ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero 2 Is Coming in October! (Gaga, Deadmau5, Chem. Bros)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: DJ Hero 2 Is Coming in October! (Gaga, Deadmau5, Chem. Bros) Reply with quote

Quote:

Two Turntables and a Microphone, Freestyle Gameplay and Host of Chart-Topping Hits From World's Hottest Artists Highlight Sequel to #1 New Videogame IP of 2009

Soundtrack to Spin Beats From Dr. Dre, The Chemical Brothers, Kanye West, Metallica, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Over 85 Others

Award Winning Producer Deadmau5 Joining the Crew as In-Game Playable Character

Free Download of Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" Mixed With Deadmau5's "Ghosts 'n' Stuff" Offered to Celebrate Announcement

SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 8 /PRNewswire/ -- This fall, living rooms will transform into nightclubs letting budding beat chemists, singing sensations and all of their friends party together by firing up two turntable controllers and a microphone to experience their favorite music as they've never heard it before in Activision Publishing Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) DJ Hero® 2 – the follow-up to the #1 new videogame intellectual property of 2009, DJ Hero®. Picking up where the award-winning DJ Hero soundtrack left off, DJ Hero 2 spins together the hottest tracks blazing up the charts and legendary club anthems from the biggest artists in pop, dance and hip hop including Dr. Dre, The Chemical Brothers, Kanye West, Metallica, Lady Gaga, Rihanna and over 85 others. Fueling the party will be a host of all-new social multiplayer game modes and innovative freestyle gameplay giving virtual DJ's the ability to crossfade, scratch and sample in over 70 speaker-blowing mashups from the hottest DJ's and Producers around the world, including Deadmau5 – part of dance music's elite – who will be starring as an in-game playable character.

To celebrate the announcement, DJ Hero owners and all of their friends will have the opportunity to download, spin, scratch and battle a mix from DJ Hero 2 as downloadable content. The mix features the sultry sounds of Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" Mixed With the blistering beats of Deadmau5's "Ghosts 'n' Stuff." The mix will be available for free from June 8-14 on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

"DJ Hero was the best music game of 2009 and with DJ Hero 2 we're delivering a new easy to pick-up, challenging-to-master experience that all players can enjoy together," said David Haddad, Chief Operating Office, Guitar Hero. "With new social game modes, the inclusion of full microphone support, all-new levels of creative freedom and an amazing soundtrack, DJ Hero 2 is the ultimate mixer of music and friends."

"We're improving upon all the gameplay elements from DJ Hero that gamers loved with the all-new freestyle gameplay and a host of new multiplayer game modes," said Jamie Jackson, Creative Director, FreeStyleGames. "But we're not stopping there either as the award-winning soundtrack is getting bigger songs from hotter artists that our talented crew of DJ's is spinning into hits that fit the gameplay flawlessly."

DJ Hero 2 will deliver the ultimate way for players to come together and party with a host of new multiplayer modes – including DJ Battles that pit DJ against DJ in mixes produced specifically for battle gameplay – and invite vocalists into the spotlight with integrated on-screen singing and rapping of lyrics and rhymes while bringing the party to life with jump-in/jump-out Party Play gameplay. Featuring the biggest dance, pop and hip-hop hits by the hottest artists everyone knows and loves remixed by world-class DJ's in an all-new way, the game's soundtrack delivers over 70 unique creations only available in DJ Hero 2. Further immersing players into the music, the game offers a heightened level of creative input and allows everyone to add their own touch, directly impacting the beats they're spinning with freestyle scratching, crossfading and sampling. The game will also feature an all-new career-based Empire Mode where players start out as an up-and-coming DJ on the road to becoming the head of a major entertainment empire, all of which is founded solely on their success as a DJ.

Dropping this fall, DJ Hero 2 will invite a wave of new digital disc jockeys to the turntables as the game will be available as a Party Bundle which will include a copy of the game, two turntable controllers and a microphone, offering the ultimate "party-in-a-box." Gamers who experienced the #1 new videogame intellectual property of 2009 can pick up DJ Hero 2 as a Turntable Bundle featuring one turntable controller and a copy of the game or as standalone software. The game is in development by FreeStyleGames for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. The game is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information about DJ Hero 2, please visit www.djhero.com, facebook.com/djhero and twitter.com/djhero.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dj-heror-2-to-spin-hit-music-with-electrifying-social-experience-this-fall-95850414.html
AbXtreme  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting at least The Prodigy or Pendulum to be in this

but already having Deadmau5, Chemical Brothers and Metallica on board has already got my hopes up.

WE NEED MOAR DRUM & BASS ACTIVISION, MOARRRR
[http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=539942#539942/]
^ BRING THE DRUM & BASS TO ROCK BAND! ^
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andoryuu X PSN Name: CrimsonMastodon
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...YES.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prodigy would be awesome. they HAVE to do spitfire if they do prodigy. i think it would be easy for them to construct a good highway with that song.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnx7CRtX7k

TRAILER

Last edited by toymachine on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
Fedora  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFnx7CRtX7k

SEX

That is just a damn cool commercial.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
thespike  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1095728p1.html

IGN impressions also a new vid in the vid section.

"Freestyle opportunities are now available to scratch, crossfade, and trigger samples how you like. At certain points in a song you'll be able to hold down a turntable button and move the platter back and forth on your own, creating a personalized scratch performance rather than trigger pre-recorded scratches. During these sections you can also crossfade back and forth at will, isolating each record as you please. This time around, the samples have been pulled from the songs in the game, rather than random soundbites – although we are told that familiar air horn is still included."

All of this is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was surprized to see "Just Dance" for FREE in the PSN Store today. so i read furthermore and see "While waiting for DJ Hero 2 coming up this fall". bing ! confirmation made !

THIS FREE DEAL EXPIRE ON JUNE 14TH. BE AWARE. GET IT NAOW !!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Pussycat Dolls "Don't Cha" Mixed With Pitbull "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"
- MSTRKRFT "Bounce" Beat Juggle

The artist roster will include Pussycat Dolls, Pitbull, MSTRKRFT

sweet MSTRKRFT
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently no "freestyle mode" per say, but freestyle sections. Still cool. But no mention of an "expert plus" two turntable mode. =(

They said they have a party bundle with two turntable controllers, but I don't think that means single player double deck play. =(

I hope they added this mode and are just keeping this a secret.
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just hope they sort out the engine and cheat code problems that were in DJHero 1.

1P-CooP mode ?? i guess we shall see.

And party play ?? that sounds interesting ?? Maybe more than 2 decks and mic can be used.

and yes, lets hope Guitar is still in, and that we get Drums and Bass guitar too.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my local gamestop to check out how much the game and bundles were...

....guys, get ready to COME.

DJ Hero 2 Game:
$59.99

DJ Hero 2 Game + Turntable:
$99.99

DJ Hero 2 Game + 2 Turntables + Microphone:
$149.99

...believe it :o

NOTE: It IS possible prices may change, but this is what i got from my local Gamestop store, so i REALLY do hope this is the pricing, because if so, PARTY BUNDLE AHOY!

P.S. MSTRKRFT FTFW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnubisGX wrote:
Apparently no "freestyle mode" per say, but freestyle sections. Still cool. But no mention of an "expert plus" two turntable mode. =(

They said they have a party bundle with two turntable controllers, but I don't think that means single player double deck play. =(

I hope they added this mode and are just keeping this a secret.

I honestly don't know how they could pull this off without it being a huge disaster. They'd also more than likely have to come out with a new controller. After looking at the wiring in the current controllers, I don't believe that both turntables can be used at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't crush my dreams, man! Don't......crush........my.....................sigh.
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol sorry bro

I admit it would be cool if they somehow figured it out, but I don't think 2 turntables would be the DJ Hero we know anymore. Sorta like how Guitar Hero has 5 drum pads while rockband only has 4.

Keep dreaming though, maybe it really will come true
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: