Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ScoreHero Leagues Season 11, Anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: ScoreHero Leagues Season 11, Anyone? Reply with quote

It's been almost a year since we announced that leagues would not be returning, but the break may have been just what we needed to refresh the interest.

For those new to ScoreHero or unaware of the past leagues, the basics are explained here. In a nutshell ScoreHero leagues were a really fun way to encourage focused competition across a variety of games and gameplay methods with those who are of a similar skill level.

After discussion with the staff and now that semesters are coming to an end with no major game releases until the end of the year, a few of us will have the time to manage league again. However, there's a few concerns that need to be addressed beforehand.
  1. We want to be sure there's enough interest. Part of the reason leagues came to an end was due to the consistent drop-off in participation of later rounds, such that by the time the playoffs began there were only a few active members remaining in each division. That's no fun, and if we go through the effort to make this happen again we want for it to be worth it.

2. We will probably need volunteer help for League Commissioners outside the SH staff to help things run smoothly. Ideally we'd select from those who have participated in, or are at least familiar with past ScoreHero leagues. Knowledge of scoring engines and platform differences is also a plus. The most important requirement would be availability to consistently set up rounds and/or post league updates a few times per week. If you'd like to help, reply with your interest and we may contact you if things move forward.

This topic is mainly to gauge interest and resources to decide if we should start a new season; it's not to discuss which specific leagues you'd like to see run yet (that'd be the next step).

Let us know your thoughts and hopefully we'll bring back the fun this summer!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's do this. Bring back one of the best parts of ScoreHero.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea! I'd be all for it depending which games the league includes.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really dove into Leagues before, but I'd be willing to check it out if it comes back.
lor00  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only did one of these in S10...cause I hadn't found scorehero yet when S9 started.

I would love gh2x/ghshxg ! I would do any of that commissioner stuff to get either going if needed
sean2490  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interested in this. I just need to remember how to squeeze again.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YES YES, please bring back leagues, they were so great. I have plenty of time to help things along if you need an extra pair of hands. I guess I should try and time my GH3 tournament to end before leagues begin again, assuming that there is enough interest and they do come back.

I do have one suggestion though, even though you said your not ready for this type of feed back yet. If we do bring back leagues, there should be less selection, I think that was part of the reason there was little participation, because there was too much to focus on.

This is similar to the issue of making RBN scoretracking competitve, in that if you just included everything the scores would be spread out too much and it would essentially become a race to merely input scores for as many songs as possible.

Paralleling this argument back to leagues, with less choices to make, the competition will become more focused and we will have a more successful season.

In closing, yes I'm interested in leagues, and yes I'm willing to volunteer my help if needed.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I greatly enjoyed the two (three?) seasons of league play I was involved in, and would love to be able to get back into leagues for the excitement and competition - it'd be a reason to play GH again!

Definitely (Y) on this one.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
dustinkraft  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interestd :]
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YES YES YES YES!

Some of my most memorable moments GH/RB-related have been from the Leagues. I gotta admit that this kind of came out of nowhere, but I'm glad it did now since I'm off for summer break in 4 days so I'll actually be on a set schedule rather than the random schedule I'm on during the school year.

Are there going to be any changes to how they were run than they were in the more recent seasons? Would you be up for some suggestions for this season, or do you basically have everything figured out assuming the community wants them back (can't imagine they wouldn't ).

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite interested. I need to submit scores again.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see a nice response so far! As I said this is mainly to gauge interest now that we have the time available to make it happen.

We're certainly open to suggestions and nothing is written in stone yet. But I can't imagine we'd be drastically changing the league format, and will likely be using the league interface tools which Deimos had developed for the more recent seasons.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If brought back I think it would be a good idea to drastically cut back the number of leagues to have more people per league.
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to check out S11 but then they cancelled it D:

It would be great to see leagues return

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I would be totally willing to participate in the leagues if they came back.

Since there are so many new games and instruments now, I feel like they have to be organized carefully. Instead of trying to make all games/instruments available for a season, limit it to a few so that interest isn't spread too far around, and all games get a decent chance for at least one league. In past seasons I believe it took like 2 rounds of elimination of leagues. Only allow like 2 band games (with all instruments/band play) and one guitar-only game (co-op possibly) to be chosen. This way players of less popular instruments (like vox) could still get a league going whereas the interest may be spread between multiple games but not enough to create one league if all games are made available.

If none of that makes sense, I'll try to explain better.

Last edited by llamaman2 on Sun May 02, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: