ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Band Hero / Guitar Hero 6 Drum Pedals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ash678  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Band Hero / Guitar Hero 6 Drum Pedals Reply with quote

with the band hero drum kit having the bar along the bottom it renders the guitar hero metallica drum pedals which got released seperate useless (due to the bar being on the bottom for the band hero drum kit)

i was wondering considering guitar hero 6 is using the same kit as band hero, where can u get the band hero pedal seperate so you can double pedals. because right now im really annoyed with the guitar hero metallica ones due to them moving across the floor as you play.

or can you cheat the rma system and get a free band hero pedal ?
Robendo  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im using a Band Hero pedal + GHM pedal with my Band Hero drumset, I've duct taped the GHM pedal to the "feet" of the drumset and it works perfect
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Band Hero / Guitar Hero 6 Drum Pedals Reply with quote

ash678 wrote:
renders the guitar hero metallica drum pedals which got released seperate useless?

How, do you have a bar where the second pedal is? There shouldn't be, because the second pedal should be to the left of the snare/red
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Band Hero / Guitar Hero 6 Drum Pedals Reply with quote

ash678 wrote:
with the band hero drum kit having the bar along the bottom it renders the guitar hero metallica drum pedals which got released seperate useless (due to the bar being on the bottom for the band hero drum kit)

i was wondering considering guitar hero 6 is using the same kit as band hero, where can u get the band hero pedal seperate so you can double pedals. because right now im really annoyed with the guitar hero metallica ones due to them moving across the floor as you play.

or can you cheat the rma system and get a free band hero pedal ?

Now that guitarherostore.com closed (I got mine from there), your only option is likely ebay. There are a few pedal listings on there.

mbnasir6 wrote:
ash678 wrote:
renders the guitar hero metallica drum pedals which got released seperate useless?

How, do you have a bar where the second pedal is? There shouldn't be, because the second pedal should be to the left of the snare/red

Why on Earth would you put the pedal to the left of the snare That's just insanely awkward...

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Band Hero / Guitar Hero 6 Drum Pedals Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

Why on Earth would you put the pedal to the left of the snare That's just insanely awkward...

?

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Band Hero / Guitar Hero 6 Drum Pedals Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:

?

[picture that owned me]

Well, I appear to have been owned

In the context of GH drums, though, I tried to play with the bass pedal to the left of the snare and failed miserably but then again I'm not exactly the best drummer >.> It just felt weird to me to bend my left leg that way while still playing other pads. I felt like I had much more power and control with the pedal right in front of me.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
g0dly  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha i was just going to say that every time i've seen a double bass petal it's been next to the hi hat petal. putting it in between the drums is not the normal location

If you have trouble with the petal sliding around, you can shop for some rubber that sticks to the bottom of your petal which will add grip when you play on hardwood. it'll stop it from sliding. if you are on carpet and the stock Velcro isn't enough you can just get more of that at the store aswell.
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a pedal RIGHT next to your primary pedal is gonna mess up your technique.

Look at real double bass pedals, they can't be shortened enough to be less then (my) shoulder width
ash678  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then they need to change the shape of these drum kits lol the bar on the band hero drum kit is for the pedals and they only put it because everyone complained about pedals moving. but they dont supply you with 2 pedals only one.

my point was if ur using a second pedal ur screwed if your going to be playing it how the actually drum kit is set up because the second pedal doesnt have the underneth done to attach to the bar.

i know the proper way to play the pedals but u cant do that on a guitar hero drum kit or a rock band rum kit because of the shitty layout.
mbnasir6  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't need to include it at all.
They need to sell it with a second BH Bass Pedal

Majority of Band Bundle buyers are casual gamers, who don't care about X+, or even Expert, so it would be a waste of money
ash678  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would u be able to cheat the rma system and say ur band hero pedal is broke and get a replcement ?
g0dly  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't understand the issue. You would put the second pedal to the left of the snare right? That would be away from the bar so you wouldn't need to use a BH pedal. You could just use a standard WT pedal with your second foot.
kire  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like almost everyone here said, you put the pedal left of snare, (or right if you are lefty)

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

g0dly wrote:
I still can't understand the issue. You would put the second pedal to the left of the snare right? That would be away from the bar so you wouldn't need to use a BH pedal. You could just use a standard WT pedal with your second foot.

Which is exactly what I did when I played on a BH kit. But now that I'm back to my WT kit (with GoodWoods), I have to use a pair of drum sticks to keep the BH pedal in place.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: