ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
June DLC Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
Oh hey look theres a final week of DLC not mentioned.

inb4BHPack2thattheyretooashamedtoannounceintheactualannouncementjustlikeBHPack1

Oh goddamnit I would have never realized that. I hope they don't do this every month from now on, >_>. Maybe the guys at Beenox love speculation and then love watching the bawwwww'ing when it isn't a RIP Rev pack.

Personally, if they are doing something for the 29th, then I'm already assuming that it will be a poppy track pack.

Think about it - next week we're getting a hard rock/grunge band (Stone Temple Pilots), then you guys are getting the Ouimette stuff, followed by classic metal (Alice Cooper), followed by a pop punk act (All Time Low). So I won't be surprised that we get a purer pop direction taken with the last week at all, no matter how much you guys want to frown upon it.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the lowest blow to wii owners of all time. That second week sounds like the best week of DLC in any game EVER, and we don't even get it.
God damn that's so depressing.

ace5993  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
BioHazardABZ wrote:
StormEagle wrote:
release the free stuff for all consoles or nothing free at all. This is so stupid.

So it's unfair for about 15-20% of DLC buyers to not get free content, But it is fair if 100% of DLC buyers don't get any free songs??

If you think about it... Yes, it is fair! Nobody left out: Fairness.

No you know what is fair? Having the option to get this DLC, by buying an Xbox360 or PS3. Oh wait, you can already do that right? Not enough money/not willing to buy one? I suppose that's not fair either? Say, some people are born with no legs. Why don't you cut your own legs off. Seems to me that's the only fair way. Stop trying to make Activision fix Nintendo's problem.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me echo my post again, for those that just don't get it.

Yes, we Wii people are out of a deal with the Ouimette stuff. And yes, complaining about it isn't going to get us anywhere. But no, we do NOT want people shunting us aside just for playing on the Wii - we chose to be there for a reason, and we are fine with the system we have. No amount of persuasion from any Scorehero peers will prove us otherwise.

Tl,dr: Wii don't tolerate people that take advantage of our situation by completely reducing it to nothing. It would make StormEagle a lot better if you either just leave him alone or reply like the adults we are.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Cowdude7  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we know why RB2 has both free and half-price singles in its Wii store, but Guitar Hero not so much?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Yes, we Wii people are out of a deal with the Ouimette stuff. And yes, complaining about it isn't going to get us anywhere. But no, we do NOT want people shunting us aside just for playing on the Wii - we chose to be there for a reason, and we are fine with the system we have. No amount of persuasion from any Scorehero peers will prove us otherwise.

And that argument is useless against me because I own a Wii too. It is unfortunate that Wii does not get free DLC but if you are a "Wii person", you'll have to deal with it. Every system has drawbacks, but complaining about them isn't going to get you any sympathy since you do have the option to become a "360 person" or a "PS3 person", as I guess you would say. Shoving all console owners into predetermined categories based on the console they CHOOSE to obtain is moronic. I mean, you're basically acting like everyone is forced to get the console they chose.

I don't really care what reason you have for playing exclusively on the Wii but that's your choice, not Activisions. I do sympathize with people who play on Wii that don't get the DLC. But as you said, complaining about it will get you nowhere. However, suggesting to withhold this content from other consoles for ANY reason is just downright offensive and I personally will not stand for it.
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm trying to do tho - I know we may have got the short end of the stick for the DLC but I'm not going to get angry over anything. What DOES anger me though is that when someone DOES try and make a stand for it, all they get in return is a kick in the virtua teeth from their peers. And that's something that I clearly don't want to see amongst us.

As for putting people into categories on consoles we chose, I didn't know how else to describe those that play on that system. I didn't want to brand anyone - it's the only way that I could separate people on one system from people on another.

I know you guys would enjoy the Ouimette stuff at least and that will be something to look forward to, but personally I myself am not in favor of withdrawing all free content at all, far from it. What I do want to see though is some kind of resolution that can make all sides happy. I'm still thankful that Vicarious Visions do a lot to get the best out of the Wii releases of each game, and I still hope that this trend can somewhat continue/expand.

superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK lets lay this DLC Wii argument down on possible ways to solve it

first there is the buy another console option, if one was going to take that route then we can work it out like this

say one you had to get a PS3 in order to get DLC, and you would want to buy a pre-owned one for roughly £100
then you would have to buy GH5 or BH either with a standalone guitar or in a lot of cases the full band kit, which would cost another £120

or on the other hand Activision could just charge us for the pack, at say £5 to all consoles (since Nintendo's stance on the no free DLC isn't likely to change)

so the only options are for every Wii Owner who wants to play free DLC to spend £220 (plus £40 a year if they want a 360 with XBL)

or for Activision to charge us for a small amount, they make extra profit and everyone gets to enjoy Steve Ouimette's godliness

now saying that console owners should be labelled into groups is indeed retarded, but to suggest that Wii owners should stop complaining because they can just get another console (which in a LOT of cases, they simply cant afford to) really is fucking stupid

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
OK lets lay this DLC Wii argument down on possible ways to solve it

first there is the buy another console option, if one was going to take that route then we can work it out like this

say one you had to get a PS3 in order to get DLC, and you would want to buy a pre-owned one for roughly £100
then you would have to buy GH5 or BH either with a standalone guitar or in a lot of cases the full band kit, which would cost another £120

or on the other hand Activision could just charge us for the pack, at say £5 to all consoles (since Nintendo's stance on the no free DLC isn't likely to change)

so the only options are for every Wii Owner who wants to play free DLC to spend £220 (plus £40 a year if they want a 360 with XBL)

or for Activision to charge us for a small amount, they make extra profit and everyone gets to enjoy Steve Ouimette's godliness

now saying that console owners should be labelled into groups is indeed retarded, but to suggest that Wii owners should stop complaining because they can just get another console (which in a LOT of cases, they simply cant afford to) really is fucking stupid

yeah, totally agree with you, but I think most of those people think money grows on trees right?

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already own 4 guitars and 2 drumset and ~200 songs DLC (imorts included) so a change for me would be stupid anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:

Yes which the PS3 owner had ALREADY PAID FOR. Let's look at it like this. Take SSBB for example. Wii exclusive right? Let's ban it on Wii because Nintendo doesn't allow it on other consoles. BAW BAW BAW!!!1!! I'll counter the two possible arguments here before they actually occur.

1. WTF comparing a game to a pack of DLC doesn't make sense!?!

Actually I'm just comparing two items that Nintendo has chosen to not make available to certain systems. Seems pretty similar to me.

2. If the Wii version has a lesser game experience due to no free DLC allowed why is the price the same as the 360 and PS3 versions of the game?

Because Activision has nothing to do with the fact that Nintendo doesn't allow free DLC, as opposed to the PS2 version, which DOES NOT meet the same standards as the other three versions of the game and thus is cheaper.

Bottom line: Stop bitching at Activision to stop releasing free DLC to the majority of people just because you bought a different game system from them and cannot access it on yours. Start bitching at Nintendo to start allowing more free stuff to be uploaded on their store (which is what I am aware some of you are doing). What you are doing is trying to take away the fun of others, fun that they have paid for and are expecting to continue to be provided, in the name of "fairness". Just because one cell phone is faster than another doesn't mean the faster phone should be made slower.

Bottom line is that you paid for a gaming experience when you chose a console. If you're unsatisfied with it, buy a new one. If you can't afford it, tough luck, make more money. It sounds cold but that's just the way the world works. The world isn't a fair place in case you haven't noticed.
Garwood  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I heard there was discussion about the June DLC going on in here.

I guess I was wrong.

21st Century Schizoid Man 5* X+ Drums [x]
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garwood wrote:
So I heard there was discussion about the June DLC going on in here.

I guess I was wrong.

every time a FREE DLC announcement comes up, a huge Wii vs 360 vs PS3 bashing comes up. im wondering why its not an instant Locked thread as soon as the announcement is made. seriously, what other than OMG "MY FAV ARTIST OF ALL TIME" or "MEH, REPEATS" or "FINALLY BEEN ABOUT TIME THEY COME TO GH" or "2 GOOD WEEKS, 2 MEH WEEKS" can be said ? im sick of seeing people bawing at stuff or complaining everytime at anything. this dosent add to the discussion and it totally polute the thread. this is against SH policies as far as i know.....

anyway, just a thought. but no discussion, IMO, should be made after a Month DLC Announcement.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a 360 now!!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pathetic. EVERY god damned week we get free DLC we get the same bitching from every Wii owner out there. Either complain to Nintendo, get another console or keep it to yourself! We don't want to hear it! There's nothing anyone browsing this forum can do about it! Yes, it's unfair, but god damn...

Back to the DLC, YES. My jaw dropped when I saw the anthem pack...I love this world.

Be real men, Wii owners. Get a non-novelty console
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: