ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Not remembering lyrics? Is this just me...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffo2448  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Not remembering lyrics? Is this just me... Reply with quote

I love all kinds of music, but I realized that I'm terrible at listening to lyrics and remembering them... even if I've heard the song over and over. Maybe I just zone in on the music going on, but is anyone else like this?
MetalheadNorm  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Not remembering lyrics? Is this just me... Reply with quote

jeffo2448 wrote:
I love all kinds of music, but I realized that I'm terrible at listening to lyrics and remembering them... even if I've heard the song over and over. Maybe I just zone in on the music going on, but is anyone else like this?

Don't feel bad. If you're listening to a ton of songs from a variety of genres, then lyrics are going to be tough to hang on to... Just make sure you know the choruses of your favorite band's staple songs so that you don't look like a fool at the show!
032 x 12" Vinyl
001 x 10" Vinyl
008 x 7" Vinyl
003 x Hooded Sweatshirt
016 x T-shirt
011 x Patch
028 x Band Pin
Yewb  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, I forget my own lyrics half the time. It's cool, it happens to everyone.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
jeffo2448  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
Dude, I forget my own lyrics half the time. It's cool, it happens to everyone.

lol, yeah I know but I think I'm really bad at it. I mean, I don't care that I can't listen to the lyrics and remember them, but a lot of my buddies can recite the whole song sometimes. Eh, whatever I listen for the music anyway.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sort of varies for me. Sometimes I'll be completely unable to remember the lyrics for a song I love, yet I know that goddamn Mission Impossible theme by Limp Bizkit word-perfect despite not having paid much attention to it.

Like you say, maybe it's because the music is my primary focus in songs I like, whereas in the case of the Limp Bizkit song it's basically all words and very little else.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember songs normally without a problem, but when it comes down to my own music, don't ask me what the words are, because it's not like I wrote it or anything.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only remember the words to rap songs for some reason.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very rare for me to pay any attention at all to what the vocalist is saying... I normally don't notice until I'm showing a song to someone else and the lyrics are really embarrasing (see: letting my playlist slip onto some prog-metal while driving around with my girlfriend.)
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
I can only remember the words to rap songs for some reason.

I'm sorry.

FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I have to hear the song for it to jog my memory. As soon as it starts playing I can generally keep up with it.

The funniest thing is I will always remember the lyrics to Fuck the Police and Straight Outta Compton. Now if only I could get my voice to sound like Easy E....

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT

Last edited by Ontwikseltsaar on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Pas26  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was helping my father repair my car today, the radio was on and during 3 hours I could tell when lyrics popped up and could sing them pretty well. For some reason I'm fantastic at learning lyrics.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I hardly remember most of the lyrics I hear. I usually look up lyrics to the songs I listen to. I only know a few song lyrics well, and that's from looking them up and listening to the song numerous times. In some cases, they're nigh impossible to understand.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm typically terrible at remembering lyrics from songs that aren't a little pop-ish. I can remember most Linkin Park songs, seeing as how I grew up listening to the first two albums, and most pop, pop-rock, and the like I listen to I can remember here and there. I think I've got most of Gaga's stuff down so far. For rap, sure I can remember some of the lyrics if I choose to, or if I love the flow/verse. Basically, it depends on the song. If I never really remember the lyrics, sometimes I pay attention to them after a while and see whats what. I hate singing.
Yewb  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to ask... does anyone else find that Megadeth lyrics are really hard to remember? Here's a choice excerpt:

Never knowing if I'd wake up, in a whirlpool, got redundant
And my brain was just some driftwood in a cesspool I became dead
From a rock star to a desk fool was my destiny, someone said
Life's a tidepool taste the water, life's abundant!

I mean, what? Mustaine's lyrics are so convoluted that I find the lyrics to almost any of his songs deceptively hard to remember. Anyone else have this problem?
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: