SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Christian/Religious Bands and Artists
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
I'm an absolute sucker for a good beat, and I dare anyone to listen to Kirk Franklin's "Looking for You" without tapping their foot or bobbing their head or some other shit. Not terribly familiar with the rest of Franklin's work but it's mostly gospel, which may turn some away. Still, this song is awesome and always puts a smile on my face.

Kirk Franklin is the man. I can't really think of any of his other songs off the top of my head (Stomp comes to mind, but it's really not his best song in my opinion).

Kirk Franklin is technically gospel, I suppose, but his music is a collision of old-school choir gospel with hip hop. It's pretty cool, even if you don't like either of those genres.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for those that do know Tourniquet and their awesomeness, this will make you happy...

"Finally, we will be recording a brand new epic TOURNIQUET album in July or August, 2010. We are excited to announce that we will be working with legendary English producer NEIL KERNON. Neil has either produced, recorded, mixed, or engineered a staggering amount of cool music from classic metal (Queensryche, Dokken, Judas Priest, Autograph) to death metal (Nile, Cannibal Corpse) to progressive music (Nevermore, Magma) to hair metal (Britny Fox) to Christian bands like Petra, to classic bands like Kansas, to platinum selling albums like Hall and Oates "Private Eyes". We plan to release it as soon as it's finished in fall of this year."
Shadowstep  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer is a good christianism band

So is Behemoth; check out their song "Christgrinding Avenue". Very inspiring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganondorf901 wrote:
TerminX13 wrote:
Kamelot is a damn good christian metal band.

Kamelot is in no way a christian metal band, and if they are, they were definetly the first to feature guest musicians from satanic bands
Wait..
Wat?

I think I may have been lied to >_>

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TerminX13 wrote:
ganondorf901 wrote:
TerminX13 wrote:
Kamelot is a damn good christian metal band.

Kamelot is in no way a christian metal band, and if they are, they were definetly the first to feature guest musicians from satanic bands
Wait..
Wat?

I think I may have been lied to >_>

Yeah the song March of Mephisto featured a member of Dimmu Borgir... Kamelot is really amazing though... power metal mostly but they have all the diversity of prog metal bands. I'd be very surprised to learn that they were a Christian band... I doubt they'd take either side actually.

King's X is a Christian band though, if anyone here has heard of them (prog metal.)

Sorry if this is too far off-topic but Orphaned Land is a band that if I'm not mistaken follows Judaism (Ju metal .) They also explore the similarities between Christianity, Islam, and Judaism in some of their work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF_hrt_zUpw
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just split out a long argument about religion/music. Let's keep this thread on the topic of Christian music and not on the topic of Christianity, thanks.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, predictably, don't like "in your face" religious messages as part of my music... so my only real contribution to this will be MxPx. They're pretty much made of awesomeness and cake.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballtom3685 wrote:
Just split out a long argument about religion/music. Let's keep this thread on the topic of Christian music and not on the topic of Christianity, thanks.

I was worried that would happen. Thanks for taking care of it.

I changed the topic title to include "religious music" as well. It's cool with me if people want to talk about any kind of religious music such as Islam, Judaism, etc. (I'm loving the "Ju-metal" thing XD)

Just keep in mind boys and girls, this topic is about the music, not the religion. ;)

And I'm with CTangent and jesse about Kirk Franklin. That guy makes some seriously fun music.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily a christian band, but Pain Of Salvation's BE has a lot of interesting religious aspects in its lyrics. I like the different feel the lyrics have compared to a lot of other christian bands I've heard (worship, secular and metal bands).

Another really good band is Saviour Machine who are a Progressive/Gothic metal band. Their Legend album series chronicles the apocalypse as told in the bible, and the music is pretty varied.

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: