ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How does the vocals engine work on each game?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthritisHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: How does the vocals engine work on each game? Reply with quote

ive been looking online and i cant seem to find anything... does anyone know a sight (or a thread) i can go to that shows me everything about the guitar hero vocals engine? I wanna know how the freeform works, how points are given (based on "average," "excellent," etc.), and stuff like that.
I'm not sure if it's different for each game, other than how you get starpower.... but i'd like a link for it if possible. thanks guys!
GHV: 16/47 {The Takedown, Cathedral, I Want It All}
GHM: 16/49 {Fuel, Stone Cold Crazy}
BH: 58/65 {Take a Picture, Y.M.C.A., Lifeline, Gasoline, Picture to Burn}

Any Instrument FC's: 230
My Thread of Accomplishments

~ARTHRITIS RIVALRIES! NOW OPEN!~ (XGuitar)
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock | Guitar Hero: Metallica | Guitar Hero 5 | Guitar Hero: Van Halen
disturbedfreak  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: How does the vocals engine work on each game? Reply with quote

ArthritisHero wrote:
ive been looking online and i cant seem to find anything... does anyone know a sight (or a thread) i can go to that shows me everything about the guitar hero vocals engine? I wanna know how the freeform works, how points are given (based on "average," "excellent," etc.), and stuff like that.
I'm not sure if it's different for each game, other than how you get starpower.... but i'd like a link for it if possible. thanks guys!

To do a freeform, you have to sing certain pitches in a scale (there's somewhere in the Vocals forum showing what pitches to sing in most of the songs)

For GHWT, you get points for how much of every vocal note you filled up, the max being 500. For GHM, GHSH, and GHVH, 500 points are given for excellents. As your multiplier goes up, your point value gets multiplied. You can go up to X4, so the highest points you can get for a phrase on the 3 games I listed is 2000 (4000 with Star Power) For GH5 and Band Hero, It's harder to explain. It's like, the longer the phrase, the more points you get. The vocal notes are like "ticks" on guitar sustains (if you don't know what they are, look it up) Basically, like I said before, the longer the phrase, the more points you get. For lower ratings like Solid and Average, it just gives the amount of points you got based on how much of the notes you "filled up". I hope this helped you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 6158928254521041
ArthritisHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on GHM, how many points do you get for anything less than excellent? is it a range such as 400-499 for solid, 300-399 for average, ......?
GHV: 16/47 {The Takedown, Cathedral, I Want It All}
GHM: 16/49 {Fuel, Stone Cold Crazy}
BH: 58/65 {Take a Picture, Y.M.C.A., Lifeline, Gasoline, Picture to Burn}

Any Instrument FC's: 230
My Thread of Accomplishments

~ARTHRITIS RIVALRIES! NOW OPEN!~ (XGuitar)
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock | Guitar Hero: Metallica | Guitar Hero 5 | Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we need exact math, then here's my findings from looking at non-FC runs around Youtube for the WT era games.

For the Expert difficulty, these are what I found to be the point rewards for nailing phrases:

0-249 - Sloppy (I'm sure in all cases, you score nothing for a Sloppy; anyone want to test that theory out?)
250-349 - Rough
350-399 - Average
400-499 - Solid
500 - Excellent

For lower difficulties, all these are divided by 5 and multiplied by the rank of the difficulty in question. That means that it's x1 for Beginner (max 100 for an Excellent), x2 for Easy (max 200), and so on and so forth.

I may need another opinion on this one, but I hope this kind of helps answer your question o.O

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: