ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Assassin, hard guitar, I wanna shoot this chart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueTornado  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Assassin, hard guitar, I wanna shoot this chart Reply with quote

I cannot keep a combo anywhere on Assassin on hard guitar! I only get 90k, and it's the only 3* I have in the game! How do I even keep at least a combo some of the time? I have a higher avg multiplier on TTFaF on hard, which really shows something. This is like, my worst song on hard . I even get better stats on Misirlou on expert !

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Assassin, hard guitar, I wanna shoot this chart Reply with quote

This was my last 5* on GHWT HG, and for good reason.

For you, what I'd suggest is this: downstrum the verses. The strumming is at about 8.8 NPS, which may sound daunting, but the verses have more breaks in them than the other parts, so it'll be less taxing on your arm, and it'll be easier to keep the rhythm. Maybe you'll keep enough of a combo to carry you to the 4*, at least. Good luck!
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest listening to the song a couple of times, and watching YouTube videos of FCs, to hear the strumming. It'll help.

As for me, I once sucked at Assassin... I really sucked at it, I couldn't even 4* it. Then one day, it just clicked for me, and I was able to 99% 5* it on Expert and FC it on hard.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
CristianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably because after time your strumming arm gets weary from moving too much. I had this problem before, but follow this tip: Try strumming with your wrist instead of moving your arm up and down, it lessens the pain by a lot and you use less effort. Notice that there are also breaks in between the strumming, also focus on the song and don't look away into the surroundings (it can happen ) .

To help, watch a video to get a good hearing of how the strumming is actually supposed to sound like to compare yours to that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: