ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Best way to get the most points in Eruption Xpert drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n1nj4ofshr3d  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Best way to get the most points in Eruption Xpert drums Reply with quote

I lost 1st place on PS2 RB drums on Eruption, but ever since I have been trying to find a better way to A LOT of points, but I can't get past 8,500. Anyone have a good way of doing so?
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep in mind that getting 1st is going to be hell on your kit. best legitimate way is to position the sticks under the yellow/orange cymbals and above the red and green pads, respectively. Either take turns alternating hands up and down or do both in one motion (which ever you can keep up a fast, steady beat and without tiring out faster). Tiring out is probably the biggest problem for theses areas [looks at Schism also]. While doing this, to maximize score a double pass pedal is needed. I would suggest alternating the bass hits, since there isn't too much to gain from hitting them together, plus it may help to stay on some sort of rhythm for the pad spamming.

on the rb kit, I turn my sticks so they're perpendicular and they are able to hit all four pads on one stoke. From there I just use my ring and middle finger to keep doing quick strokes.

Either way, I suggest to not worry about it. Everyone can FC the song and it takes no skill to spam fills, plus there's all sorts of manipulation you can do to increase the score dishonestly.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To five star the song and get a good score, I spammed the face buttons on an RB kit and 2feet1pedal'd at the same time. I forget how many points I got though... I think I broke 9k.

edit: 9,747 which is good for 32nd on the XBL Leaderboard. I didn't spam the pedal nearly as fast as I could have, because I'd really rather not break my gf's sister's stock RB1 pedal.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
keep in mind that getting 1st is going to be hell on your kit. best legitimate way is to position the sticks under the yellow/orange cymbals and above the red and green pads, respectively. Either take turns alternating hands up and down or do both in one motion (which ever you can keep up a fast, steady beat and without tiring out faster). Tiring out is probably the biggest problem for theses areas [looks at Schism also]. While doing this, to maximize score a double pass pedal is needed. I would suggest alternating the bass hits, since there isn't too much to gain from hitting them together, plus it may help to stay on some sort of rhythm for the pad spamming.

Exactly what I did. Oh, and this may sound weird, but I've been thinking about bashing my head off the blue pad while doing this technique for a few more points. I kid you not :P Also, because you're spamming yellow and orange at more or less the same time, activating SP efficiently will be a breeze.

It's all about endurance. I was able to keep it up for the whole fill, but it required moving my hands around a few times. Sometimes I'd move them up higher to relieve pain and other times I'd leave them lower as I spammed.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
gigijypo  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: i am 3rd on 360 i now how Reply with quote

i actully am 3rd stupidly people are going to large extents to get 1st on this son so did i.
i invited my 3 brothers over and i tought them all how to mommy daddy roll (bounce the stick to hit 2 quick notes in 1 so when you drum roll you can double your drum rolling speed) we all had a drum each and i have 2 pedels we all hit the rockband drum kit as fast as we could (it didnt break i have goodwoods) and i got 13K 2 people are still above me but some of my brothers wasnt doing it right so i could get so much higher guy at first 14k wat the hell did he do
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: i am 3rd on 360 i now how Reply with quote

gigijypo wrote:
i actully am 3rd stupidly people are going to large extents to get 1st on this son so did i.
i invited my 3 brothers over and i tought them all how to mommy daddy roll (bounce the stick to hit 2 quick notes in 1 so when you drum roll you can double your drum rolling speed) we all had a drum each and i have 2 pedels we all hit the rockband drum kit as fast as we could (it didnt break i have goodwoods) and i got 13K 2 people are still above me but some of my brothers wasnt doing it right so i could get so much higher guy at first 14k wat the hell did he do

14k? Wow. I really had to exert myself to get to that 13k... I can't possibly imagine how anyone could get to 14k. That's just ludicrous

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just spammed the buttons. Try a combination of buttons, pedal and the drums themselves. Thats like 12 things right there

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 person spamming the buttons, 1 person flying on 2 bass pedals, and others rolling on the pads =P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I'll go for first tomorrow.

I use a round piece of plastic in one of my hands, place it above the 4 face buttons on the WT kit and spaz tap it. With my other hand I hold my stick horizontally and wiggles it between both cymbals. Spam drum pedal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Interesting, I'll go for first tomorrow.

I use a round piece of plastic in one of my hands, place it above the 4 face buttons on the WT kit and spaz tap it. With my other hand I hold my stick horizontally and wiggles it between both cymbals. Spam drum pedal.

Nooooo don't steal my score

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: