ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rush 2112 Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't play it all as one chart in quickplay? SERIOUSLY? That's just terrible. No, making a setlist with all the parts in a row isn't the same. I want to play it as one huge song with one huge chart and one huge score. I understand many people not wanting to have to play through the whole thing if they just want to play a certain part. But why not give us the option? I mean, damn...
ddrsensation  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just died.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 6027399410921283
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveAbKI wrote:
Can't play it all as one chart in quickplay? SERIOUSLY? That's just terrible. No, making a setlist with all the parts in a row isn't the same. I want to play it as one huge song with one huge chart and one huge score. I understand many people not wanting to have to play through the whole thing if they just want to play a certain part. But why not give us the option? I mean, damn...

What if the engine just can't play 20 minutes of music at once? I mean even in career it has breaks to tell the story.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Wolvatron  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveAbKI wrote:

The only way I'd be okay with that is if it's not selectable online. Or better yet, if it got selected all the users playing would have to vote yes in order for it to get played. Or the song is only available when you're playing with people from your friends list.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
SteveAbKI wrote:

What if the engine just can't play 20 minutes of music at once? I mean even in career it has breaks to tell the story.

If this generation of gaming systems can't handle 20 straight minutes of music gameplay, then there's something wrong here. Or it's a terribly innefficient engine. I doubt that's the case.
XxIronManXx1  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: GH 2112 Reply with quote

This is awsome but Im more of a rockband guy so anyone have herd of more RB-RUSH?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: OutsideOwl
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad it gives the option of playing it as a whole in Quest and then being able to play just the parts in Quickplay. I'll actually play the song more often that way by just playing the parts I like.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: GH 2112 Reply with quote

XxIronManXx1 wrote:
This is awsome but Im more of a rockband guy so anyone have herd of more RB-RUSH?

Yeah they might have a song according to this.

http://rockbandaide.com/6105/more-rush-coming-to-rock-band-guitar-hero-rumor/

now back to the blue side with you!
dps2002  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
...it's fair enough that "2112", like what we know about the GH:WoR storyline so far, has an emphasis on bringing rock back. But do remember though that it didn't have a happy ending, so I'm half-expecting a plot twist when that stage is done. It'll still be cool to do it through though.

I always thought that the ending of 2112 was ambiguous. It was left to interpretation whether or not "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation...we have assumed control" was good or bad...unless something has been mentioned in subsequent years to decide this once and for all.
graymatterpdx  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMFG.

I was hoping for La Villa Strangiato in GH:WoR but this is amazing news. Can't believe people have already found a way to complain about it.

I also hope this bodes well for future DLC from Rush for GH, including porting over the Moving Pictures album from RB2. I was motivated to buy RB2 in order to participate in the S11 leagues, buoyed by the fact that all of MP was available, but I just can't stand RB drums.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a reasonable complaint though...it's one long piece, it should be playable as one long piece in quickplay if desired. I'm thrilled to have it in. I just wish I could play it all at once as one chart with one score.
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolvatron wrote:
SteveAbKI wrote:

The only way I'd be okay with that is if it's not selectable online. Or better yet, if it got selected all the users playing would have to vote yes in order for it to get played. Or the song is only available when you're playing with people from your friends list.

excellent point
eddaket  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the biggest reason why 2112 isn't playable as a whole is because of space. Think about it, you have 93 tracks on the disc. That's (assuming no missing instruments) 1860 different note charts (although all vocal charts are relatively the same, but meh.), along with 5 different audio tracks for each track. In order to have 2112 playable as a whole, you'd have to make another 20 chart files and 5 audio tracks, all 20 minutes long. That is a LOT of space needed on an already jam-packed game. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it DLC in the future, but I can see why it's not on disc.
MightyJordan  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
Probably the biggest reason why 2112 isn't playable as a whole is because of space. Think about it, you have 93 tracks on the disc. That's (assuming no missing instruments) 1860 different note charts (although all vocal charts are relatively the same, but meh.), along with 5 different audio tracks for each track. In order to have 2112 playable as a whole, you'd have to make another 20 chart files and 5 audio tracks, all 20 minutes long. That is a LOT of space needed on an already jam-packed game. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it DLC in the future, but I can see why it's not on disc.

They don't really fill up the disc though. A 360 disc is a dual-layer DVD, which is 8.5GB, but Guitar Hero World Tour, when installed to the 360 hard drive, is 6.5GB, and that's got a lot of songs. I'm not sure how big Guitar Hero 5 is (couldn't find anything in Google), but it's probably only slightly bigger than GHWT.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: MightyJordan PSN Name: MightyJordan
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chart files/data take up very little space. Audio files are a different story, but I really doubt running out of room on disc is an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: