ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
FGFC: can regular expert FCs be mixed with X+ FCs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: FGFC: can regular expert FCs be mixed with X+ FCs? Reply with quote

EDIT

Last edited by Ontwikseltsaar on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: FGFC: can regular expert FCs be mixed with X+ FCs? Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
The point is: What if I end up having all songs FC'd on regular expert with a select few only FC'd on X+? Would it count as a FGFC?

From one viewpoint, you might think X+ is another difficulty than regular X, and just like how a FGFC on X doesn't account for one on hard, if you want a FGFC on expert, you should have all FCs on regular X, regardless of whether or not you have the FC on X+.

From the other side, though, one might argue that X+ still carries the label "expert" for a reason: it's the same as expert, but a few notes are added. In that case, you might say that if you fc'd a song on X+, it does account for a regular X FC, since you did actually play the X chart, only you played a little bit more.

Just throwing my opinion out here as well: the Expert chart of Scream Aim Fire is the exact same as the Hard chart, except with some notes added (like a lot of songs in GH:M). Most will agree that FC'ing Scream Aim Fire on Expert won't count towards a Hard FGFC, which is basically the same idea I'm having with Expert+ FC's counting towards an Expert FGFC.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)

Last edited by WarlordTm on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you have to do them on regular X. This is the way the list has been done for unFC'd drum songs, the entire Fall of Troy pack was done by Sulfurus on X+ before regular X, but those songs remained on (X) the list until someone got them on X.

I would personally give them to you, but idk about the rest of the community.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think it should be the option of whoever is playing them as to whether they want their X or X+ FC to count towards their FGFC. Looks at Sulfurus' record in GH5, he just flat out didn't FC the X version of No One To Depend On and Deadbolt last time I checked. And then he did the harder ones like Demons (X) to say he has 83/85 GH5 songs FC on Band Hero.

This nomenclature is getting too ridiculous to me. Regardless of what other's will think, if I want to say I have 80/85 FCs in GH5, using Deadbolt and Medicate on their X+ tracks then I'm going to do it. For more reasons than one.

Scream Aim Fire isn't what is meant by taking out notes. X+ simply adds the left foot pedal into the song, unlike adding in/taking out notes during the rolls. The X chart and the X+ charts are identical minus only left foot notes. Plus, there are not chart differences like what is normal seen between difficulties, ie turning a into a from hard to expert. Since the whole "its basically the +1 chart minus a few notes" can apply to really anything, look at Purple Haze (H) it's not that they removed x amounts of notes, its that they locked all the rolls to only 16th notes.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I really think it should be the option of whoever is playing them as to whether they want their X or X+ FC to count towards their FGFC. Looks at Sulfurus' record in GH5, he just flat out didn't FC the X version of No One To Depend On and Deadbolt last time I checked. And then he did the harder ones like Demons (X) to say he has 83/85 GH5 songs FC on Band Hero.

This nomenclature is getting too ridiculous to me. Regardless of what other's will think, if I want to say I have 80/85 FCs in GH5, using Deadbolt and Medicate on their X+ tracks then I'm going to do it. For more reasons than one.

This pretty much sums it up. I mean, I could get NOTDO but what's the point? I only even played it on X when moose griefed me to put a score in. One shouldn't be penalised for FCing the song on what is technically the hardest difficulty (X+). FCing on anything above hard counts, imo. Same thing as when it was agreed that DM FC's count regardless of game. DWEDFN and Demon(s) are still the same charts, they just work on BH.
Warhiem wrote:
I would say that you have to do them on regular X. This is the way the list has been done for unFC'd drum songs, the entire Fall of Troy pack was done by Sulfurus on X+ before regular X, but those songs remained on (X) the list until someone got them on X.

If I could play the broken engine with any degree of skill, I could have done them on X too, but where's the fun?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in some situations, this should be allowed. it really depends on the song because its not always just "adding the left foot". if it is just adding the left foot then it should count towards an X FC. Blood and Thunder comes to mind for this category.

however, there are songs like Laid to Rest where they give it a goofy rhythm on X when X+ is a smooth, steady stream of bass notes. there's "technically" half the bass notes charted, but i'd say it takes a slightly different skill or technique to do it, and thus an X+ shouldnt count as an X.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoalfieldRocker wrote:
in some situations, this should be allowed. it really depends on the song because its not always just "adding the left foot". if it is just adding the left foot then it should count towards an X FC. Blood and Thunder comes to mind for this category.

however, there are songs like Laid to Rest where they give it a goofy rhythm on X when X+ is a smooth, steady stream of bass notes. there's "technically" half the bass notes charted, but i'd say it takes a slightly different skill or technique to do it, and thus an X+ shouldnt count as an X.

The same thing with Painkiller, even though the solo will never be FC'ed on Expert+, the chorus is MUCH easier on X+ compared to X
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing I wondered about: If you want to get the FGFC on X+, should you also have to FC all the regular X songs? This is the complete opposite of what has been discussed up until now: In this case X+ FCs don't count towards a XFGFC, but FCs on regular X count towards a X+FGFC.

CoalfieldRocker wrote:

I don't agree. For example, what you can do to bypass the polyrhythm, is play it with two pedals, while not having the extra pedal connected to the drumset. Ralph did this in his BatH FC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_LcYpf7Kqk#t=3m33s That link will take you to the polyrhythm in Drum Solo A on regular expert. You see both his feet move, but the left pedal isn't connected. This means that in this case, there is not much of a difference between the difficulties.

mbnasir6 wrote:
The same thing with Painkiller, even though the solo will never be FC'ed on Expert+, the chorus is MUCH easier on X+ compared to X

Off-topic: Isn't the chorus of Painkiller just as hard (or even easier, considering the engine) as the RB version? (I don't have GHVH) Because I hear everybody complaining about it, but I can play the RB version of the chorus fine (=

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoalfieldRocker wrote:

It's still a polyrhythm. Your feet are playing 8th note triplets instead of quarter note triplets, while your hands are doing quarters. I.e. adding in a second pedal.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:

mbnasir6 wrote:

Off-topic: Isn't the chorus of Painkiller just as hard (or even easier, considering the engine) as the RB version? (I don't have GHVH) Because I hear everybody complaining about it, but I can play the RB version of the chorus fine (=

No way, the bass is much faster, the bass in the RB2 Chorus is undercharted even for single pedal. The chorus is faster than the verses, but in RB2 they chart it as if it was slower
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I wouldn't count any X+ FC's towards and X FC count, or X FC's in an X+ FGFC

To me an X FGFC is all the Xpert songs FC'd
and X+ FGFC would be an FC of all songs that offer the X+ option (i.e. 9/9 X+ FC's on GH5)
Though, I definitely wouldn't discredit any X FGFC that involved some of the songs being FC'd on X+, it's only making it harder, (unless you're playing GH5 of course)

It's basically up to you to decide, I'm personally pretty picky when it comes to whether it's official or not (I mean, if I were in the position, I wouldn't let myself claim FGFC, just cuz I want it to feel official in my eyes), but I wouldn't object to you claiming an X FGFC if a few songs were done on X+ instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: