ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rush 2112 Announcement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overwin  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dps2002 wrote:
Wooffus wrote:
...it's fair enough that "2112", like what we know about the GH:WoR storyline so far, has an emphasis on bringing rock back. But do remember though that it didn't have a happy ending, so I'm half-expecting a plot twist when that stage is done. It'll still be cool to do it through though.

I always thought that the ending of 2112 was ambiguous. It was left to interpretation whether or not "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation...we have assumed control" was good or bad...unless something has been mentioned in subsequent years to decide this once and for all.

It's still open for interpretation. It is ambiguous and it was made that way on purpose.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger PSN Name: XygnusX-1 Wii Friend Code: 8930246070815422
PaulRobinson  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disk space is most definitely an issue - the maximum usable space on a Xbox disk is more like 7gb, and we come very close to filling it up completely. I don't have the figures in front of me, but I think we only had about 100mb or so free on this one, so putting another 20 minutes of song data on the disk was not possible.
Disk space was one issue with this (having the full song as well as individual parts would potentially not fit on disk), but telling the story and having it playable in one piece allows people to play it that way in quest, and the vast majority of people would likely want to play individual parts in quickplay. You can make a 7 song setlist to play it (almost) as one continuous song (and yes, I know this means you don't get total stats), but to add another full version would have potentially meant removing other songs and would also have caused it to become the #1 rage quit song in online. The only loss is stats for all 7 parts combined and small breaks between parts - in my opinion, it's better this way, and you only lose a small amount of functionality.
Paul
thenewkidaw71  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulRobinson wrote:
Disk space is most definitely an issue - the maximum usable space on a Xbox disk is more like 7gb, and we come very close to filling it up completely. I don't have the figures in front of me, but I think we only had about 100mb or so free on this one, so putting another 20 minutes of song data on the disk was not possible.
Disk space was one issue with this (having the full song as well as individual parts would potentially not fit on disk), but telling the story and having it playable in one piece allows people to play it that way in quest, and the vast majority of people would likely want to play individual parts in quickplay. You can make a 7 song setlist to play it (almost) as one continuous song (and yes, I know this means you don't get total stats), but to add another full version would have potentially meant removing other songs and would also have caused it to become the #1 rage quit song in online. The only loss is stats for all 7 parts combined and small breaks between parts - the positives outweigh the negatives.
Paul

thats understandable, but is it possible that we might get the 20 minute version as DLC down the road

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
dave0113  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:
PaulRobinson wrote:
Disk space was one issue with this (having the full song as well as individual parts would potentially not fit on disk), but telling the story and having it playable in one piece allows people to play it that way in quest, and the vast majority of people would likely want to play individual parts in quickplay. You can make a 7 song setlist to play it (almost) as one continuous song (and yes, I know this means you don't get total stats), but to add another full version would have potentially meant removing other songs and would also have caused it to become the #1 rage quit song in online. The only loss is stats for all 7 parts combined and small breaks between parts - the positives outweigh the negatives.
Paul

thats understandable, but is it possible that we might get the 20 minute version as DLC down the road

I have the same question. That would be awesome if you could release it as a downloadable song. Then pretty much everyone would be happy. People who don't want to worry about having a 20 minute song picked online don't have to download it, and people who want to play for a competitve score and/or experience the whole song uninterrupted will be able to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, fair enough. Thanks for clarifying. I'm just kind of surprised there's apparently no way to combine the 7 parts, which are obviously already on disk, into one chart without having to create separate files for the full version.I guess that's how it goes.
OCEAT  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overwin wrote:
dps2002 wrote:
Wooffus wrote:
...it's fair enough that "2112", like what we know about the GH:WoR storyline so far, has an emphasis on bringing rock back. But do remember though that it didn't have a happy ending, so I'm half-expecting a plot twist when that stage is done. It'll still be cool to do it through though.

I always thought that the ending of 2112 was ambiguous. It was left to interpretation whether or not "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation...we have assumed control" was good or bad...unless something has been mentioned in subsequent years to decide this once and for all.

It's still open for interpretation. It is ambiguous and it was made that way on purpose.

I agree with the ambiguous nature, though one does have to consider the line "my lifeblood spills over" in part 6, and the ending narrative on the album's liner notes, that strongly point towards a more fitting ending for the dystopic nature of the epic.

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens
82erkle  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy...shit...

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
bkeys15  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so... you cant play it as 1 whole song?

well poop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCEAT wrote:
I agree with the ambiguous nature, though one does have to consider the line "my lifeblood spills over" in part 6, and the ending narrative on the album's liner notes, that strongly point towards a more fitting ending for the dystopic nature of the epic.

Ending narrative on the liner notes? Now that's something I never was aware of. My purchase of the 2112 album was done through iTunes, and I don't think it had a digital booklet, so I would not have seen liner notes.

Do you or anybody else know of a place where I might find said notes?
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys remember the good 'ol days when you beat the game and...unlock stuff? maybe that is what they will be doing with 2112. Sure you can unlock all with a code or whatever but until you beat the game, you wont be able to play the song as a whole. idk just a thought.
atruebassist

EDIT:
Totally stoked and pre-ordered 2 weeks ago before i even knew about all this. This just makes me want to pay it off even sooner!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atruebassist wrote:
you guys remember the good 'ol days when you beat the game and...unlock stuff? maybe that is what they will be doing with 2112. Sure you can unlock all with a code or whatever but until you beat the game, you wont be able to play the song as a whole. idk just a thought.
atruebassist

It's already been confirmed in this very thread that there's no playable full version.
Parama  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to play the full version of the song, make a playlist of all the song's parts. <_______<

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
If you want to play the full version of the song, make a playlist of all the song's parts. <_______<

People are wanting the full song and it's biiiiig score.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
jaco4873  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: John 5 Reply with quote

Damn! Looks great. And Black Widow Of La Porte with John 5 is included in the setlist :O!
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:

Already been addressed.

edit: I'm actually not THAT upset about it. It's a minor thing in the end. just disappointed. Still looking forward to the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: