ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tetris House Remix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Def3nsE  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Tetris House Remix Reply with quote

I made my first project on FL Studio 9. It's a remix of Tetris Type A and B. Listen, rate, and tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is accepted, from obvious tips to big changes. Thanks for listening!

Tetris Remix (2nd): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHT9kyiKwqs
3:27

These two links are the melodies that I sampled.

Tetris type A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgtKSnmM5oE
Tetris type B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VNyQgGSXzQ

If you can make me smile, you win.
If you can make me laugh, you win a prize.

Last edited by Def3nsE on Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: II Def3nsE IL
Venim619  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually pretty good considering it's your first project. I could move to it pretty easily without feeling too awkward. I have only two opinions on things that should be changed. First is the unnecessary drum break in the middle. It just didn't fit in too well and could have been better if it had even a backing melody over it. Second, and this is purely opinion (and is based on my EDM taste which is currently... Hardstyle/hardcore), I'd like it a little bit more if the tempo was turned up to about 140-150 and the bass hits were a bit harder, but not so hard that it diminishes the quality. Yeah, that's just based on my love for the harder styles and what not, but I think it would also make it a little easier to dance to which is, IMO, the point of EDM (electronic DANCE music). Other than that though, it was a pretty quality track. You should make some more and start mixing those together. The world needs more DJs and producers.
Def3nsE  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I find producing as a way to express music without having to actually play an instrument . But yea, I was looking into changing tempo after looking at other remixes. I guess I got lost in making it sound well and forgetting about how one would dance to it. Now that I think about it, if I was getting into the mood and then the drum break came up, it would be a bit awkward. I'll take all of that into consideration in my next mix. Thanks plenty.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: II Def3nsE IL
Venim619  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all. Just keep working and experimenting to see what works for you. Just remember that no one starts out as awesome as Deadmau5 and Showtek.
Def3nsE  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adjusted the mix according to some of the things you pointed out. I'm glad to say thanks to you it sounds better. New link is in OP.

Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, actually. It really inspires me to take the time to get used to using FL studio instead of guitar pro, the sound quality is just so much better. Normally I have a lot to say as far as constructive criticism, but I think the song is just about where it needs to be already. I especially like at about 1:14 when the new riff starts.

There is already a thread where SH members link their songs, though.
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101791&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: