ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Easy songs to play in D Standard tuning?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diedeath  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
Sad but True is pretty easy (preeeeeeeeeeeety sure it's Drop D, might be D standard)

Only the low E string is tuned to D, and it would be a pretty easy one to learn. You could also learn Beast and the Harlot, but it's not very easy if you're a beginner or haven't been playing that long. Walk by Pantera is pretty easy. I would also recommend tunning a half-step down, alot of Van Halen and Motley Crue are played in that tunning.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: eddythehead47
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if everyone knows what Drop D is. Standard tuning is EADGBe. Drop D is when you tune the low E string to D. Just thought I'd clarify. (BTW, it takes 30 seconds tops to tune from one to the other)

Sad But true is in D standard. That is when every string is tuned down a whole step (two frets) from E standard.

Lastly, St. Anger anyone?

3926 0220 0199 1364
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioHazardABZ wrote:
jdamillio wrote:

yea im 100% sure, i used the same tab as that one and im playing the same notes in C Standard and it sounds identical

Its actually D standard, Gorjia almost always plays in D standard and it also says D Standard in the info box.

But they are both the same tune, C standard is just a step down from D Standard. so its lower,

we're both wrong. its in B Standard (idk if that exists if not then B Sharp, im bad with tuning names lol). i am now 100,000% sure thats correct. tune down and play it yourself. if you're playing the main riff like it says on the tab, its right.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
BucketBlue  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the System of a Down thing. I actually started guitar doing SoaD songs before going up to D standard, then later Eb standard. They're not too difficult and they're dropped tuning. (Drop C) Sugar is one of their easiest songs by far, and is also my favorite.

munkyzero  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITT: Nobody knows exactly what tuning we're talking about.

EDIT: Wow, for some reason I remembered FreeXBird later saying his guitar was in drop D, but I guess not.

Anyway, he said "D standard". That means all strings tuned down, or DGCFAd, not just the E string tuned down.

Last edited by munkyzero on Sat May 22, 2010 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MunkyZero Wii Friend Code: 154733470839
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkyzero, we're not arguing, im just being dumb and forgot multiple times what tuning i was in unless you're not talking about me

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

munkyzero wrote:
EDIT: Wow, for some reason I remembered FreeXBird later saying his guitar was in drop D, but I guess not.

Anyway, he said "D standard". That means all strings tuned down, or DGCFAd, not just the E string tuned down.

The OP wrote:
Last edited by FreeXBird on 21 May 2010 20:35; edited 2 times in total

I'm positive it originally said Drop D but FreeXBird edited it to say D standard.

Anyway, if you want D standard, one fun little riff is measures 11-18 of Six by All That Remains, minus the tremolo picking (fast strumming), which would look like this:

Code:
d|---------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
a|---------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|
f|-----7------9-----11-12-15-12-11-12----|-----7------9-----11-12-15-12-11-9-7-|
c|---5----7-5-----9----------------------|---5----7-5-----9--------------------|
g|-3----5-------7------------------------|-3----5-------7----------------------|
d|---------------------------------------|-------------------------------------|

jdamillio wrote:
we're both wrong. its in B Standard (idk if that exists if not then B Sharp, im bad with tuning names lol).

Lol, There is no such thing as a B sharp, also written as B# (unless you're talking about Cutco lolololol). The note scale, starting from A for simplicity, is A, A#, B, C, C#, D, D#, E, F, F#, G, G#, A. After every whole note (might be the wrong term, but A, C, G, ect) comes a sharp/ flat. After C is C# (C sharp) or D flat (Db), which are the same note. F#=Gb, A#=Bb, ect. Only B and E don't have a sharp and only C and F don't have a flat. That's just how it is, don't question it. :P

The differant tunings are based off one note: the lowest string when open. In standard tuning (E A D G B e), aka E standard, it's an E. B standard (aka baritone tuning) is B E A D F# B. B# tuning, which would actually be C standard tuning, is C F A# D# G.

Does that clear things up?
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I said Drop D originally, but I meant D Standard. Sorry for the confusion D: I haven't gotten a chance to look at the songs yet (Finals coming up), but I will check them out and any other recommendations to come
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffo2448 wrote:
I've heard that "Heart Shaped Box" is easy in Drop D.

This man disagrees to playing that song.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: