in 64 gigs as well.

True, but not for 200 dollars. According to the apple site, 200 bucks = 8gig.

As for anything special about the zune, my mistake, I wasn't aware of the new HD zune.
It appears to be quite similar to the itouch. You can read the specifics [url=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Zune+-+HD+16GB*+MP3+Player+-+Black/9449581.p?id=1218106628166&skuId=9449581]here[/url], but I found -Allows you to buy, stream and update your music, as well as download free games. Browse the Internet on the go anywhere there is a Wi-Fi connection - to be especially interesting.

So it basically seems like for 200 the zune is 16gb and the itouch is 8gb.
Even though the itouch is a bit lacking in memory, it is most likely going to have much more apps as well as features/accessories due to just being more popular.

Again, it all comes to choice, and I don't think either choice would be a bad one. You can do further research and read reviews and stuff if you're that concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you watch your sales, you can get the classic iPod w/ a lot of GB (more than 30, don't really remember how much). It's the best iPod in my opinion because it's big, and the most durable / least issues.

I would've gotten one myself, but I prefer older methods of music listening.
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
nardi11011  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, if you just want music, go for the classic iPod, but I'd go for the iPod Touch as you get lots and lots of apps as well.

Waiting for someone to come in here all "NO APPLE AND MICROSOFT SUCK GET THIS UGLY PLAYER FOR LESS MONEY"
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
Sottle  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"NO APPLE AND MICROSOFT SUCK GET THIS UGLY PLAYER FOR LESS MONEY"

Wow, bitter.

Allow me....

Are these your only options, or are you willing to consider other manufacturers than the two mass-marketed ones?

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you don't care about apps, you should still be able to get the classic zune which was 80GB

i have the zune hd 32 gb, and i LOVE it, it never breaks, as long as you have all of your music in a folder, it takes absolutely no time at all to put it into your library and zune (i have 2.8k songs, took me 5 min. to get it into my library and device). some of the games are really fun such as audiosurf and (some ripoff version of bejeweled), they are all free. Yes the zune doesn't have as many apps as the ipod, but a LOT of my friends have had their ipods break. I've dropped the zune hd a couple of times and there's no scratches, nothing. It's easy to manage, as long as your not an idiot (like most people who touch my zune, they start rotating their finger in a circular motion on the screen, and tell me it's too complicated, and i tell them they have the brain capacity of a wooden post). if you're going to take the legal route with getting music, 15 dollars on itunes will get you 12-15 songs, 15 dollars on a zune pass will get you ... well how much can you download in a month?

the only thing i've seen ipod win against the zune is the apps, and IMO that's really not that big of a deal. So if you ask me, get the zune.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
tkdguy93  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so does the zune have a thing like itunes? if so does then is it easy to gut stuff on it. cause i know its really easy to get stuff from vuze and limewire on it. and would that stuff work on the vuze

TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore my avatar for a moment.
The iPod vs. Zune debate, IMO always ends like this:

Want Apps, Apps, and more Apps? Get a Touch.
Like music, better video quality, and some extras? Zune HD all the way.

EDIT: In reply to above;
Yes, the Zune has its own management program and its own store and all the other dealies.
Adding outside music is as easy as adding to the "My Music" folder on your PC and Zune will pick it up.
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkdguy93 wrote:
so does the zune have a thing like itunes? if so does then is it easy to gut stuff on it. cause i know its really easy to get stuff from vuze and limewire on it. and would that stuff work on the vuze

yes, the zune has "the zune marketplace" where you can do pretty much anything itunes has, it has a "smart dj" feature which allows you to put in a song / band you like, and it will make a list of songs that are also liked by people who like that band / song, (pandora).

and like i said, zune has the zune pass, which if you used rhapsody, it's pretty much, you pay 15 dollars a month, and get unlimited downloads.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
tkdguy93 wrote:

yes, the zune has "the zune marketplace" where you can do pretty much anything itunes has, it has a "smart dj" feature which allows you to put in a song / band you like, and it will make a list of songs that are also liked by people who like that band / song, (pandora).

and like i said, zune has the zune pass, which if you used rhapsody, it's pretty much, you pay 15 dollars a month, and get unlimited downloads.

Plus that $15 goes to 10 "Song Credits" that allows you to keep 10 songs from your Zune Pass each month. So you are basically purchasing an album and getting unlimited downloads FREE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: