ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Help putting on event

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogmaster  

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Help putting on event Reply with quote

Hello. I'm planning on putting a big video game event in San Antonio. Our focus is on Modern Warfare 2 and Super Street Fighter 4, but I'm having a sort of side event for Rock Band 2. My concern is about organizing it properly, so I came here for a little help.

What I'm looking to do is a 16 band Rock Band 2 event, maybe $20 a band, with 1st and 2nd winning money.

My first concern is about whether doing Rock Band 2 with full bands or simply doing just a Guitar Hero 5 event of just guitars. I say this because of the lack of full bands. The event will be at a bar so I'd like to see a Rock Band 2 setup to go with the bar scene, but I understand that getting bands together to make a good tournament is sometimes tough. We're going to promote this event pretty well, but again, my worry is that if we ask for full bands, we may come up really short.

The next concern is whether people pay for these events. I've looked through several of these threads and a lot of the events are free to enter, winner gets $100 or so. I wouldnt be against that, but I'd rather have people pay to compete in order to get more money and free us from having to put up money.

So I'd like to get some opinions on this, and if there's a link to a standard structure on tournaments, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: