Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Parts trade anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teancum  

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Parts trade anyone? Reply with quote

I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone bites, but I recently got 4 pallets of Guitar Hero World Tour parts 100% free, as the wholesaler only took what was 100% working out of the box to repackage and sell. I am in the process of going through it and building working instruments for family and friends, and selling a few complete kits/guitars here locally to pay for Halo: Reach. However, I know I'm going to have some extras, so if anyone needs parts I'd be willing to trade. I will sell if I have to, but I always like trading better. If you're interested in something let me know.

As of right now it looks like I'll have the following once I'm done Frankenstiening guitars and drums together:
  • Tons of cymbal nuts, with the yellow/orange sleeves
  • Generic stickers + Xplorer stickers
  • A number of untested World Tour necks (which I will test if someone needs one)
  • PS3 drum "controller brains" (not the midi controller)
  • PS3 wireless drum receivers (lots of these)
  • Red, Blue and Green pads with wires attached
  • Drum midi assembly (both electronic boards)
  • Red, Blue and Green pads w/o wiring (untested)
  • The flip-up clips on either side of the blue pad (drums) to hold your drum sticks
  • Several drum pedals (stock) -have mostly Guitar Hero but a few RB1 and RB2 pedals
  • Misc drum stand parts. I probably won't have any complete stands left, but if you need a particular part I can probably dig and find one
  • Unopened guitar straps
  • Drum stick pairs (I have about 80 drum sticks total). I'm willing to throw those in with something else to make a trade fair
  • Wii "controller brains" (where you put in the Wiimote. Technically the Wiimote is the brain)
  • 360 controller brains (possibly. I'm trying to build mostly 360 units, but can save one if someone'd like)
  • PS3 controller brains (also have wired brains from kiosk demo drum sets)
  • 3 PS3 Les Paul that do not sync

***Just a note, all controller "brains" are interchangeable. So if you want to make your 360 drum set a Wii drum set, contact me and we can hook you up with a Wii "brain". It involves unscrewing three screws, unplugging the old brain, plugging the new one in, and screwing the screws back in. It's extremely simple.

I also might be willing to trade the following confirmed working and 100% complete stuff:

• Multiple PS2 Kramer and World Tour guitars
  • Refurbed GHWT drums for 360/Wii (also tuned with Red Octane's app and a MIDI->USB cable to ensure good hits)
  • An ungodly amount of microphones, all working. Seriously, I probably have 20+ working mics (all Guitar Hero brand). They work on all platforms for the GH games and as a PC mic.

I'm not sure what I'd trade for, I don't want for much - but I figured maybe someone out there could use some of this stuff and I could package a group of things up in exchange for something. (USA shipping only) I guess if anyone has any original Xbox controllers I can always use those as we have several friends that have them since they're so cheap now. Other than that just any old game that you don't play, system doesn't matter. I'll find someone who'll want it. Oh, and Rock Band 1 drum silencing pads. I know some of ya'll make em, and a buddy just got RB1 for cheap, but those things are so doggone loud!

If nobody's interested it's no biggie, but again, I thought I'd throw it out there. Oh, and sorry if this is in the wrong spot - I may have overlooked a forum to trade on.

Last edited by Teancum on Tue May 18, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any 360 Les Pauls, please DM (private message me) here or on twitter. I have a few LP's from different systems I can trade/pay for, as well as a PS2/3 RB1 drum brain and some RB Strat Parts...I mainly need a bottom half of a 360 Les Paul (has to turn on, fully functional strumming and whammy is a must, secure wire connections essential as well. Don't worry about the neck.)

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Teancum  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm picking up two more pallets tomorrow, so I'll let you know what I find as far as 360 LP gear. Right now I only have two LPs in my garage, both PS3, with one neck missing. One's GH3, one Aerosmith. I'd be really interested in Strat parts, particularly if any are RB2 (especially with the sunburst paintjob). Oh, I updated the first post with some more parts, as well as a list of stuff I have that's complete and working in case you're interested. I'll know more about what's going to clutter my garage once I get those pallets home, but that's a good start.
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I need any parts. Out of curiosity, where did you get these parts from? I'd love to have my own source of parts (especially RB2 guitar and drum parts).

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap....you have the wii brain? god I want that so much but I dont have much to trade...

EDIT: read what you trade for, def able to get some wii games (or ps2 wallace and grommit )

Guitar Hero Expert FCs?
GH1-26 ~ GH2-2 2 ~ GH80s-18 ~ GH3-\(0_o)/
The amazing customs songs I've made and charted...
youtube.com/w1mz11
Gio  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play any games outside of Guitar Hero so I wouldnt have much to trade for but if you were to sell me either a 360 rock band 2 drum set or a 360 world tour drum set what would be the price on either one?
Teancum  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
Very cool. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I need any parts. Out of curiosity, where did you get these parts from? I'd love to have my own source of parts (especially RB2 guitar and drum parts).

There's a local wholesaler here in Indianapolis called Green Is Good. They buy bulk of store returns, etc and combine broken parts to make one good whole. They deal mostly in office furniture, but tried Guitar Hero stuff on a whim. When they realized they couldn't get much out of it, they sold it to me for $20 USD for six pallets. There was a lot of junk to sift through and I still have to pick up the last two pallets, but so far I've built four working World Tour drum sets from these parts (albeit I'm still waiting on a USB--MIDI cable so I can fine tune them) and four Xbox 360 World Tour guitars. I've also got a tons of 100% intact PS2/PS3 stuff I gotta test but I'll have to find someone's PS2 to borrow first. What surprised me thus far is that though I have several Wii drum sets to build from, I haven't seen a single Wii guitar yet.

There's been a few "Hey, this is sorta cool" gems too. I've got 3 wired PS3 sets, which I can only assume were from a kiosk demo, as they're the only sets that use security torx screws. They're interesting - normally the wires for the pads are color coded, but these are red for all three pads. They've also got white plastic rings to push into the set, as opposed to the normal black ones. I also have a Rock Band kiosk demo disc, but I haven't had a chance to try it out, as it's in the other pallets.

Anyways, I figured since Scorehero's been good to me and since there's arguably no better place to pass parts around that I've got lying around after hybriding bad guitars/drums back together. I've seen the parts on eBay, but they just don't seem to sell well.

Jayhero wrote:
holy crap....you have the wii brain? god I want that so much but I dont have much to trade...

EDIT: read what you trade for, def able to get some wii games (or ps2 wallace and grommit )

We can definitely do something like that. There's not much to the Wii brains but some of them I haven't tested so I'd probably send you two for safety's sake. I've got plenty.

Gio wrote:
I don't play any games outside of Guitar Hero so I wouldn't have much to trade for but if you were to sell me either a 360 rock band 2 drum set or a 360 world tour drum set what would be the price on either one?

Well, I can get 15 bucks for a World Tour set at a local gaming store, which is what I would sell it for. The expensive part would probably be in the shipping depending on where you live in relation to Indianapolis. What is your zip code? I can look up shipping.

For the next few weeks just keep me in mind unless ya'll just need a specific part (like the Wii brain). My garage is a mess so I promised my wife I'd work on fixing and selling complete sets first. Please keep posting what you're interested in and I'll keep you informed of when I can start parting out stuff.

**Oh, and if I have to resort to selling rather than trading (selling is always tough because you don't want a person to feel you cheated them, trading is easy since the person usually doesn't want what they get rid of anyways) my goal is to make my prices cheaper than any "Buy it Now" listings you see on eBay. For instance right now there's a green pad w/wire for 4.99 + 5.99 shipping. I'm pretty sure I can do better than that. I haven't looked much into shipping costs, but as far as all these small parts go I'm not really out to make fat cash, just a couple of bucks here and there.
Teancum  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're in the process of testing what came in the last two pallets. My friend is doing most of the testing, and I'm running inventory. Dunno how that happened, but hey, I'm the one who knows how the guts of these things work inside and out. Anyways, we've got some great stuff.

There's no pressure, but if anyone needs something from there let me know. I'm going to start selling off the working stuff locally, so please let me know what you want and if possible list an offer of XX dollars (your offer should include any shipping costs). Again, I'm not out to rip anyone off, so feel free to offer what you think is fair, even if I think its low. The worst I can say is no.

I also have a 360 World Tour game sleeve and manual. The game was damaged beyond repair, but the manual and sleeve look brand new.

Last edited by Teancum on Wed May 19, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a 360 controller brain I would greatly appreciate it. Mine crapped out recently.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick important note for this thread.

Do not discuss the terms of any transaction here including trades or other compensation for the parts, especially about money. Any transactions should be arranged by Private Messages.

I am leaving this thread active because I feel that random parts are very hard to come by and this can be helpful for a lot of people. Thanks again to Teancum for the offer.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POKE-JJ wrote:
If you have a 360 controller brain I would greatly appreciate it. Mine crapped out recently.

World Tour I assume? Sure, I've got plenty. I haven't tested them all, so I'll send you two or three so you'll have better luck getting one to work. Can you wait a week or two? I'm still cleaning up/repairing full kits, but I'll set the brains aside for you.

BriGuy wrote:
Just a quick important note for this thread.

Do not discuss the terms of any transaction here including trades or other compensation for the parts, especially about money. Any transactions should be arranged by Private Messages.

I am leaving this thread active because I feel that random parts are very hard to come by and this can be helpful for a lot of people. Thanks again to Teancum for the offer.

My pleasure. It's nice to give back to Scorehero for once. And I totally agree. If you want something in here you can let me know, but don't give out addresses or details or anything like that. Just request a part and once I get to the point of getting rid of parts I'll be happy to PM you to start the transaction. It's safer that way, plus it doesn't clutter up my thread.
Teancum  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, add 1 PS3 Les Paul and 2 Wii Rock Band guitars that do not sync (one Wii guitar is a rebuild *missing buttons on neck* and so now has a Rock Band 2 neck, the other is a Rock Band 2 guitar). The Les Paul looks like its never ever been played. I've also got a box of parts for the Strats. Dirty pickguards (but not cracked), two broken 360 wired controllers (don't know the issue), one PS3 wireless guitar (some wires cut) - looks like a V4 layout, PS3 sync dongle.

Also I'm thinking of parting out World Tour stuff in "repair kits".

• 2 Red pads (1 w/wire, 1 w/o)
  • 2 Blue pads (1 w/wire, 1 w/o)
  • 2 Green pads (1 w/wire, 1 w/o)
  • 1 Yellow cymbal wire (wire only)
  • 1 Orange cymbal wire (wire only)
  • 1 replacement drumstick clip (screws in from the back)
  • 1 replacement controller brain (based on what you need - PS2/PS3, 360 or Wii) --TESTED AND CONFIRMED WORKING

I don't know, is that appealing to anyone? It helps me get things out of the garage faster, and hopefully gives folks what they'd need to infinitely repair their World Tour drums. I don't want to go nuts throwing out prices, so let's just say a few bucks plus whatever it would cost to ship to you ---OR--- preferably we would trade. PC parts, console parts/games, you name it I'm probably interested. In that case no money is exchanged, each person pays their own shipping. As a sign of good faith I will ship first on my first transaction with a given users. Anyone think this is a good idea?
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. If you'd like to discuss a possible transaction feel free to PM me.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***removed*** -- parts sold

Last edited by Teancum on Wed May 19, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teancum wrote:
[I also have two 360 wired guitars]

no wireless?

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: