ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Not remembering lyrics? Is this just me...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Majestic122  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
I just want to ask... does anyone else find that Megadeth lyrics are really hard to remember? Here's a choice excerpt:

Never knowing if I'd wake up, in a whirlpool, got redundant
And my brain was just some driftwood in a cesspool I became dead
From a rock star to a desk fool was my destiny, someone said
Life's a tidepool taste the water, life's abundant!

I mean, what? Mustaine's lyrics are so convoluted that I find the lyrics to almost any of his songs deceptively hard to remember. Anyone else have this problem?

I have real problems with remembering Hook In Mouth. Others, I can manage. I'm particularly proud of knowing Looking Down The Cross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megadeth lyrics are ridiculously hard to memorize outside of Endgame, I think. I've been trying to learn My Last Word's uh, words, for a good couple of months now by every now and then listening to the song on repeat while reading the lyrics to the song each time and as soon as I remove the lyrics I'm back to where I started from. He's just too fast and uses emphasis on strange syllables and I don't get it.

I think Mastodon lyrics are difficult to memorize for the same reasons. Listen to some of the songs on Blood Mountain (even the songs with clean vocals) and read the lyrics here and try to memorize them. The lyrics don't flow very well and don't really lead to one another like most songs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally try to remember songs that have a guitar track, so I usually just make/download a custom and play it over and over (SO MANY THOUGHTS THAT I CAN'T GET OUT OF MY HEAD! I TRY TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU, EVERYTIME I DO I FEEL DEAD! If you get this reference, I'll love you forever.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
Twang  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, man. I don't pay particular attention to lyrics when I listen to music. Just doesn't seem important to me. Though I agree with the fellow who only remembers rap lyrics. This is because with rap, the lyrics are pretty much the focus.

Bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
Llednik  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have an issue with remembering lyrics. I usually don't even know the choruses to my favorite songs. For myself it's definitely because I'm interested in the music and not the words. This is why I can't enjoy rap,country,other lyric based music. Not insulting those genres but they're not for me.

toymachine wrote:
Fuck the mainstream- moar shred, and cheesy metal visuals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Llednik
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolute shit at memorizing lyrics, and on the songs I actually do know the lyrics to, I can't remember what order they go in, or I'll forget a line or two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: