ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
1000th post. Edit: read the edit on the first post.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: 1000th post. Edit: read the edit on the first post. Reply with quote

ok So I was waiting to post this in one of the threads I normally go to to make it epic, but I realized why not just open a thread with it and say all I need to say.

Ok so I joined this sight almost 3 years ago. Right around when Hellashes was about to Fc Jordan. I've been here since then. in the time I've been here I never thought one post would make me realize so much.

since I've been here I've changed into a completely different person. but no matter how much I changed I always had this site and I never stopped going to it. And I would like to thank all of scorehero for being such a great and hospitable community. you guys have been awesome for the time I've been here. I just wish I coulda been here from the start. so yea. thank you all so much. Holy shit it tool along time for that 1000th post. yay for mascot.

Edit: to form some type of discussion I guess what are your earliest and favorite memories of scorehero?

Last edited by killermonkey on Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:05 am; edited 2 times in total
pyrobob  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...what's so special about 1000 posts? My account on Gaia (Gaia. Sue me) has almost 20 thousand.

Just comparing.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure why you felt the need to open a whole new topic just to post that you have posted 1000 times... cool?
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Not really sure why you felt the need to open a whole new topic just to post that you have posted 1000 times... cool?

Over 90% of SH has never posted. He's done it 1000 times, and he wanted to thank us for his time here. I don't see why he can't. Sure, maybe a whole new thread for it was probably unnecessary, but hey, it's not like he came in saying he wants to die because he wasted three years here. I say let him have fun.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mean Girls wrote:
You know, it's not really required of you to make a speech.

Seriously, most people just take the crown and go.

It's nice to see someone take so long to get so many posts, it's much more of an event this way. Congratulations, man!
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool why didn't i get a party or the other x00 people?
killermonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
I'm not saying you guys don't. It was just a special thing for me cause this is the only forum I go to and it took me practically three years to get this many posts.
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, my 1,000th post meant nothing to me, but obviously it meant a lot to this guy. Different events mean different things to different people. Congratz dude.

3926 0220 0199 1364
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only that work actually gave you something aside from a few pixels and then a bunch of people saying it was maeningless

oh scorehero, y r we so silly
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joekickass1234 wrote:
For me, my 1,000th post meant nothing to me, but obviously it meant a lot to this guy. Different events mean different things to different people. Congratz dude.

For example, your 16th birthday. Most people are really excited about it, and want a huge party or something. This year, I turned 16, and, well, I didn't care. My mom made me have a party, haha.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
killzonedout  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with the negative attitude in here? Normally people don't make new threads, but plenty of people make speeches or whatever they will for a 1000, 2000, etcetc post number.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because it's happened before, many times

same reason nobody really posts in threads where somebody gets a Strutter fc or That's What You Get fc
joerod  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrobob wrote:
...what's so special about 1000 posts? My account on Gaia (Gaia. Sue me) has almost 20 thousand.

Just comparing.

Lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killzonedout wrote:
What's up with the negative attitude in here? Normally people don't make new threads, but plenty of people make speeches or whatever they will for a 1000, 2000, etcetc post number.

To me, making a big deal of each post (or just milestones) is a bit silly, since it's a forum discussion. It's not like you count how many sentences you say talking to your group of friends and celebrate every 1000 or whatever. I did make a little post about my 5000th post, but that's a little more than 1000, and I don't think I'd do it now if I was at 4999 again. I certainly haven't made a big deal about 5500, 6000 or 6300.

In this post: top ten poster questions the logic of making a big deal of posting. >__>

Still, getting 1000 posts still takes a while (even for me and my ever decreasing ~6ppd), and managing to stay on the relative good side of the community (not rockered or bant as far as I can see) is pretty tricky at times. Good job on that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:

Add me to your sig because I think you're an asshole

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: