ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Tour or Band Hero?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antUndead  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: World Tour or Band Hero? Reply with quote

My birthday is in July, and like most people, I plan purchases months ahead of time. Basically, my mom just gives me cash and I buy whatever. Not very personal, but at least everyone's happy. Anyway, I'm under the understanding that the full Band Hero set includes new drums. I can pick up Band Hero for 130 or buy a standalone World Tour kit for 100. I know nothing of these kits, as I've never used either one, and Google serves nary a comparison. I'm a Rock Band guy, but I've been tempted by the GH selection of metal. Can anyone provide a comprehensive comparison of kits, or tell me by experience which kit is worth my money?
CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm this is better off in the "Hardware" forum but drums isnt exactly a bad spot for it.

anyways, i havent heard much about the BH kit since it was released...with WT kit you're probly going to have to invest money in it in order to play competitively unless you get ridiculously lucky and get a great one that doesnt drop any hits at all.

i love my WT kit but hate that i've had to spend money in order to get decent FC's. somebody that plays a BH kit might be able to tell you more about it tho

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the whole band kit (again...) for 89.99$ at gamestop. You could check places with lots of inventory to get a better deal , plus more instruments for cheaper.

But, what system is this for? Because, as far as I know and have seen, there's no Band Hero kit released in the U.S. for xbox or ps3. So unless you have the Wii, Band Hero kit isn't an option. Even then, I still haven't seen BH kits for Wii.

as far as reliability, the new WT kit I got as been holding up really well. at first I couldn't get the sensitivity right, but that kinda just went away.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
antUndead  

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
But, what system is this for? Because, as far as I know and have seen, there's no Band Hero kit released in the U.S. for xbox or ps3. So unless you have the Wii, Band Hero kit isn't an option.

Really? My mom has a Wii, but I'd prefer to have this on 360. Sigh, I guess I'll just stick to 4-lane charts.
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antUndead wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:
But, what system is this for? Because, as far as I know and have seen, there's no Band Hero kit released in the U.S. for xbox or ps3. So unless you have the Wii, Band Hero kit isn't an option.

Really? My mom has a Wii, but I'd prefer to have this on 360. Sigh, I guess I'll just stick to 4-lane charts.

Sell your RB drums and get ION Drums, best drums you can get
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbnasir6 wrote:
antUndead wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

that is good and all but *cough* money *cough*

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been through 3 ghwt sets myself. Then I picked up the bandhero kit for wii. Loving every moment of it. After resoldering and tons of mods just to make my wt set WORK, the BH set is a godsend. And if you practice enough, you wont need to invest any more money to compete fine.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
mbnasir6 wrote:
antUndead wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

that is good and all but *cough* money *cough*

*cough* he gets money for his birthday, which he said in the OP *cough*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: