Power Gig: Rise of the Sixstring
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has no online component
adstermoore  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I has fall behind me on it, GH and RB missed a really good song there, It's a shame hardly anyone has ever heard it, cos its one of the best songs ever written. But I will try to pick this game up as it looks rather good (obviously not drums).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GingerBraFace
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adstermoore wrote:
But I will try to pick this game up as it looks rather good

Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...so is there a review of this game yet or is this seriously going to the exact route of RR? I mean I saw a commercial on TV yesterday but the only online review I've seen online is from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, while RB3 is still a week from release and reviews are starting to pour in.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well according to metacritic, there are no professional reviews of the game in. And no user reviews on the site.

And according to gamespot user reviews the rating is in the 3-5 region (which granted, knowing gamespot's average user reviews not a single person who reviewed it actually bought the game).

So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anyone actually puts money into this game. Either way it's a gigantic financial flop, but who knows if the game itself is any good.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a feeling that Powergig didn't send any review copies out to people which will hurt it, even if it was bad and got a bad review, cause no talk about it is almost worse than negative talk. After seeing footage of the game and realizing how it played, it seemed like it would be an inevitable piece of crap, but it seemed to bomb worse than it was gonna.

Doesn't even have a reader score over at IGN. It's like it was never even released. Maybe it can be picked up out of the bargain bin here really soon.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sim/powergigriseofthesixstring/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-56824872&pid=991148&tag=topics%3Btitle

Ya this may actually flop worse financially than Rock Revolution, and the game itself sounds mediocre at its best parts. And extremely tiresome and grinding at its worst.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it saddened me to see someone walking out of gamestop with the bundle

funny enough I don't think I saw any on display when I was in there

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlannelJacket wrote:
it saddened me to see someone walking out of gamestop with the bundle

funny enough I don't think I saw any on display when I was in there
It saddens me to know that this piece of shit game will sell some copies solely based on ignorance.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to try the PG guitar on GH and RB is that possible?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
It saddens me to know that this piece of shit game will sell some copies solely based on ignorance.

I bought one (disc only) for curiosity and achievements. lol. If anyone wants, I can post a quick synopsis of the game. I'll be playing it tomorrow before my brother gets home so we can play RB3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
GesterX  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IGN Review

In short they gave it 4
BathTub  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenewnoelisoncruz picked up the game and is posting all the videos up, including the story. if anyone is interested in what we are missing out.

Started out just guitar, but then after a few songs his brother joins him on drums.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

benlikesthesalsa wrote:
I want to try the PG guitar on GH and RB is that possible?

DO NOT GET THE PG GUITAR FOR RB.

They say specifically "The Power Gig guitar is completely compatible as a full guitar for Rock Band 3!"

This is in short, a complete ball faced lie. Not only does it not work as a full pro-guitar, when you connect it it only recognizes it as a regular plastic guitar. Which doesn't even work, as the vibrations of the strings cause it to overhit multiple times anytime you try and hit any note.

So in otherwords, don't buy any of the power gig hardware.... Unless for some masochistic reason you wanna play the game itself.

P.S. I "love" the singer animations for the game.
daniel192  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as if this game is only trying to cash in on Rock Band 3 Pro Mode features. The graphics are cool but the animation is shit. The charts look OK but sometimes lack notes that are obviously there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: