ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
BobDole's Thread (Chimera bass FC, PB guitar choke -2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: BobDole's Thread (Chimera bass FC, PB guitar choke -2) Reply with quote

This thread will only list the Rock Revolution FCs because it is on the Rock Revolution side. However, here are my current totals across the 3 rhythm game series that I play. Note that I only really care about guitar, so the numbers all represent guitar FCs only.

Guitar Hero FCs = 1144
Rock Band FCs = 2659
Rock Revolution FCs = 43
Total FCs = 3846

Click here for Guitar Hero Accomplishments
Click here for Rock Band Accomplishments

The lists below are organized by games/catergories (this will make more sense if you take a look at the headings).

Rock Revolution (37/41)

1. All the Small Things
2. Dirty Little Secret
3. Sk8er Boi
4. Blitzkrieg Bop
5. Cum On Feel the Noize
6. Dr. Feelgood
7. All My Life
8. No One Like You
9. Pain
10. Run to the Hills
11. Paralyzer
12. We're Not Gonna Take It
13. Round and Round
14. Somebody Told Me
15. Falling Away From Me
16. Our Truth
17. Bad Reputation
18. Are You Gonna Be My Girl
19. Heading Out to the Highway
20. Dance Dance
21. Magic Man
22. Spoonman
23. Diary of Jane
24. Youth Gone Wild
25. Last Resort
26. Stone Cold Crazy
27. Detroit Rock City
28. Won't Get Fooled Again
29. Given Up
30. Walk
31. The Joker and the Thief
32. The Spirit of Radio
33. White Room
34. The End of Heartache
35. Highway Star
36. Kiss Me Deadly
37. Pull Me Under

Rock Revolution DLC (6/12)

1. Death Real
2. She's the Bug
3. Mouth for War
4. My Only Shining Star
5. This Love
6. Chimera

Also doing bass; these FCs don't count towards the totals at the top:

On-Disc:

1. All the Small Things
2. Bad Reputation
3. Diary of Jane
4. No One Like You
5. Pain
6. Magic Man
7. Our Truth
8. Dirty Little Secret
9. Youth Gone Wild
10. Given Up
11. Somebody Told Me
12. Run to the Hills
13. Last Resort
14. Round and Round
15. Kiss Me Deadly
16. Dr. Feelgood
17. The Joker and the Thief
18. Highway Star
19. Blitzkrieg Bop
20. Falling Away From Me
21. Detroit Rock City
22. Heading Out to the Highway
23. Dance Dance
24. Won't Get Fooled Again
25. Are You Gonna Be My Girl
26. Sk8er Boi
27. Cum on Feel the Noize
28. Spoonman
29. We're Not Gonna Take It
30. Paralyzer
31. White Room
32. The End of Heartache
33. Stone Cold Crazy

DLC:

1. My Only Shining Star
2. I'm Broken
3. No Pain, No Gain
4. Mouth for War
5. Cemetery Gates
6. This Love
7. 5 Minutes Alone
8. Death Real
9. Chimera

Last edited by BobDole on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:03 am; edited 198 times in total
sean2490  

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That total fc count is nuts. Both those hair metal songs at 5 and 6 are pretty great fc's too. Nice stuff so far.

I wish this game would get some more recognition around here though, at least scoretracking would be nice.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised to see that I'm not the only person who (still) watches the Rock Revolution forums. Anyway I have a solos compilation video ready but YouTube clipped it in half (cutting out all of the really good solos in the process since they're in ascending order of difficulty) so I'm trying to re-upload it now. It's only a little over 9 minutes long so it's not over their length limit and I have no idea why they randomly cut it at 4:43. For christ sake my previous video (Magic Man FC) was about a minute longer than that.

The solos included are:

1. Walk
2. White Room
3. Heading Out To the Highway
4. Round and Round
5. Highway Star
6. Cum On Feel the Noize
7. Dr. Feelgood
8. Kiss Me Deadly
9. Still of the Night
10. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Friedman Acoustic Bridge)
11. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Friedman Solo 1)
12. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Friedman Solo 2)
13. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Mustaine Solo)
14. Mouth for War

Obviously all are FCs.

Quote:
I wish this game would get some more recognition around here though, at least scoretracking would be nice.

Also I totally agree with this.

BobDole  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well YouTube for whatever reason is refusing to allow my full solo compilation, so maybe tomorrow I'll just cut it to begin with Dr. Feelgood and upload that instead. That's the first solo in there that I consider difficult and that's also where YouTube cut my original upload, so I think it'll work out pretty well.

Anyways, new FCs:

27. Detroit Rock City
28. Won't Get Fooled Again (not as impressive as you might think; there's no fast strumming in this chart)
29. Given Up (I actually sightread FCed this! amazing considering my suckage at reading on this game)
30. Walk (solo is easy; missed 2 seconds from the end on that damn slow-down once though)

prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job on magic man and dr feelgood :) cool to see some people other than me still playing this
BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Mouth for War FC on video

Quote:
great job on magic man and dr feelgood cool to see some people other than me still playing this

Thanks! By the way, have you FCed Mouth for War yet or am I the first?

Also are you still trying to FC all of the DLC? I feel like you're the only person who plays this game who's even capable of it; some of those songs are CRAZY.

OK first the on-disc crap:

31. The Joker and the Thief (the intro riff is REALLY annoying to play the way they charted it in this game)
32. The Spirit of Radio (all I can say is HOLY UNDERCHART on that intro riff)
33. White Room (easy but fun)
34. The End of Heartache (god I can't stand this song; too long and not really fun at all)

And now the good stuff (DLC):

3. Mouth for War
4. My Only Shining Star

I was going to wait for the Mouth for War video to finish uploading, but it's taking forever so I'll just post now. Check out my YouTube channel for the Mouth for War video when it decides to process and whatnot; I will also upload My Only Shining Star later since that's a pretty decent FC as well (and it was really fun).

And no I didn't fluke Mouth for War; I hit the fast part twice in a row actually. The run before my FC was a -1 in an easy part of the solo.

My Only Shining Star had some tricky strumming but it was all very fun to play and didn't take too long to get. I had a remarkably good sightread on the song too, only missed two notes--one miss in chorus 2 (hardest part IMO) and one miss in the outro.

Last edited by BobDole on Fri May 14, 2010 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
sean2490  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:

Quote:

Also I totally agree with this.

If Final Fantasy XIII gets scoretracking before Rock Revolution, I don't even know what I'll do (nothing against the game, but just... seriously)

So Cemetery Gates Fc coming any time soon? Not sure if it's been done before but it would be a pretty great fc.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouth for War! Epic Pantera FC is epic

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure youre the first to fc mouth for war :)
nice my only shining star and joker and the thief fcs too those can be really annoying to get
how close are you to a holy wars fc?
do you think holy wars should be ranked as harder than mouth for war in the fc breakdown? ive been wondering a bit and im not really sure
think you could get chimaera or no pain no gain? no FCs of those yet afaik
did you get your my only shining star FC on video? id love to see it as i only managed to fc it once off cam
oh and if you wanna go for high scores at some point i can tell you that the best path for all the songs is to activate immediately (it just gives you a point boost the notes where you activate dont matter) and the first activation is always after 159 notes and every 79 after that i think (if you get any goods it takes longer though)
BobDole  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So Cemetery Gates Fc coming any time soon? Not sure if it's been done before but it would be a pretty great fc.

I played it for the first time yesterday, and while I think it's possible for me, don't expect it too soon. The fretting isn't really an issue, but the random strums...yeah. That's going to take some work.

Quote:
pretty sure youre the first to fc mouth for war

Awesome! The main reason I doubted it is because even though I have the only YouTube video of an FC right now, I just couldn't imagine that I had FCed a song that you hadn't (especially since I could tell by your thread and your solo FC video that you had tried to at least some extent).

Quote:
nice my only shining star and joker and the thief fcs too those can be really annoying to get

I actually didn't find My Only Shining Star annoying at all...I mean it wasn't easy, but I loved the song for some reason, so I didn't mind playing it repeatedly (took me about 15 minutes to FC it).

The Joker and the Thief on the other hand...that was annoying as hell. Took about the same amount of time, I just don't find it remotely fun and I don't particularly like the song.

Quote:

how close are you to a holy wars fc?

I haven't honestly tried yet (I mean I've played the song a few times I've just never grinded for an FC), but I wouldn't really say I'm close since it took me a decent amount of time just to hit solo 4 once on video. The strumming riffs I'm not terrible at, but I do need to practice them a bit for consistency. Right now I feel like even I got past solo 4 I would probably miss in the outro. I think I can get it, but I'll probably wait until I get the other 6 on-disc songs (a couple of which I've yet to even play) first. Fortunately I love the song so I won't mind grinding it a lot.
Quote:

do you think holy wars should be ranked as harder than mouth for war in the fc breakdown? ive been wondering a bit and im not really sure

I don't think so. The hard part of Mouth for War is harder than any individual thing in Holy Wars, so if you're really consistent at all of the strumming in Holy Wars (and I can imagine that somebody who has FCed Thrasher bass would be) then your ranking of the two songs makes sense. However, the strumming in Holy Wars is much harder than any non-solo part of Mouth for War, and solo 4 is pretty hard too. Overall I think Holy Wars would be the harder FC for most people, and it's definitely going to be a harder FC for me personally.

Quote:
think you could get chimaera or no pain no gain? no FCs of those yet afaik

I actually haven't played either of those songs yet. I will check them out later though, probably today and see what I can do. DLC songs that I have played are the 4 that I've FCed obviously plus Cemetery Gates (FC possible if I can figure out the random strums) and Model DD8 (probably not capable of FCing without a ton of practice on basically every section in the song).

Concerning Model DD8, that song is insanely hard. I don't think there's anything in it that I'm actually incapable of hitting though, so maybe with some crazy practicing I could FC it. I won't even worry about that until I get the on-disc FGFC though, or at least 40/41.

I do plan to attempt an FC of This Love next since you rank it easier than both My Only Shining Star and Mouth for War, and after that I'll try to finish up on-disc and then check out/work on the hard DLC.

Quote:

did you get your my only shining star FC on video? id love to see it as i only managed to fc it once off cam

Yes

Quote:
oh and if you wanna go for high scores at some point i can tell you that the best path for all the songs is to activate immediately (it just gives you a point boost the notes where you activate dont matter) and the first activation is always after 159 notes and every 79 after that i think (if you get any goods it takes longer though)

I have been aware of the optimal = activate immediately thing for awhile now, but I wasn't aware of the specific note counts needed. I do randomly get goods though (usually not too many, but enough that I'll probably never perfect combo anything) so I guess that would cause problems. Thank you for the information though to tell you the truth I really don't care much for score...I mean I (usually) don't sabotage my score on purpose (for one exception, see my Foreplay/Long Time FC) but for a long time now I've not cared to use correct paths in GH/RB. In RR this basically just means that I don't care to memorize exactly where each activation will happen (relying solely on my relatively slow reflexes instead) and if it happens in the middle of a tricky part I may wait a second or two to use it.

Also here are some videos:

Rock Revolution Solos Part 1/2

This video includes the following solos:

1. Walk
2. White Room
3. Heading Out To the Highway
4. Round and Round
5. Highway Star
6. Cum On Feel the Noize

Rock Revolution Solos Part 2/2

This video contains the following solos:

7. Dr. Feelgood
8. Kiss Me Deadly
9. Still of the Night
10. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Friedman Acoustic Bridge)
11. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Friedman Solo 1)
12. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Friedman Solo 2)
13. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Mustaine Solo)

Mouth for War Solo

This is pretty much totally unnecessary now that I have the full song FC but whatever (note that I posted this video before I FCed the song).

All of those were supposed to be put together into one 9:20 video, but YouTube kept clipping it down for some reason, so I ultimately had to split it up into those 3 parts.

prebensoerensen  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played chimera just now and its way easier than i remembered it to be, im sure you can get that if you want
BobDole  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC FC #5/12:

This Love FC

I got like -17 on the song the first time I made it past the broken note (note that I worked out the broken note in practice mode before I even played the whole song) just because I got so screwed up by the bridge (like 15 of the misses were there, other 2 were random stupid misses later because I didn't care anymore). However, after I took it into practice mode I got the hang of it very quickly, and it was no longer hard.

I tried Chimera today and though I believe I could FC it, it's not going to be easy for me at all. I only played it once though (and it was my first song of the day) so maybe I just wasn't warmed up or something. Anyway, I may try to grind it a bit tomorrow. It's a pretty cool song and not ridiculously long so I don't mind playing it a lot.

Speaking of ridiculously long songs...the two on-disc songs that I hadn't played yet (played them today finally) fit that description very well...both are over 8 minutes I think. Pull Me Under actually doesn't seem that hard at all, it's just long as all hell, but Am I Evil? could cause problems (I am not good at ascending stuff).

Also I got over 1 million in two consecutive runs on Model DD8 (if I recall correctly this is good for second place behind preb). I can hit the verse somewhat consistently now but the strumming in the solos is just crazy hard. Both runs were 4-stars by the way; first run was something like -33 and the second was -38 I believe (keep in mind that in addition to missed notes I most likely overstrummed several times).

By the way I do consider Model DD8 to be pretty cool and fun to play, it's just hard as fuck.

BobDole  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half of the DLC has been FCed now.

Chimera FC

I got a small blister on my right thumb from grinding this song by the way; didn't even notice it until after I FCed though.

Next will probably be an on-disc song; the other 6 DLC songs are all really really hard (I played the rest of them today).

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like you get hardly any responses because this is Rock Revolution. That hardly seems fair, considering how hard some of these charts are and with the completely different engine and REALLY different UI and all. As such, I congratulate you: On being willing to play this game, since no one seems to be, and for FCing crazy insane difficult stuff in it.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
kire  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great job on this FC's, but I'm sad I can't even try this game because of the shitty wii version of the game

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: