ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
6/29/10 DLC - Pop 1 Track Pack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: 6/29/10 DLC - Pop 1 Track Pack Reply with quote

The following songs are now up for score-tracking:
The 3-pack is available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points, or 550 Wii Points) and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points, or 200 Wii Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®Network, and Wii™ Shop Channel.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by psxfreak101 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd comment on this week's DLC having now played it. It's turned out rather fun which is quite the surprise to me. Fireflies is actually quite a fun chart on guitar (imo), and Just Dance is fun (despite the amazing guitar intensity of 1) if you try playing it without strumming any notes (honestly never thought I'd be able to say I've FCed a song on expert guitar without strumming a single note, that is just TOO COOL). This Love is just an awesome song so yay ^_^

Keep in mind I'm an easily amused note hitting kinda guy, so what I find fun normally doesn't normally always translate to fun across the board here. Still, I'm quite entertained by this pack, so I'm happy
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay from Beenox said he charted Just Dance so you can play both Guitar and Bass at the same time. now, who can do it !?

EDIT: Full Band Video

Just Dance

This Love

Fireflies

Last edited by Cabanon on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
iammax  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pop track "1"

More like 20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iammax wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pop track "1"

More like 20

well this time they named it after the genre instead of the artist so i guess that's why they started numbering at 1.
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireflies and Just Dance = Awesome
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Love = Awesome
Just Dance = Awesome, but I own it on Rock Ba--Wait no Strumming needed?
Fireflies = Not listened to it. I might know it, but I'll check elisoncrz's videos later to decide. Or rather, look at the chart. At least the master song list in my sig has finally been updated to show the Pop/Queen pack listings.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it. Incredibly enjoyable. To have my. Lyrics. Broken up like. I. Talk like. William Shatner.

Seriously, every other phrase getting cut in half is not enjoyable.

StormEagle  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
I find it. Incredibly enjoyable. To have my. Lyrics. Broken up like. I. Talk like. William Shatner.

Win quote is win. Seriously Beenox, stop cutting the phrases.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About "Just Dance" on Guitar/Bass, I'll quote myself on this one in case some people haven't seen the other thread...

EfJay wrote:
Since there was nothing happening on both instruments and the song was all synths anyway, I figured I could chart everything as tapping gems and try to play both at the same time!
You lay two guitars flat in front of you, select bass for one instrument and guitar for the other and then try to get your brain up to the challenge of reading 2 highways at the same time! Pretty intense!

As for the open strum, it is not a tapping gem per se, it's a HOPO... All you need to do is press any button and pull off at the right time to activate the open strum...

Believe me, if you like challenge, this is worth a try!

As for the vocals charting, I'm not involved in it in any way, but there must be a reason, so I'll try to find out what is going on with the ones concerned...
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I like you Beenox guys, you actually respond.

They only reason I can think of why one should cut the phrases in half is to make singing artificially difficult. BUT vocals are already bloody hard and there already so few singers out there who even play on hard or expert or AT ALL. If anything, vocals should finally become EASIER instead of harder so that people will actually TRY to sing in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
As for the vocals charting, I'm not involved in it in any way, but there must be a reason, so I'll try to find out what is going on with the ones concerned...

My guess is a misguided attempt to make the instrument harder. [Edit: ninja'd]

Also, how many different, non-guitar instruments are charted for "Fireflies"? It reminds me of RB's "Clint Eastwood" all over again...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mister Salami
haoestrelalp  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint Eastwood was perfect pro Rock Band 2 certainly is the best DLC of Gorillaz

Just Dance is a challenge for vocal surely
Since I haven't throw XBOX/PS3/WII

which makes me feel very at ease kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

This Love, vocal, evil, they put a few tones from hell at the end of the song

btw
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: haoestrelalp
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They got it right that Just Dance is challenging on vox. I don't think there was anything split open that drastically there though, but two of the phrases in Colby's breakdown were a throwback to the GHWT chart conversions, i.e. notes with no gaps in them, which made them very hard to keep combo there.

That said, it's still beastly and I don't care what people say - it's a real challenge for vocalists. At 104 phrases long, could it be the most in a DLC song to date?

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to that Owl City song... OH GOD it's that fucking abomination that I have to hear every day on the radio. This song and Gives You Hell are the reason I hate Band Hero DLC in general...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: