SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Power Gig: Rise of the Sixstring
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Wow. A shame I'm not getting this. There's some seriously good tunes there. Dio/Black Sabbath, Bad Religion, Eric Clapton...Not AMAZING outside a small few, but rather fun choices that I compliment them for getting.

Is this playable with a regular GH guitar like Rock Revolution or is it purely their real guitar or maybe RB's?

Playable with normal controllers. Wish it was for Wii, I'd definitely give it a rent.
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omigawd Paper Wings? :o Do want.

If you can use the GH/RB guitars, I'll surely be picking this up.

When it's $5 like Rock Revolution

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think I'll pick it up new and I doubt block buster will get this one for rent, but I'll play it eventually. I just gotta play stuff like I Want To Conquer the World, Layla, and The Devil Cried.
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this setlist is actually pretty sweet. There are some songs I'd KILL to have on Rock Band. Too bad I'm not getting this, unless it turns out to be awesome.

Here are the songs I'd kill to have on Rock Band:
Breaking Benjamin - Breath
Disturbed - The Night
Incubus - Wish You Were Here
Kid Rock - All Summer Long
Living Colour - Cult of Personality
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Paramore - Ignorance (although anything else from their new album would be better)
Puddle of Mudd - Blurry
Rise Against - Paper Wings (ESPECIALLY THIS ONE)
Sick Puppies - You're Going Down
The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Three Days Grace - Break (although this is their worst song)

Seriously, some of these songs should have been on Rock Band a LONG time ago. Also, Been Caught Stealing is now the only song to be featured in all three rhythm series this fall.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]

Last edited by hiddenzombie013 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Clapton - Layla
Disturbed - The Night
Ozzy Osbourne - A.V.H.
Black Sabbath - The Devil Cried
The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid
The Black Label Society - Retribution
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Firewind - Head Up High
Bad Religion - I Want to Conquer the World
New Found Glory - Listen to Your Friends

That's all there is for me, though really, Rock Band 3 barely has many more than that, which interests me lol Only buying Rock Band 3, mostly because I have too for DLC and the Keyboard.
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played this game at PAX. It was horrible. Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

The controller feels great, but you basically have to grip as tightly as possible for the frets to register. The graphics are awful and the drums make no sense whatsoever.

This might actually be worse than Rock Revolution.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
I played this game at PAX. It was horrible. Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

The controller feels great, but you basically have to grip as tightly as possible for the frets to register. The graphics are awful and the drums make no sense whatsoever.

How's the timing window? Did you play it on a GH guitar, at all? And not that I'm interested, but did they demo the guitar being plugged into an amp?
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
POKE-JJ wrote:

How's the timing window? Did you play it on a GH guitar, at all? And not that I'm interested, but did they demo the guitar being plugged into an amp?

Timing window is similar to Rock Band's - it's relatively tight, at least on the higher difficulties. I didn't get a chance to try it with a GH guitar as the both was exclusively Power Gig and stocked exclusively with the Power Gig instruments.

They did demo it being plugged into an amp - however, as a real guitar, it doesn't seem that great. The tone isn't very good and the intonation sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
POKE-JJ wrote:

Timing window is similar to Rock Band's - it's relatively tight, at least on the higher difficulties. I didn't get a chance to try it with a GH guitar as the both was exclusively Power Gig and stocked exclusively with the Power Gig instruments.

They did demo it being plugged into an amp - however, as a real guitar, it doesn't seem that great. The tone isn't very good and the intonation sucks.

Mm. Any mention of price? If it's competitive enough, it could seriously put an unwanted dent in Fender's Squier.
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:
POKE-JJ wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:
POKE-JJ wrote:

Mm. Any mention of price? If it's competitive enough, it could seriously put an unwanted dent in Fender's Squier.

Unfortunately, there wasn't any pricing information available. I asked but they didn't have the information there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This setlist doesn't have Ace of Spaces so it's not good enough..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I said yes because I have put down a deposit on the PG guitar bundle at my local EB Games.

I tried it at PAX and really enjoyed the weight of the guitar and the game played well enough. I can see myself using the guitar in some of the other games as well. I also tried RB3 and have had the opportunity to demo GHWOR. IMO I would rank them as 1. RB3 2 PG and 3 GHWOR. GH seemed more of the same ol same ol where the other two have introduced innovations.

The guitar tapping mode takes a little getting used to from what I have seen as I tended to bring my fingers up to the thick strings, where you can really tap any string in that zone. Since you can't feel that you are in a different colour like you can with a gh or rb guitar, I found myself looking a bit more. I did like really strumming and felt it added to the experience. The Power Gig and RB3 Fender had a similar feel in holding them, though I didn't try the RB3 guitar in game.

I wasn't a big fan of the drums because I like the feeling of hitting something, but can see them being very useful for someone living in an apartment where they don't have space for the other games sets(or ion drums). Each stick and the base require 2 batteries so shop at costco for batteries.

My biggest concern from Preordering PG, is what happened with Rock Revolution. Granted RR was a definate tier down from RB and GH, the fact remains that it will be tough competing against those products for PG because many people will have their mind made up before ever trying the product. What I would like to see is a PG demo machine in all the Best Buys, Gamestops, EB Games, Futureshops like DJ Hero did. I think that totally benefited DJ Hero and that there probably would not be a Number 2 coming out the same day as PG, had they not used that strategy. The thing that sold me on PG was trying that guitar. I am hoping the fact that it is a real guitar prevents the product to dropping to 50 bucks when I paid 200 should PG not be able to overcome the people with RB and GH blinders on.

My collection currently consists of all RB and GH games for XBOX 360, as well as Rock Revolution. I have also preorderd RB3(keyboard bundle), and GHWor. I felt that 108 key guitar was cool, but was really light and can envision issues with it so will wait for the Fender to come out for RB3. I am not looking forward to the cost of the Fender however, since the name will likely add to the price as well.

Preview from a guy who went to PAX over from their forums. The moderator over on their boards said a Wii version would ship next year, color me excited (and I definitely hope by then they can make the Mustang compatible with their modes).
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when PG can play like a real guitar and can look better than Guitar Hero 2, I might be more interested in grabbing it. Now PG2 could be impressive after RB3 releases and they see how to do a proper game with a real guitar lol
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this game releases today, any reviews from people who have bought it?
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Well this game releases today, any reviews from people who have bought it?
*tumbleweed*
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: